MEMORIES

Who Lives in the Mystic Abbey?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1927

 

There was an explosion..

 

A fourteen year old girl look around frightened, nothing seems familiar.  She wants to yell but her voice seems to be lost.   She looks at her clothes and her tears fell when she noticed that the pure white Hanbok that her mother made for her was full of dirt now.

 

“Umma..” Sooyeon called but she sees nothing just file of ashes and burning woods, just few hours ago she and her mother were watching the first snowfall that year.. Her head hurts when she remembers how the guards screamed outside the walls of the small palace, her mother… her mother kept her safe she can feel a surge of wind her heart starts to beat fast.. “Umma!” Sooyeon tried to get up but she fell on the dirty ground again.

 

“Help..” The little girl cried as she felt pain in her knees.. It’s almost twilight, and the surrounding were almost unrecognizable.. It’s beginning to get dark. . Her tears fell when she realized that no one will come to help her.. She limply gets up again.

 

“You!” A young man yelled with the black robes, his dark eyes was as black as his long raven hair that was cradled gently by the wind. He looks like he was just a little older than her.

 

Sooyeon look at him in wide eyes as she slowly steps back. He is not like them, she can smell it.. It’s making her thirsty… this one is a villager, that’s what her parents call their kind..  And he is not supposed to be in their forest.

 

“Are you hurt?”   This time the young man asked gently as he neared the lamp to her.

 

Sooyeon gasps as she saw his face, he was breath taking… His skin glowed in soft yellow against the light that was emitted by the candle inside .  She never saw someone so beautiful…

 

“Are you okay?” The boy asked again this time he steps forward.

 

“Stop!” Sooyeon yelled, she was not afraid of the young man but she is afraid of herself..  The way he smells makes her wants to pounce him and sank her teeth into his flesh. She immediately held her breath and covers her nose in the attempt that the sensation will go away.

 

“Do you live here?” He looked at her curiously with a flare of adoration, like how her father looks her mother; Sooyeon can hear her own heart pounding..  So instead of answering she turned and run as fast as she could into the darkness of the woods. She can’t stay.

 

 

 

+++++++

 

 

“Sooyeon..”  The blonde girl looks up swiftly and glares at the seventeen years old boy.  

 

“It’s you again! When will you stop bothering me?!”  Sooyeon hissed at the annoying boy, since their palace exploded, she spent her days wandering the woods. Since then the young man never stop bothering her, she changes her hideout all the time and every time that she does.. There he is, finding her like a hunting dog.

 

“Sooyeon… didn’t I tell you to call me Yul?” The boy smiled at her, which made her mad even more; apparently he heard her talking to herself out loud when she calm herself few nights ago.

 

“I told you never get near me ever again!” Sooyeon get up but fall back as soon as she stood up,  She was so weakened it’s been a week since she last drink, she can feel her insides are drying.

 

“Let me help—“

 

“No!” Jessica leaned away from Yul, she can stand his smell it makes her thirstier than she is.

 

But the young man didn’t mind her refusal; he effortlessly carried her in his arms. Sooyeon bit her own lips and shut her eyes tight as she fight the urge to bite him then and there.

 

 Yul put her down on the small cave that she used to sleep on the other day and starts to build a small fire to keep her warm.  Sooyeon who was just watching behind him bring her own arm to and bite her own flesh to draw whatever blood is left for her, she felt the pain as she cut her own skin but she needs to survive.

 

“What are you doing?!” Yul run to her and stop her from hurting herself.

 

“Just let me be!” Jessica cried with her bloody mouth.  “Get away from here!”

 

“If you’re hungry.. I will bring you food!” Yul was still restraining g her with a worried look on his face.

 

The girl’s tears rolled in her eyes in frustration.  “I don’t know if you are a fool or just plain ignorant! I don’t need food.” Sooyeon glared at him. “I need blood, lots of it! Can you give me that?!” The young girl asked mocking.

 

The boy stiffened.

 

“If not! Then just go away from me! Run as far as you can! Because I might end up drinking you dry… I’m so thirsty..” The girl cried hysterically as her eyes avoid his.

 

Yul heart ache watching the younger girl wept, he gulped anxiously.. “Sooyeon..” he called her softly..

 

“I said go away!” the girl yelled.

 

Yul unfasten his thick scarf around his neck revealing his skin, he grabs the girls hand and put it in his neck…

 

Sooyeon look at him with an unreadable expression.

 

“If it’s blood that you want, you can have mine”  Yul whispered as he locks his gaze to the blonde girl who stole his heart from the first time their eyes met.

 

“W-why are you doing this?” Sooyeon asked him in confusion.

 

“Because I love you.” Yul said straightly.

 

“No…” Sooyeon tried to push him.

 

“Come on, bite me… I’m giving my blood to you” Yul  insist again as he showed his bare neck to the girl.

 

Sooyeon cried silently as she looks up to Yul, she can’t even move… How could a stranger, a mere human offer his self to a vampire like her?

 

The young man let go of her hand and pulled her into a tight embrace, he gently pushed Sooyeon’s face towards the nook of his neck and close his eyes. He can feel the girl’s heavy breathing against his skin. “Come on.. I know you’re in pain.. please drink.” Yul felt the moisture escaped from his closed eyes.

 

Yul felt the girl’s soft lips touched his neck, and a million volts travelled on his spine.  But the girl didn’t do anything instead she withdraw her head and lead in his ear.

 

“Thank you for your generosity… It’s the kinde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter