SISTER

Who Lives in the Mystic Abbey?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal was looking outside the window of the old hotel room where they currently staying in. snow fall seems to be endless, it used to calm her down...

 

She used to love the winter it gave her a sense of peace, her fondest childhood memories were always made with a thick blanket of snow and her sister playing with her as she makes snow angels and disfigured snow man.

 

They always skate in the ice rink near the church and she will spend half of the day chasing her Jessica unnie in the ice. She loves it a lot, for a child… her sense of thrill comes from watching the back of her sister as she trying to catch her, she always like the ethereal glow of blonde swaying in the air. Jessica unnie always pretend to be running away, but the truth is.. She’s been waiting for her to reach her so that she cushions her fall.

 

Krystal smiled bitterly as she leaned her head to the window..”Unnie..” she muttered as she looks down on the sparkling charms in her wrist. “Please… come back to me..” tears start to roll down her face. She missed her sister so badly..

 

 

***

A seven year old girl was crying as she clutched the arm strap of her backpack tightly.  She was standing all alone in the playground watching the other kids play; she was never included on their games, they don’t want to play with her. The other kids, they were just looking at her and whisper among themselves… even if she couldn’t hear what they’re saying she knew that they were talking about her.

 

She doesn’t have any friend, maybe because they know that she is different.. She hates it.

 

Krystal was still crying silently when she felt a hand on her shoulder, the little girl look up and saw a blonde woman looking so worried about her. “Why are you crying Krystal?” Her Jessica unnie asked as she brushed her tears away.

 

“Are you hurt?” Jessica asked worriedly to the little girl.

 

Krystal just shook her head slightly; Jessica could only sigh as hold her sister’s little hands and starts to walk out of the school playground.

 

Their house is just few blocks away from Krystal’s school, the sisters will always walk hand in hand in this street during the morning going to  Krystal’s school and in the afternoon when Jessica pick up her sister to go home.  

 

“You should be happy Krys, your Sooyoung unnie brought you toys from Japan… she just arrived earlier are you excited to see her?” Jessica smiled excitedly to her little sister who was still wearing a sad face.

 

“Why am I different unnie? Why am I not like you and Sooyoung  unnie? Why am I different from my class mates?” Krystal asked as she halt and looks up to her with her teary eyes again.

 

Jessica felt her heart tightens as she looks at the little one, not really knowing how to answer the question.  Krystal is always been a calm and a bright child, even as a baby she rarely cries. But since she started going to school full of human kids, Krystal had been very lonely. But who can blame her? She’s old enough to see her difference to the people that surround her and her difference with her own family.

 

Sometimes she wants to hate her father for putting the innocent kid in this situation. Krystal is not really a vampire yet she is not a complete human as well. Sooyoung and her could only do so much for their maknae, but there is no preventing her seeing the reality.. And like they thought Krystal is getting hurt.

 

 Jessica smiled and pats the little girls head “Krystal.. Is like no other, because Krystal is special”

 

“I don’t want to be special unnie.” The lips of the little girl quiver.

 

Jessica was silenced for a minute just looking at the seven year old; she kneeled in front of her sister as she puts her hands in her little shoulder. “Being special is not a bad thing maknae.. Here let me show you something..

 

Krystal look at her big sister curiously as Jessica rolled her sleeves and reveal a bracelet full of crystal charms sparkling against the afternoon sun.

 

“It’s pretty right?” Jessica asked the kid as she unlocks the jewelry in her wrist. “Do you know that you are named after these?  They are called crystals.”

 

The little girl looks at her sister in awe, but her eyes were still teary.

 

Jessica smiled as she gently lifts her sister’s hand and put the charm bracelet on her. “Do you know these stones were not that easy to find? Most people want it but not all can have it. That’s what makes it special like Krystal.”

 

The little girl looks at the sparkling stones in her wrist.

 

“Don’t be sad if you’re not like me or your classmates… You are born to be one of a kind.  That makes you more precious and more lovable. You know how much I love you, right?” Jessica asked as she cupped Krystal’s face.

 

Krystal nods as she tear up again.. “Unnie loves Krystal very much” she mumbled.

 

“Smart girl” Jessica gently pinch her sister’s nose. “As you grow up you will meet a lot of friends that will love you as much as I do because you are special..  you just have  be patient.”

 

“Really?” The little girl’s eyes twinkled.

 

“Yes! So don’t be sad anymore, okay? Because when Krystal cries, Unnie wants to cry too..” Jessica gave a fake frown to her sister.

 

“Unnie don’t cry!” Krystal hugs her sister in panic. “I won’t cry anymore!”

 

“Arraso..’ Jessica smiled as she softly pats the little girl’s back. . “Let’s go home now… Sooyoung bought you chocolates and mangoes.. You like that right?” she said as she stood and held Krystal hand again.

 

Krystal smiled more brightly and nodded.. “Yes!”

 

“Let’s go! before Sooyoung finish all the food she bought for you, you know that shikshin.”

 

Jessica and Krystal continue to walk after older playfully mess her sisters hair.

 

“Unnie!” the seven year old called again.

 

“Neh?” the blonde looks down.

 

“I love you!” the kid hugged her sister’s waist as they walk.

 

Jessica laughed. “Aigoo..  I love you too maknae..” she said as she looks ahead.

 

Krystal contentedly smile as she continued to look up at her older sister, she hold her sister tighter as she snuggle on her side and close her eyes.. ‘I’m fine… as long as Jessica unnie is with me.’ the little girl thought as she enjoys her sister’s warmth, she opened her eyes and bits of snow starts to fall gently from the sky.

 

**

 

Krystal’s chest feels like it was going to explode as she looks at the piece of jewelry sparkling brightly in her hands, she felt sick to think that the only time she can be with Jessica will just be in her memories. 

 

This is the longest time that she spent without her older sister, and it’s killing her..  She was scared, what if she won’t see her sister forever? What will happen to her?

 

“Krystal.. You need to rest even for a little bit.” She heard a concerned voice coming from her side. And like a catalyst her body reacts almost immediately..  in ablink of an eyes her loneliness was replaced by anger.

 

The half blood harshly turned her head and met the sad eyes of Amber looking at her, she glared.. “Get out!”

 

The young man looked at her with throne expression.  “I will but—“

 

“I said get out! I don’t want to see your face!” Krystal hissed as she stands up and pushed the man.

 

“Krystal I’m sorry!” Amber guiltily pleads to the angered half blood, right now he is willing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter