This Romantic Tragedy: What the Fox?

The Houses of Agape and Polemos

I stood in the middle of the throne room as Dad's body lay atop a pyre over the heath of the throne room. We opened up the night sky view to let out the smoke. I held a torch in my right hand and raised it as Yoona held my left hand. Mom still mourned near Dad's body. She put a coin on each eye and cried her last drops of tears. He tears that were so precious I didn't want to see them again.

Taecyeon: Fare well, father.

I dropped the torch under his pyre and the hearth instantly burned. The fires of Hestia his body slowly and consumed him. I looked on and tried hard to cry but nothing came out. My body rejected showing weakness now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, Liontari Manor

10:00 am

Yoona: What do we tell them?

It was just after breakfast. We had to go to the home now, we should explain everything to her parents now. I fixed a scarf over her neck just to cover from the cold. She looked at me with her blonde lock tied up in a pony tail. I looked at her and smiled.

Taecyeon: Don't worry, your parents will love me.

I started to open the door and she followed me outside as she called on my siblings.

Yoona: We're going now!

She shouted and then followed me outside completely.

Yoona: But.. What do we tell them really? Should we tell them?

She asked as I opened the door of my car for her and she rode in. I walked over the front and walked into the driver's seat. I looked at her and put on her seat belt and kissed her on the lips.

Taecyeon: Don't be nervous Yoong.

I said reassuring her. I kissed her again as the lock on her seatbelt clicked. Our kiss grew more passionate and intense it took me a full minute to pull away and hear Chansung walk near our car with his hands over his mouth, Mir with his hands on his ears and Junho with his hands on his mouth.

Chansung: I saw nothing.

Mir: I hear nothing! LALALALALA.

Junho looked at us and swayed his head form side to side. I looked at Yoona and we both laughed. I started the engine and then she held my hand. She looked at me and smiled at me.

Yoona: Taecyeon, I'm afraid for my parents.

We peeled off the driveway of our property and headed out into the city. I looked back at Yoona and said. Shifting my eyes from her and the road.

Taecyeon: You worry too much baby.

I said kissing her hand. Good thing I didn't choose to drive a manual car today. I held her hand and kissed it and held it close to me. I looked at her again and said.

Taecyeon: The sooner they know, the sooner they'd be aware. The sooner you move in with us, the sooner they'll be out of danger.

Yoona; But.. they're not my real parents aren't they.

She said letting go of my hand and she looked down. I held her chin and made her look at me.

Taecyeon: Hey, hey..

I said and looked at the road and then back at her again.

Taecyeon: ..they would be well protected Yoona.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived in front of their house to see three cars parked. I saw the familiar truck Yoona's parents usually use for the bake shop and for travel, the same truck she used to visit us that one time. But the two other black Dodge Rams didn't make sense. I opened my door and held out a hand as if to stop her from walking out my car.

Taecyeon: Stay here Yoong..

I said and walked out. I came near the house and saw that there were lights inside it. I looked over at the window and saw that the house was packed with people. There were two men standing near the door, three women sat on the sofa and on different couches sat Yoona's "parents."

I looked back at Yoona and she held her seatbelt at the edge of her seat. She looked at me and mouthed the words.

Yoona: Gwenchana?

She asked, I ducked and slid to the side of their window. I gave her a thumbs up and then tried to listen to their conversation. But I heard nothing. Maybe it was because they weren't saying anything. But they're mouths were moving. What? Then a girl came into my view and looked at me directly into my eyes.

She looked young but not really. Maybe a year younger than me. She had big eyes that were clear, fox-like eyes like.. I looked back and saw Yoona getting out of my car. The girl I saw was still looking at me and then her eyes glowed. She's using a Talent on me. Talents are what we cal our demigod abilities. Like me I have the talent to bend the light and produce fire. This certain demigod has the talent to block out the sounds from being heard by humans and demigods alike.

Then from behind her was another girl with, her face was draped with black locks and a towering height. She looked at me and I flew back in an instant. Her eyes glowed red and then that got the attention of all those inside. I was sprawled on the floor. One man, the man with squinty eyes and a lot of piercings put a boot on my chest. From behind I heard footsteps.

Yoona: Stop!

She ran to me. She pushed the guy with the boot on my chest far back that he landed on their garage door. She held my head and cradled it in her lap. In front of us were 9 people plus the guy that lay unconscious on the dented garage door. One oozed the feel of a leader and a mother. She wasn't that tall but she's taller than the girl beside her. To her left was another girl that looked like she was really bored with life and an icy expression mixed together.

To that girl's left was another girl with short hair but she looked really serious. Another girl with an eye smile, smiled at me with dread and anger. She looked like she would be a good friend but now she's a great enemy. Another man with short black hair that was tall looked at me like he wanted to rip out my throat. Another girl that had long legs stood beside that man like they were twins. She looked at me like she wanted to burn me alive or skin me then rub me with salt.

The funny thing is, I don't hear the Furies behind them though I'm pretty sure they're from another house based on their unusual talents. The leader, the small more like petite woman walked closer. Yoona stood up and then blocked me from their view. She held out a hand to them like she could produce a fireball and burn them where they are.

Yoona: Don't come any closer..

From behind the 9 stood her parents, both were crying and in shock. Yoona's expression softened and her guard on me faltered. The woman, the leader stepped closer and held out a hand to Yoona like she was something she lost and had found. She took another step and then Yoona's first talent had appeared. She produced something that smelled like ozone in her hands. Lightning.

The leader stood back but the eight smiled at Yoona. Yoona was shaking everywhere. I could see it from down here. I stood up and held her hands absorbing the lightning and burning it into fire.

Taecyeon: Yoona..

She shook everywhere and then I hugged her and she hugged me back. She looked at me in the eyes and I then I spoke up again.

Taecyeon: ..I think we should give these people..

I let go of her and then walked over closer to the 9 people and Yoona's parents. I held out a hand to their leader. She looked at it and then shook it. I introduced myself.

Taecyeon: Fourth Son of Park Jihoon and Patriarch, Liontari Panthera Vasilias..

THe leader continued what I was about to say.

Taeyeon: Familia Exousia..

She took a step closer and then she was face to face with Yoona. She looked at her and scanned her. Yoona hid behind me. Her parent behind the eight cried still. I was sorry for them. I think they know now. The leader stood face to face with me and then said.

Taeyeon: ..the family in power.. Let me introduce me and my children.

Her children stood beside her with her in the center. She held out a hand and said.

Taeyeon: I am Ahn Taeyeon, Matriarch of the Agapao Agrios Vulpes, and you..

She looked behind me. Yoona was looking at her parent and her parents were trying to smile at her even though I could see that it was really difficult for her. Then the leader, Taeyeon spoke again.

Taeyeon: ..have my daughter.