In the Lion's Den

The Houses of Agape and Polemos

I woke up to a numbing, dying pain in my leg, shoulder, chest and knees.

A steady stream of sunlight bouncing off my face, the sound of birds, the rushing of waters. And the sound of soft, light breathing. I opened my eyes wider and rubbed them and saw a girl, not that tall and she looked a little more younger than me. Suzy.

She was holding a book in her hands and on the cover were greek words written in it. It looked greek. She looked up from her book and smiled. She got up from the window side chair and walked over to my bed and sat beside me.

Suzy: Anyeong unnie.. You're up..

I looked at her and was kinda shocked. I forgot everything that's happened. Where am I? I could remember who she is but, who's sister was she again? What is this place? I even almost forgot my name. And as if reading my mind she answered a coupled of my question.

Suzy: You're in our house, guest room. You're healing and well.. Do you remember anything from last night?

Oh yeah.. Last night? What happened again? I looked at her with a bit of confusion and then down as I tried to recall and recollect my thoughts and the events of last night. There was an attack, by someone I don't know. I was chased down by.. Jaebeom? Yeah.. to the Han Ri-

Suzy: Unnie?

She snapped me out of my train of thoughts as I looked up at her and then she smiled.

Suzy: It's okay.. Not everyone remembers  everything's that happened when they fall from a mile high drop.

She said as if it was nothing. And yeah I remember some now. 

Yoona: Uhh..

I groaned and touched my head and felt the pounding in it. It felt like my head's beaing jack hammered by seventy men. My chest felt like it's being stampeded by a hundred wildebeasts.

Suzy: Easy unnie..

Oh and I remember.. Where are the Furies.

Yoona: You- You don't want to kill me?

I said as I tried to sit up from the bed. I looked down and I saw that I was perfectly dressed in a white shirt and jogging pants. I looked at her as she smiled at me. Wow, her smile feels creepy. I kinda miss her scowls.

Suzy: You don't remember up to that point huh?

She said as she sighed and said.

Suzy: Well can you tell how much do you remember unnie?

I nodded and coughed a little and said.

Yoona: I remember.. An attack by someone..

I felt my head throb again.

Yoona: ..and Jay.. your oppa.. he wanted to kill me after Taecyeon saved me.. OHMAYGAHD! Taecyeon-

I stood up immediately but fell just as fast to the floor as my knees buckled. I looked around and tried to grab onto something as my vision blurred. Suzy held me by my elbows and helped me stand up.

Suzy: Easy there unnie..

She said and smiled at me. She helped me and propped me up on a wall but I slid down to the floor. I didn't know how much I weighed but Suzy couldn't help me by herself. And just as I thought that the guest room door opened and In came walking a guy with platinum blonde hair.

Wooyoung came in with a tray of breakfast. He looked at me and then at Suzy and set the tray of breakfast on a bedside table and walked up to help me sit on the bed again. Good thing he came, the pain started to crawl down my .

Wooyoung: Aish Suzy-ah..

He said massaging his temples.

Wooyoung: Didn't we say that you should call us when she wakes up..

He said to Suzy and then he looked at me as Suzy went back to sit beside me. 

Wooyoung: And you.. Noona, should be on the bed. And oh yeah-

He said as he bowed and said.

Wooyoung: Mianhaeyo noona. Uhh.. For trying to kill you back then. And if you still don't remember much.. It's because of the Furies.

Well I could forgive them now, now that my mind's not clouded by screams, cries and wails of three ghostly ladies. And then he looked behind him and then back at me suspiciously.

Wooyoung: You don't see them anymore do you?

He said. It was a sad attempt at a joke. I wanted to laugh out of courtesy but the last time I laughed it felt like a needle or a thousand needles were piercing my lungs.

Wooyoung: Anyway.. Do you remember anything from last night?

Suzy: Neh unnie.. What's the last thing you remember? You can tell us the story as I try to heal you from behind.

She said as she pulled up my shirt from behind and put hands on my back. The warm fuzy feeling suddenly shocked me and then she said.

Suzy: Don't worry Unnie.. The intense heat last night was because you wer fresh from injuries now you're healing. Oh and you can go on with your story now.

She talked to me and looked at me from the mirror behind Wooyoung. He looked at me as if he was examining me. Well, I don't remember much. Not much detail. But I'll try. I wanted to ask Taecyeon myself but I guess I can't at the moment. I have to heal for a while. I want to see him. I want to be with him. He owes me so much answers. 

Yoona: Well I remember the mugger..

I said as Suzy leaned into Wooyoung's ear and whispered something. I didn't mind as Wooyoung nodded to what Suzy was whispering to her oppa. Then she set her hands on my back again and said.

Suzy: Continue unnie..

I looked at her and on her face is plastered the look of anticipation. And then I looked at Wooyoung who had a serious and stern face on. He rested his chin on his crossed hands and sat quietly wanting to listen to my story.

Yoona: Taecyeon saved me.. And then after that I ran for well the Han River but he chased me there.. Jay.. your brother.

They nodded and beckoned me to continue.

Yoona: ..And well I started to buckle and then I tried to jump and then I flew.. Crazy right?

I asked them trying to joke with a nervous laugh. But well they treated it like they see someone normal fly all day. Then I realized Taecyeon had been flying when he caught me mid-drop.

Yoona: Anyways.. As I flew I thought of how I could fly and how to and then I fell. I was tackled mid-air and then next thing was well..

I was at a loss for words. I couldn't come to say about Taecyeon and I's sunrise date. Date? HAH! No. Well was it? Anyway I tried to continue with my story but I heard heavy footsteps.

Wooyoung: What was that?

Suzy: oppa!

She jumped off the bed as Wooyoung asked what was going on. Suzy ran out the door and Wooyoung followed. But before he could reach the door he turned to me and said.

Wooyoung: Staye here noona.. I'll go check.. a

He went outside and yelled.

Wooyoung; Hyung!

He shouted as heavy footsteps followed him too. Then came other inaudible voices. Suzy's voice and what she was saying were the only words I could make out. She said something about her oppa being crazy and what to do with.. someon. At that I fell nervous. Haven't the Furies left ye-

The sounds of singing women filled my ears and compelled me to go out. I took my foot on the floor and put weight on it. The pain was unbearable but I know what's my reward if I do this. I took my other foot out of the bed and then I stood up. My knees buckled again.

I fell face first on the wooden floors but no one came to help. I tried to get up bbet decided to crawl to the door. As I had reached the door I put my hand on the knob and used it as a support to get up. I stood up with all my might and with sweat dripping down from my chest down to my waist. I didn't mind. I opened it.

So far so good.

I turned the knob and the sight of Minjun, Jia, Junho and Chansung forming a defensive line on my doors stopped me in my tracks. Good thing too cause I couldn't come to carry myself with my feet anymore.

I looked over from behind them on their shoulders and saw Jay, Wooyoung, Lee Joon and the twins trying to tackle someone. But this someone was fast and musular. Then Jia looked behind me as I cleared my throat. Everyone stopped.

It looked like we're a movie and we've been paused.

Jia: Yah! Everyone hajima!

She shouted and pushed her siblings to get off the door's way. As she pushed her brothers to make me a gap enough to get past their defensive line. I saw him. He's topless and his shoulders, arms, and his waist is in bandages. His right foot in a cast and he's holding up a cane. His siblings that were trying to tackle him lowered their hands and then looked at me and then back at him.

He looked at me examining me and frowning. I don't know which is which cause of the fluttering in my stomach and the thumping in my chest.

I walked and the pain came again. It stung. As I took step after step towards him I started to feel my feet numb and buckle. But he caught me as I had  reached him. He held me in his arms and looked me in the eyes and smiled and said.

Taecyeon: I got you..

 

TO BE CONTINUED...