Just a New Girl

The Houses of Agape and Polemos

I woke up to the startling sounds of an animal snoring. It sounded like someone was slaughtering a Lion and the lion had some kind of throat problem. I groaned and realized it was a school day. Another school day for the Lions. Yes, we're lions. Well not literally. We're the last family of a royal house descended from a deity of no exact nationality shifting from country to country back then. 

We're called the Liontari Panther Vasilias, the Greatest of Felines the Lions who are the Kings, the Family in Power, the Familia Exousia. And this particular lion is the 3rd eldest of the male lions. 

I looked to my right and the clock said 7:00 am, flashing red lights, blinking angirly at me. Time to get up I guess. I kicked down the covers with my feet and rubbed my eyes. I suinted a bit and stpped for a while and listened.

Nope nothing. The cubs must've gone downstairs already but I could hear the sound of snoring meaning I still got to wake up the older Lions. I got up from my bed and stood up, I listened to the wall of my bedroom northside. Snoring and teethe gnashing. Yep, Minjun hyung and Wooyoung still sleeping. Then I trudged to the southside of the room and listened. Snoring and a medium fart. Aish, Jaebeom hyung still sleeping too. Better get ready before I wake up.

I walked to the bathroom and washed up. As I went outside picked out clothes for the school day. I walked out and got dressed with a black boxer, black jeans, a plain white v-neck shirt and a black jacket. It didn't look so good for me but hey, it'll work for the day right?

I got my iPhone from the dock and looked at. It was fully charged. I got my messenger bag from my desk and walked outside. The hallway of our quarters were tightly closed in together. In front of me was Lee Joon, the fourth liontari shared his room with three young lions Mir, Junho and Chansung. The twins, Jin Young who we called Jr. and Jaebeom who was aptly named after our eldest who we nicknamed as JB got a room for only them. I knocked on the door and shouted.

Taecyeon: Joonie yah! Wake up!

From behind the door he shouted back. The sound of a steaming hot shower in the background of his voice.

Joon: I'm in the shower now! Go wake the other hyungs up.

Taecyeon: Cha.. Arassoo.. Go get dressed palli palli..

I walked to Jaebeom hyung's room and opened it.

Taecyeon: Hyung, you'll be late for your first class.

He got up immediately after he had looked at the time. He ran to his bathroom and came out with wet hair and a minty smell that flooded the air. He ran to his dresser and picked out a plain white shirt and a red plaid flannel shirt.

Jay: Go wake up the others Thanks for waking me up man.

I the ball of my feet and out his room and knocked furiously on the heaviest sleepers in the household. Woooyoung and Minjun hyung. I knocked again about three times and almost broke down their doors.

Taecyeon: Wooyoung-ah! Minjun hyung! Wake up.

Wooyoung answered the door already dressed up. Minjun hyung just ran to the still open shower as Wooyoung smiled at me and greeted then walked out their room and proceeded to go downstairs and have breakfast.

That was it. I've waked up all of them. I started to proceed downstairs and was greeted by the smell of bacon, waffles and freshly sueezed orange juice. Umma must've prepared the breakfast again. Though she's the ueen of the household, she loves to prepare the food for us. I walked into our massive dining room and there seated on the longest long table you could ever see were my younger siblings.

Lion cubs, we liked to call them.

Suzy: Ah oppa! Let's eat already, you're driving me to school. I have to be early today.

Umma smiled at me as she set another plateful of bacon on the table.

Hyori: Sit down and eat son. Have you called on your brothers to get ready too? You Lions might get tardy again.

Taecyeon: Neh umma... Suzy-ah.. Why'd you have to be so early?

I looked at her. She wore a black-sleeved white shirt and a skirt that went way down past her knees but not long enough to pass her an kles. I picked up some waffles and bacon and started to eat. Appa, Park Jihoon, the owner of all the Lion Park Hotels all over the world and the 2nd richst man in both the North and South Korea and also the Patriarch of this House, sat at the end of the table was reading his morning newspapers and was cooling down his coffee.

To his left sat Suzy and to his right sat Jia, only another one of our five sisters. Yeeun, who had graduated early and had gone to college early is in Canada managing one of the Hotels and Fei noon and Yubin noona who were also in China and Los Angeles respectively doing the same job.

Suzy: Caaaaauuuuuse.

She said and I looked at her waiting for her perfect explanation.

Suzy: I got late theree times this week already and another tardy would count as an absence for the day. Still wanna argue oppa?

She smiled at me with that smug look of hers. But I had to admit, that WAS a pretty good explanation. I stood up and didn't finish my food. I called on umma and told her we had to go to school already.

Hyori: Okay, I'll pick you guys up from school today. I don't want you guys to be late for dinner again. Football practice or not.

I kissed her on the cheek and so did Suzy as she shouldered her bag.

Taecyeon: Okay umma. Let's go lion cub.

Taeyeng waited for us at the door and said.

Taeyang: Shall we go now Miss Park?

Suzy looked at Taeyang and he gave her a warm smile. He's Suzy's bodyguard, driver and chauperone. I looked at Taeyang and nodded no and then I said.

Taecyeon: Nope. I'm taking her to school today Taeyang.

I was about to head on out the door with Suzy but was called by 5 lion cubs. I looked back and saw Junho, Chansung, Mir and the twins call on me with big eyes and mouths still full. Chansung was still holding a piece of bacon even. Before I could speak up he ate the piece of bacon even though his mouth was still full of waffles.

Taecyeon: Bwoya?

Mir: We need a ride too hyung.

I looked at Mir. He was doing his signature annoying aegyo. His eyeglasses even falling from the bridge of his nose. I looked at him and the smile on my face fell.

Taecyeon: The five of you?

He nodded. Then the rest of the cubs followed suit. Chansung's eyes didn't hold any emotion. It was kinda funny but I didn't laugh though. I looked at the twins who were trying to fix each other up.

Taecyeon: Anniyo. Anyeong.

I started to walk down the steps and Suzy followed suit.

Mir: But hyung we'll be late for school and we'll get an absence on our record if we get tardy for the third time again.

Mir made an argueable yet still debateable point. He looked at me and a face of defeat grew on my face. He walked past me and then opened my car door as out butler, Jiyong had brought it up front.

Jiyong: Here's your keys hyung.

He handed it to me as Mir walked past me.

Taecyeon: But you'll get waffle crumbs and-

Junho: KEKEKE. Same reason hyung. You wouldn't want umma to know about this right?

He walked past me and sat in the middle seat. Chansung also walked past me and headed to my car.

Chansung: Copy and paste hyung. kekeke.

Taecyeon: and Bacon grease and-

Suzy started to go up front on the passenger's seat. Thee twins walked past me and then rode the back of the car.

Taecyeon: and... aigoooooooooo...

Jr nodded his head sideways and patted me on the shoulder. Then his twin said.

JB: Aigoo hyungnim. Mianhaeyo. But we just gotta be early with you this time.

I walked up front on the driver's side door and went in. I started the engine and we drove off to school. I know that my arguement with the cubs wouldn't give me a score against them but I tried though. Plus, why'd they think I get the 8 seater car for? 

We drove into campus after a fifteen minute drive. As I was getting down and so were the cubs. Suzy ran inside the building for freshmen and sophomores. The twins and Mir ran to that direction too. Then Minjun and Wooyoung pulled up and parked beside me with their black lamborghini.

Jay was also driving in with his yellow ducati. Lee Joon drove in too with his Ford Ranger. They both parked on the opposite side of Minjun and I' parking spots. Wooyoung rode with Minjun hyung and Lee Joon and Jia rode together. 

Jia: Hey oppa.

She walked out Lee Joon's car and greeted me with his pleasant smiles. I greeted him back and looked at Jay who was taking off his helmet. Minjun, Jia and Wooyoung just finished parking and closed their doors.

Jia: Chansung-ah. Let's go.

Chansung, Junho, Wooyoung and Jia are all Juniors while the rest of us are Seniors. 

Taecyeon: Alright hyungs let's go to class.

Junho and the other siblings who were with him in his class ran to the juniors' building and heade straight to class. We were walking into the building, Jay, Minjun, Lee Joon and I, just in time as the bell had rang. We dropped off some things at our lockers and ran to our classes. It was a normal school day for us. 

Our last period ended and we headed onto our lockers after this we wold head onto the field for football practice. We were getting noisy again. Well we couldn't help it. You could say we were the popular gang around here. We met up with our friends Doojoon, Gikwang, Suengho and Jinwoon. We were all talking about the upcoming football game against the Incheon High Centurions. 

Doojoon: Aww guys. I think we need to practice more.

He rested his body on a locker next to mine as I was putting in some books and taking in some to my bag. Then on the other side lined also with lockers were Jay and Minjun who were putting in books of their own. Lee Joon had just closed his locker and said.

Joon: Yeah, but they ain't gonna stand a chance agains us Demigods right?

Jinwoon and Gikwang agreed with what he said and then the other lions started to say somethings of their own but I saw a glimpse of someone. A girl maybe? She wasn't a familiar face. She must be a new girl. But she wasn't just any new girl. As she had passed the horizontal hallway that made across with our lined lockers.

I heard three high-pitched voice. The Furies. Father had warned us about them. He said that the Furies would appear if we were to meet with another House. Except there was only two left. Our house and the Wolves' who are in life-debt to us lifting the bloodlust on both our houses.

The voices beckoned me to run towards the girl. The fates told me to "kill the fox." I really didn't know what the Furies meant. I ran to the other hall and rounded the corner and turned left. She was putting in books of her own. When I took another step, my eyes full of madness and anger, I was clouded by the bloodlust called upon by the Furies whenever the houses meet. The Furies were around her circling her. I heard them say.

Fates: Necare de Vulpe!(Kill the Fox)

Some of her blonde hair fell off the white hoodie she wore that concealed her face. My eyes grew large and I balled my fists. I did not know what I'm doing and I am not aware of my actions. i did not want to do this. This is one of the fears I have. To meet a house and uncontrollably have the urge to kill with my hands. I wanted to rip out .

She turned around and she had her eyes big too. She must've felt the aura I had been sending off. The hall turned hot a little and the sun shined strangely stronger and brighter inside the classroom windows. She took off her hoodie and ran towards me and I ran for her too. As she ran she lifted a hand in the air and as I had focused on her face I stopped mid-run and caught her punch towards me with one hand. I locked it under my arm.

She lifted another fist and I let go of the other arm and caught both her arms in my hands and I head butted her. Both of us were knocked to the ground. Then she sat up and then the other guys were running from the other hall. I closed my eyes to avoid seeing her.

This was one of the tricks our ancestors used to avoid the bloodlust. The guys were running shouting for me. But before they could reach the corner I shouted at them.

Taecyeon: Close your eyes. Don't come here.

As they rounded the cornern the guys tried to attack but I stood up and felt the surroundings. I pushed them back into the arms of Seungho, who've just arrived, Gikwang, Doojoon and Jinwoon. They took the guys away and Principal Cho came out of the office which is in the middle of the hall.

Kyuhyun: What on earth is going on here? Park Taecyeon?!

He looked at me and I looked at him. Yoona looked at me and I looked at her. The Furies were gone. Well for the mean time. 

Kyuhyun: Miss Im not you too? Park to my office. Now.

Taecyeon: Yes sir.

I stood up and walkd over to Yoona who was still on the floor. I took my bag and dusted my clothes off and then I held out a hand to her. She looked at me shocked and confused and I'm pretty sure she was clueless of what happened. But I'm not. She's a Fox. Agape Agrios Vulpes. House of Love and the Vicious Fox. She took my hand and Principal Cho opened the doors to his office.

Inside his office he sat Yoona and I down across each other we looked at each other but with hate again this time. Traces of the presence of the Furies was lingering in the office again. But the Furies weren't present this time. Thery weren't always there to initiate the bloodlust. They are present when you least expect them to be.

Kyuhyun; I expected much from both of you. And Miss Im? On your first day? Really?!

He walked from behind his table upfront and headed to the doorway. He was about to go out and then he turned around.

Kyuhyun: I'll call both your parents. Sit here and try not to kill each other..

He thought of it a bit.

Kyuhyun: How could you hate each other at first sight?

 

To be Continued.....