COUNCIL

Who Lives in the Mystic Abbey?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber was taken aback when he saw the girl’s scared face. He wants to erase that but even before he opened his mouth to speak the girl run away and disappeared in the woods. “What are they doing there? I thought northern forests are dangerous” He asked himself without removing his gaze to the forest on the other side of the river.

 

++++++++++++

 

A week later..

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Sooyoung asked Sunny who was also looking at the youngest member of their family.  Krystal was often seen staring at the window with blank expression, which is normal… If you’re talking about Jessica, not Krystal.

 

Sunny shrugged, Krystal was rather disconnected when they are having classes. Its starts to bother them, she’s been like that ever since Taeyeon and Sooyoung got into fight last week.

 

Sooyoung sighed “I wish Taeyeon and Jessica were here” The two was been out for two days.. Taeyeon and Jessica are in Seoul to handle some business, and to get their supply in the blood bank. 

 

“Now you wish Taeyeon is here?” Sunny looks at her in a distrusting manner.  The details of their last fight were still fresh in her memory.

 

“Well yah.. It’s better than nothing.”

 

“What are we then? Invisible?”

 

“Aish! I’m so bored..” Sooyoung pouted.

 

“Yeah… now that you mention that… me too..” Sunny looked at the window.

 

“Let’s go to the town Unnies!” Krystal suddenly beamed at the two all of a sudden, which startle them since Krystal was really quite this past few days.

 

“That’s a great idea!! Let’s buy ice cream!!!” Sooyoung clapped her hands; Jessica threw all of the human food left in the house last week.  Her poor snacks…all gone.

 

“We can’t, we need permission” Sunny threw herself to the couch exhaustedly.

 

“Yah! I’m a leader too! I say we go to the town!” Sooyoung crossed her arms as she look down at the shortest girl.

 

“Yeah.. But Taeyeon is the first leader followed by Jessica” Sunny answered bluntly. “It’s according to age” Sunny said now she’s completely lying on the couch.

 

“Me and Jessica are the same age!” Sooyoung whined.

 

“She’s older than you by months, you should be calling us Unnies… where’s your manners?”  Sunny smirked.

 

“Aish!! Sooyoung stomped at the floor out of frustration.

 

“Taeyeon and Jessica will be mad if they find out.”  Sunny said as she open the game device on her hand.

 

“Then let’s not tell them” Krystal butted in

 

“Yeah they will never know”  Sooyoung eyes twinkled.

 

“It’s dangerous”  Sunny yawned.

 

“I will buy you ice cream!” Sooyoung bribe her with food.

 

“No thanks!” Sunny returned to her game.

 

“I will take you shopping!” Sooyoung showed her cash. “Name your price!”

 

“Nah…I’d rather stay here and guard you guys.” Sunny dismissed.

 

“I will give you my new game console; I’ve never used it before” Krystal added with a winning expression on her face.

 

“Really?!” Sunny immediately rose up from the couch with wide eyes. Yeah Krystal won alright..

 

“Yeah.. I have the latest version of the games that I gave you”

 

Sooyoung proudly wrapped her arms to Krystal’s shoulder ‘good job Krys!’  She thought like a proud mom.

 

“Ok… but we have to be back before sunset ok?!”

 

“OK!!”  Sooyoung and Krystal grinned at each other.

 

+++++++++++++

 

Mean while in Seoul.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon were in sitting in an underground hall of Yonsei University, the oldest University in Korea. This is also the head Quarters of Dark Council, the governing body of their kind.  The current minister summoned them when they found out that they have entered the country. Their coven is not under the wings of the council, they don’t recognize it as a legit.

 

They just show up because they dont want to cause any misunderstanding among thir kind..almost 90% of korean coven were under the coucil,it will not be wise to show resistance even if they are old blood.

 

Jessica worriedly looks Taeyeo who was showing no emotion as they wait. These chambers really freak out all the calmness out of her. They have been here before and the memory is not pleasant at all.

 

“Taeng..” Jessica called the shorter girl beside her.

 

‘Don’t worry for nothing… We will just say hello and then we will get the hell out of here” Taeyeon said.

 

Jessica just nodded.. She’s thankful that Sooyoung , Krystal and Sunny were left in the Mystic abbey, Sooyoung can’t handle this kind of things even the mere memory of this halls bothered Sooyoung in her entire childhood.

 

“Welcome to the council young Old bloods…  It’s great to finally see you” A deep voice boomed in the entire room.  A tall man emerge from the huge door in front of them, He was wearing a black and gold cloak that was long enough to touch the floor.  He is very good looking but his face says nothing but danger.

 

 The man turned to Taeyeon, He leaned close to her, too close for comfort that is. Taeyeon remained unmoving as she met the disarming black eyes of the man. “Daughter of Kim Soo Hyun, how are you little earth shaker?” The man grinned.

 

“My name is Taeyeon, and I’m fine” Taeyeon said sternly.

 

“Aigoo…You’ve got the prankness of your father. It’s been a century since I last saw you.. You’re still a tiny infant then.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t say anything, she don’t have to reply in every word he say in the first place.

 

“Not so friendly, I see..” He looked disapprovingly, and then he turned to the Jessica with a glint of amusement in his eyes, as if he saw a new toy or something. Jessica maintains a stoic face as she felt the man walked towards her.

 

‘My.. my.. What do we have here?” The man held her chin to lift her head and to have a better view of her face.  He smiled at her

“Are you the daughter of Ilwoo and Hyesun?”Jessica calmly pushed his hand away from her face, which seems to surprise the man as well as Taeyeon who was now looking at her with wide eyes. “I appreciate it, if you will keep your hands to yourself, Yes.. I’m their daughter..My name is Jung Sooyeon “

 

The man laughed which startled both Taeyeon and Jessica. “I’m sorry.. “ The man turned away and sat on a huge seat on the other end of the room suppressing his laughter. “Sooyeon.. You look striking like your wind blower mother, such a shame she died young.”

 

Jessica flinched when her mother is mentioned. She felt a familiar pain in her chest she was about to snap at the minister when she felt Taeyeon hands over her.  She looked at her briefly and she was able to calm down.

 

“So can you tell me about yourself? I’m curious if you take more of your mother or your father” The man was now sitting with his crossed legs and his arms resting on the arm rest as his long hands cradled his face.

 

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked.

 

“What’s your talent?” The man asked as he lifts his other hand and showed blue current crawled from his arm.  “Are you a water bearer like your father? You see your parents was rather selfish and the council didn’t approve of their union.. Do you know that?”

 

“They didn’t do anything wrong, they love each other” Jessica answered back.

 

“I’m not picking a fight with you Sooyeon I’m just telling a good story… why so defensive?”

 

Jessica gritted her teeth.. She felt Taeyeon tighten her grip.

 

“I always adore your aloof yet beautiful mother just imagine our surprise when she decided to be the mate of Jung Ilwoo... he is such a free spirit for an old blood. Don’t you agree Sooyeon?” The man asked again.

 

Jessica didn’t answer; she doesn’t want to give rude remarks. It will not be taken lightly by the council. Instead she just looks at the ground trying to avoid the gaze of the minister.

 

But before she knows it she was already standing and the man was already in front of her holding her arms. This alerted Taeyeon and the ground end up shaking. Her golden eyes were looking furiously to the man.

 

‘We are in trouble’ Jessica thought and gave a mental sigh, Taeyeon was very protective of their coven and they all love her for that.

 

“Get you hands of her!” Taeyeon lifted her hand and fist size rock appeared on her hand.

 

“Taeyeon don’t”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter