LEGEND

Who Lives in the Mystic Abbey?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"During the time when earth was still  young, when the ancient breed of men were just starting civilization, a small village was formed in the south of Hangul, the community is peaceful though they we struggling to get food and sustain their needs.

 

One day a divine being descended from the sky with unearthly appearance, her skin was pale and glowing, her eyes were as bright as the stars during nightfall..  Her hair is flowing like liquid gold and her voice makes the most heavenly sound. Every step she made bring the men to their knees and makes the women gulped in bitterness of envy.

 

The pure white wings on her back was feared yet admired by everyone...  she is utterly beautiful inside and out, she treat people with kindness and help the village grow, since she came to the village, the soil in the mountain side became more fertile suitable in growing crops, fishes became abundant to the river and the wind was gentle than ever.  

 

One night, in the midst of a heavy storm… the Winged being appeared again, her eyes were red and her body was trembling in cold. Though the villagers know her, none of them let her in to their home, she was ignored.  A young man who serves as a monk in the temple accepted her and kept her warm, awed by the kindness, the woman felt a strong affection to the man.

 

As the days pass the heavenly being grew fonder to the young monk, eventually she fell in love deeply. Unknown to the divine being, someone is watching her all along with dark intentions for her and everyone in the village. Several full moons passed and another storm came, ruining the crops in the field and contaminated the river. Hunger and sickness befall to the villagers, one day a man with the most handsome features came and told the villagers that the calamity was the wrath of heavens, caused by the monk and the Winged woman’s affair. The stranger maliciously said that to appease the sky they need to kill the woman and put her blood in their land. The villagers went furious, equipped with their torches and bows they all went to the temple aiming to kill the woman that helped them raise the community.

 

The monk and the woman were caught by surprise as the villagers trashed the temple with pure hatred and anger. They pulled the woman harshly and dragged her in the middle of the village despite her pleads and tears. She was tied in a stakes to be stoned to death and be burned, the young monk tried to calm the people but nobody listened, the men kept on throwing huge stones  to the poor woman wounding her and breaking her perfection.  Eyes shut the monk shielded the heavenly being with his own body, for he could not stand watching her get hurt.  But it  only made the people angrier.  In a blink of an eye the young monk dropped lifeless because of an arrow pierced in his heart, coming from nowhere..

 

The woman watched him bled before her feet, an enormous amount of unfamiliar feeling field her heart towards the humans...for the first time she felt hatred.  Her eyes grew darker and sharper.  She screamed in fury, soon dark clouds with thunder gather on top of the village that she cared for so long. The ropes were burned to ashes in her will; the villagers were stunned and scared beyond belief. The rain pour unforgiving with strong winds, the ground shook and opened,  the villagers tried to run away in terror but to no avail the woman spread her wings and kill them mercilessly one by one.. Using her bare hands she ends their lives painfully, forcefully pulled out their souls out of their body without remorse.

 

Once she’s done, she felt vindicated in the redness around her… she was pleased to see unmoving bodies scattered on the ground.

 

 

A delighted man watched her all along, as she slaughtered the entire village. He smiled wickedly to the woman who was stained with blood and dirt.  As soon as their eyes met, the heavenly being realized what just happened she look around and see the pile of bodies around her, bodies of the people she killed. The rain and the wind stopped at once..

 

“It’s a delightful sight, isn’t it?” The man asked as he pulled out a cloth from his silk robes to dry himself as he looks around.

 

The woman didn’t answer, feeling numbed as she stare at the stranger.

 

“I am once like you” the man said as stepped his foot forward, he glanced on her blood stained wings. “But now...” he touched the human blood that was sprayed on her cheeks and brushed it on her lips “you are like me” he whispered.

 

The woman taste the intoxicating flavor of iron in the man’s finger tips, she closed her eyes as she felt a burning sensation on her back... Her wings were burning. She screamed in pain as she kneeled on the bloody ground, her eyes produced tears for the first time, she screamed once more.

 

“Shhh..” The man cooed as he watches her feathers turned to ashes.. “It’s lovely..” he whispered.

 

Unable to speak, the woman wailed in vain as her body experienced unbearable pain. Her eyes were open but she sees nothing but darkness..

 

“Don’t fret my dear, for you have fallen to rule this world... with me.”

 

**

 

“I see you’re reading your favorite fairy tale again.” Said the voice that made the minister look up.  “You seem to be enjoying yourself.” He added as hi stride elegantly by the window..

 

“It’s our history my friend, not a fictional rubbish by humans.  I have asked Wooyoung to make a newer version of this story, and he wrote it quite interestingly.. The newer generation of our kind will appreciate this more, I somehow felt youthful again.” Taecyeon closed the delicate looking book and focused his dark eyes to the man I front of him.  “How’s our guest? Nickhun?”

 

“Let’s just say they are not so fond of us, as of the moment”  the man named Nickchun answered as he look outside and watch hundreds of students walking on the university ground, the classes just finished minutes ago.

 

“We don’t need their affection, we need them to be obedient” The man sighed as he lean his back to rest. “Put them in a dungeon and bring food to shut their mouths.. I believe those toddlers haven’t had a fresh drink for decades now”

 

“Yes, ofcourse.. I picked the cleanest students we have to offer them.. they should be enjoying right now” Nickhun looks at the Minister. “What’s the new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter