CHAINED

Who Lives in the Mystic Abbey?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
1918. Commotion was heard all over the hollowed hall, everyone was talking at the same time … it’s a wonder if they can really hear each other. Pale faces was everywhere most of them were wearing expensive clothing. Everyone were standing tall with the air of sick arrogance and for a proud kind that they are, no one will let anyone to outshine them in anyway.

 

“SILENCE!” A loud voice echoed on the four stone walls of the ballroom, and everyone immediately shut their proud mouths, no one dares to speak. The air was automatically filled with unexplainable tension the atmosphere became heavier. Twelve people in a black cloak marched in the center of the hall and sat on the twelve massive chairs surrounding a long rectangular table. The entire crowed step backed to gave them space.   “The Council meeting will start now” A young man on the farthest end of the table announces. All of the cloaked people lowered their hoods, revealing twelve young beautiful faces.  But no one is fooled, because all of them knew that each of those delicate looking people can kill them all without even lifting a finger. It’s a truth from the very beginning and it’s the very reason why they respect them out of fear.   ++   “At last.. How long can we possibly wait?” An eighteen years old girl said while glancing at the scene below them, her father was a part of the cloaked people.  She absent mindedly sipped the thick red fluid on her crystal glass. The metallic taste gave her comfort for a moment… this gathering made her really anxious.   “Lady Taeyeon , please be seated” A young man bowed to the younger girl.   Taeyeon just look at him with a blank expression. “I want to listen to the council” She crossed her arms in front of her and looks at the couch “Do you expect me to sit with toddlers?”  She shot the man with a glare, she almost laughed when she saw him lose his balance due to fear.   “I want to get out here!”  A four year old girl said perfectly as she stomped, she was wearing a traditional silk kimono.   “L-lady Sooyoung..Please calm down” The man immediately attend to the child, but the child starts to scream.   “I WANT TO GO OUT!!!”  Little Sooyoung yelled and starts to kick the guy.   Taeyeon rolled her eyes; one more night with this loud kid and she swear she will do something to make her silenced forever.  Her father will be mad at her again if that will be the case, she might be the reason of another war again.   “Lady Sooyoung, you can’t go out its dangerous.” The young man pleaded, that’s the only thing he can do anyway but the kid didn’t snap out of her tantrum.   “I HATE YOU!” Sooyoung’s voice was so loud that it can be heard below. The little girl kicked the man’s knees hardly which made him kneel in pain, but it didn’t stop there the child’s eyes turned to crimson red and tiny flames appear in the mid air.   Taeyeon drink the rest of the of the liquid quickly when she saw that. She wants to curse but instead she walked towards the child. “Stop that!” Taeyeon look down.   Sooyoung filled her cheeks with air as she looked back at Taeyeon.   Taeyeon gritted her teeth, when she noticed that the small flames in the air turned into balls of fire. “Are you trying to burn us all?”  Taeyeon’s eyes turned to golden yellow… She grabs the fist of the little girl. “Don’t mess with me.. You’ll regret it kid”    “L-lady Taeyeon” The poor man called with frightened voice, scared of what she will do to the kid.   Slowly the temperature on the room began to drop, and frost suddenly covered the whole room.   ‘Great the other baby was wakened’ Taeyeon closed her eyes to suppress her anger. The balls of fires disappeared but it was replaced by snow falling from nowhere.    The sleeping child in sparkling white hanbok rubs her light blue eyes and innocently looks at the people around her.  The little girl stared at Taeyeon and Sooyoung particularly.   Taeyeon let go of pouting Sooyoung who immediately run and hugged the newly awakened girl.  “Sooyeon stop this now”  Taeyeon ordered the little girl sternly.   “But it’s hot….” The girl muttered.   Taeyeon brushed her face with her hands due to frustration. ‘What did I do to deserve this?!’ She silently blaming her father for bringing her in this place, now she’s stuck with these two children.   “It’s not anymore, cut that out”   Sooyeon’s eyes turned to dark brown, the frost disappeared just as quickly.   Taeyeon sighed; at least one of them is reasonable.   “Sooyeon I want to go out” Sooyoung nudge the other four year old.   Sooyeon looks at Sooyoung and then turned to Taeyeon, who still looks irritated with the other toddler. “Unnie…. Can we?” little sooyeon asked timidly.   Taeyeon was taken aback, it’s the first time the daughter of Jung clan spoke and the little one call her ‘Unnie’ which is rare for any old bloods, they all treat each other as equals regardless of age. Taeyeon snapped out when she realized the two children was still looking up to her. She cleared and answer. “You can’t” she said coldly to the child.   “Yah! That girl is mean” Sooyoung glared at her again with her eyes showing signs of changing color again.   Taeyeon was about to slap the latter to make her stop, but Sooyeon hugs  Sooyoung to calm her down.  Taeyeon stopped as the two young vampires look at her… Sooyoung with obvious distaste and Sooyeon who looks concerned. She don’t like the way they look at her, as if they are waiting… expecting something from her.. They are not her responsibility.     ++++++++   Taeyeon opened her closed eyes in cold sweat… breathing heavily.     “Taeyeon!” She heared a familiar voice on her side and she found Sunny.   “Where is Sooyoung?” She immediately asked her cousin as soon as she was able to speak. A flashback of blood drenched Sooyoung hit her.   “She is fine … She is healed” Sunny said.   “I want to see her.” Taeyeon rose from her bed and sprinted to Sooyoung’s room in a speed of light, but the girl was not there.   “It’s not Sooyoung who needs attention now…” Sunny muttered which made the elder vampire turned her way. “Follow me” Sunny just said as she lead taeyeon downstairs. They found the three other vampires sitting silently; all of them are have a troubled expression.  The youngest Krsytal looks so tired with tear stain visible on her paled cheeks.   “W-what’s happening here…”Taeyeon asked in no one in particular.   “We were attacked three days ago… you lost your mental consciousness” Sunny walked pass her and sat beside Amber.     “I was shot” Sooyoung look up to Taeyeon. “Sunny get this bullet from me.” She put a vial containing a shiny silver bullet. “It was from a hunter” She added as she curled her hands into a fist.   “The hunter is my human brother” Amber said hanging her head low.   Krystal burst into tears and quickly get up from her seat and run.. But Taeyeon caught her arm and prevent her from leaving, which made the half blood cry even more.   “W-Where is Jessica?” Taeyeon asked as she roam her eyes to the others, her heart beats fast.. She felt scared as she watched the pained expression of everyone.   “Jessica… saved us. She gave an absolute order to Amber to put us to safety at all cost” Sooyoung choked as she talks.   “I’m asking where she is!”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter