The Existence of Another House: Impossible or a Threat?

The Houses of Agape and Polemos

I looked at the girl in front of me. She has blonde hair and brown, glossy eyes. She's pretty tall for our age too but her body's completely voluptuous. I hated myself after I've said that in my head. But she looks like she's around the age of Yonghwa and Seungri, my other two brothers in Harvard Prototype High School. They're the first class to get admitted for Harvard's new project.

I looked back at the girl. She was bowing her head, and her hands were on her lap. She sulked for a bit. Despite the situation, I should've pitied her right? How could I attack a frail, beautiful girl with doe-like eyes and perfectly blonde hair right? Wrong. Despite her appearance, I still really wanted to kill her. 

I shoved my hands in my jacket and looked out the window. My siblings, Suzy, Mir and Chansung were outside at the parking lot talking with their friends. Then the doors opened and Umma walked in and another man. He's chubby and looked around the age of Umma. But he didn't compel me to kill him. The Furies did not appear behind him beckoning me to shed his blood and spread it all over his daughter.

He's probably Yoona adoptive Father. She's not her parents daughter. I should have pitied her but all I could do in my head was laugh at her misfortune.

Hyori: Taecyeon-ie.. What happened son? What did they do to you?

Umma walked in on me sitting on front of the desk of the principal, Principal Cho Kyuhyun. On the opposite sat this girl who tried to choke me to death just now, it's 3:30 for 's sake. We haven't even reached classes yet. I resent her for attacking me and I resent her for being the reason why I fought back. Good thing the guys, who've already figured out the situation took me off of her as they had their eyes closed too.

The Furies, all three of them beckoning us, weeping to kill the other. I'm sure she had felt it too. If not she would have not attacked me.Though Umma is human she is still the Queen to Liontaris she knows of the things that are not easily divulged to human ears like the Principal right now. Then the father of the girl opposite me spoke up.

Shindong: Mrs.Park is it? My daughter.. I- I'm sorry. She must've had a heat . With this temperature who wouldn't be right?

Umma looked at the chubby man with platinum blonde hair, he nodded his head from side to side as he bowed in front of the Queen, Eomma. Though she only wore jeans and a shirt, she still looked like she owned South Korea.

Of course that's a joke, we only own half of it. The new baker, Im Shindong-ssi, in town and this must be her daughter. That's a lame excuse. She must've had a heat ? I didn't want to put into play the possibility that she's from another house but.. whatever for now.

Hyori: Oohh.. Anniyo.. My son and I should be giving our apologies. I'm sorry Miss...?

Umma ended her sentence with a questioning voice. Asking the girl's name.

Yoona: Yoo- Yoona.. Im Yoona. Mianhaeyo Madam Park. And I should be sorry.

Umma nodded at her and gave her a smile. Both of us closed our eyes, we both realized that this was the solution preventing us from killing each other. We both bowed down in shame and of course avoiding seeing each other again.

Taecyeon: Yeah you should be.

Hyori: Taec stop now son.

Umma said, her voice still soothing. She rested a hand on my shoulder and then the principal gave his last warnings. We walked outside the campus not a single word said. Umma and I walked over to her car and then the cubs got in the back. Suzy was there at the back seat with Mir and Chansung. The three were curious of what happened.

Suzy: Oppa!

Suzy said with a tinge of worry in her tone. Mir looked at the rear view mirror and then I looked at him. He was really worried for me.

Mir: Bwoya!? Jay and Junsu hyung said..

Chansung: Aish let hyung tell the story.

Umma started to back up her mustang as we tried to settle in and put on our seat belts and then umma spoke up, still with her soothing voice. Umma is not one to get mad quickly, easily or just at about anything. She'll only get mad if I didn't tell her anything that happened to me. She's probably sad that I didn't get to call her immediately.

Hyori: Yes son... What happened? Care sharing with us?

And then Mir spoke up again.

Mir: Yeah hyung.. What happened? Is she really-

Chansung put a hand over Mir's mouth and then he said as Suzy laughed and Umma smiled at what was happening at the back.

Chansung: Continued hyung..

Chansung smiled at the me as I had turned my head back to look at them. Suzy still clung to the lion stuffed toy Umma and Appa had given her.

Taecyeon: It all started like this, I was putting back my books inside my locker right?

I paused and then looked at the people listening to my story. They looked back at me and plastered on their faces was curiosity. They were all begging with their faces for me to continue. I looked at Umma but she was still busy driving. Her eyes still glued on the road. I looked back at the three and then continued to tell them the story. By the time I finished we were parking in front of our manor.

Hyori: So.. My son, do you think this calls for a family meeting?

Umma walked out the car and then gave the keys to Daesung who was wating outside the mansion. I walked out and shouldered my messenger bag and then the three cubs followed to walk inside.

Taecyeon: Umma.. I think I should tell appa first..

The cubs walked inside the house as I did. Mir held open the door for Suzy and then we all dropped out bags on the couch at the room where we accepted visitors.

Hyori: Okay then Taecyeon. Don't worry too much okay. You might just be affected with the heat too right?

I nodded at Umma though we both know that having a heat or having any kind of disease is virtually impossible for our kind. We're all half-gods and we can't get sick. That was just absurd for our kind. Unless the gods themselves invoked plague and disease upon our house. Umma rested a hand on my shoulder and then gripped it.

Hyori: Okay then. Let me go fix our dinner now..

She walked away and into the kitchen and left me in the living room with the cubs. I looked at them and said.

Taecyeon: Not a word to any of the noonas or hyungs arasso?

I pointed a finger at each cub. They looked at me and nodded. Then Suzy spoke up.

Suzy: Of course oppa.

The other two smiled a big grin. I took my jacket from my bag and put it on again. I ran out the open living room window. I jumped on it and then crouched and looked at the cubs. I put a finger on my lips and signaled them to be quiet.

They looked at me and motioned as if closing a zipper on their lips.

Suzy: Be home before dinner though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked out the principal's office. More like trudged out of it with my father in tow. I shouldered my back pack and put on the white hood. Great. My first day in a new school and I already got sent to the principal's office. All my good credentials, all the 3-years worth of not being sent to the principal's office at my last school, down the drain now.

I walked out the plexi-glass double doors of the Seniors' building and sat beside the curb where the red, worn-out pick-up truck my father owns is parked and waited for him there. I didn't notice that I walked faster then usual. Maybe because I avoided him from scolding me. But I know him, he can't even yell at me. My mother can't too. Both of them are just too kind to do those things to me.

He reached me now and took out his car keys and fiddled with it for a moment and I looked at him. He stopped fiddling with the keys and looked at me for a moment and smiled. I smiled back nervously. He opened the door and we both got in. He started the engine and we left the campus premises.

As we drove off, he cleared his throat and then started to look at me in the peripheral of his vision. He cleared his throat again and then he looked at me fully to his right and then he turned his gaze back at the road.

Shindong: So.. 

He said a bit nervous. 

Shindong: You wanna talk about it kid? How you...

He looked at me again and then honked the truck's horn at the car in front of us. A black mustang was in front of us. I wanted to scream at the driver for being a bit reckless on the road but from the looks of it, having owned a mustang whoever the driver is could buy my family's soul so I tried to peak at it. But to no succes cause the windows were tinted. But I could seriously feel someone's eyes from the inside boring holes into mine. 

Then appa continued to talk to me again.

Shindong: How you beat up that kid..

He said a bit proud now? He cleared his throat again.I braced myself. Maybe this is the day that he would scold me and ground me forever and lock me up in my room for being sent to the principal's office on my first day in school and the third day of our move.

Shindong: Might I add that what you did was awesome by the way. From the looks of the other kid, he could have killed you. 

He laughed a bit and I smiled.

Yoona: Mian, appa.

He smirked and then looked at me and patted me on the head. Something he always did whenever I did something wrong and I know it and I felt like I wouldn't be forgiven. The pat on thea head would only re-assure me that he always forgives me.

Shindong: Gwenchana.. It's okay kid. I won't even tell your mom.

We were rounding up the corner no going to the Han River still in Seoul though. Our bakery is located in the river banks. We would serve the people, or couples who would come visit the river or even students who would go here and study all night. The bakery doesn't close. It works here for 24 hours. We have a few help right now.

We have three employees. Kwanghee, Sunhwa and Hyosung, three college students who're working here to assist themselves also, they're my friends, then Umma and Appa who work here during the day and I volunteered to work here so that they would raise my allowance. My shift start around 4 and ends around 12mn. We rounded a corner and halted to a full brake. And parked in front of the bakery we called GyOonShin Sweets and Student Grove.

I got out of the truck a woman with beautiful glossy eyes and a powerful face, some curls and burgundy hair came out with Kwanghee to help us take out the load from behind the truck. She had an apron on, meaning she WAS busy baking cakes at the back.

Gyuri: Ohh.. uri nampyeon and my beautiful baby girl..

Yoona: Umma!

I gave her a smile as she said that and she walked towards us, her arms wide open. Behind her Kwanghee smiled. She hugged me as she had come close to us and gave a quick peck to appa.

Gyuri: How was your first day Yoona?

She pinched my cheeks and kissed me on the cheeks too. I looked at appa and he looked back at me nervously. Then umma looked at both of us back and forth and the smile on her face melted. I hated it when that happens.

Gyuri: Is something wrong? Did something happen?

She said as she continued to look at both of us.

Shindong: Uhhh.... eobseo.. Yoona?

He left me as he carried boxes of ingredients and handed some to Kwanghee and left me with Umma outside. Umma took my hand in hers and we started to walk slowly inside the Bakery.

Gyuri: What happened beautiful? Anyone bullied you? Cute boy broke your heart?

I looked at umma with the worried look still plastered on her face. I sighed and said.

Yoona: Actually umma..

I opened the door for both of us. Sunhwa handed me an apron and I put it on. We ducked behind the counter and I took the seat at the register as Sunhwa started to take orders.

Yoona: A cute guy.... ? Well.. I... Sort of.. We both of.. kinda tried to... kill each other today?

She laugheed at me. And then looked back at me.

Gyuri: You're serious?

She laughed again and I gave her alook saying I was dead-serious.

Gyuri: Well at least you both haven't succeeded right? Cha..

She started to walk to the kitchen again.

Gyuri: .. just don't do it again okay? Now let's all get back to work.

Told you she wouldn't scold me. Both of them didn't. The night had gone out well. For all of the time I was behind the register, I was contemplating on what had happened with me and that Park kid. I really don't understand what happened with us.. It felt like I wanted to kill him and kiss him at the same time when I saw the... Three grey, old, wrinkly and decaying women.. 

They're probably sisters too.. I went to my bag and opened my laptop. I booted it up and connected to the bakery's wi-fi. I typed in the characteristics of the women I've seen. And to my surprise, the Google results clearly showed me-

Sunhwa: Yoona?

I was interrupted from my surfing and looked up at Sunhwa. She had her bag in her hands and from behind her is Hyosun and Kwanghee, all three are ready to leave the bakery. Kwanghee was twirling his keys to his blue pick up truck in his right hand.

Yoona: Oh, is it midnight already?

I asked Sunhwa who was in front of me fiddling with the contents of her bag and cradling her laptop in her arms at the same time. Then Hyosung spoke up.

Hyosung: Neh. And you should be home before 1 or your parents will kill us...

Kwanghee smiled at me. He carried my bag for me and then took my coat and handed it to me. The blue pick up truck was outside plain in sight but some ed up fog decided to roll in tonight.

Kwanghee: Let's go baby girl.

He looked outside and then back at me. He was worried a bit. Maybe because of the thickening fog.

Kwanghee: Or we might have to wait out the fog before we could drive home.

I took my coat and put on my hoodie. We all walked out the bakery as Kwanghee locked it up. He rolled down the steel doors and locked it again. After that we all headed to his truck. As we walked I had the strangest feeling in the world like we were being watched... followed.

Then footsteps tapping the concrete came out of nowhere. I looked around for a while then a searing pain in my head. I crouched down and put my head between my knees. It was excruciating, then when I looked up and regained my bearings. Hyosung, Sunhwa and Kwanghee were in the ground, unconscious. 

Then four black-hooded figures surrounded me. They were all.. women. But one was definitely a man. Not buff but slender, he is about my height and his eyes were concealed behind his black hood. So were the other girls. The three girls weren't that tall either.

A wiry arm wrapped around my neck and simultaneously pulled back and pressed me down until I was down on my knees. My breath was cut short and I was starting to lose consciousness too. Then the guy whispered into my ears.

Attacker: Don't panic.. You should come with us..

But I tried to fight it. I crooked my arm and hit my attacker in the solar plexus ramming it straight to him. He made an awfully painful noise as the sound of cracking ribs came out of his body. Did I hit him that hard? I looked at the other three figures as they moved forward but out of nowhere the sound of cracking concrete came from the back. 

I was about to turn my back from the three, but they stopped walking towards me and my previous attacker rammed into them. They had caught the first attacker as he flew into their chests.

They all fell down and the fog was starting to lift. I looked back and the sight of a black, leather jacket and a white shirt from the inside had caught my eyes. When I looked back at where my attackers had been, nothing.

Not a single hooded figure in sight. Were they thieves? Did they want to mug us or something? But most importantly what was this guys doing here? Taecyeon was it? Park Taecyeon? This rich boy, snobby jerk? Had he been the one who saved me? He stalked towards me closer closing the distance. He was a good fifty feet away from me and the rage I had felt earlier in the day was not present.

As he was far away from me, I took the time to admire his facial features. He looked at me lovingly too. Why was he looking at me lovingly? Then I realized, I was looking at him as if I was drooling on a boy band member. When he came closer the same heart-poisoning fury came back. I wanted to kill him again. Great..

Taecyeon: Don't thank me yet. I just saved you cause I wanted to be the one to kill you.

I looked at him, more liked glared at him.

Yoona: I wasn't even thinking about thanking you.

He smirked and spat at the concrete.

Taecyeon: Better get your servant to the hospital, get them checked.

Yoona: Piss off jock. I don't need your help and I swear if you stalk me again.. I'll rip off your voice box and feed it to the fishes.

I looked back at my three friends then the rage disappeared. I got the feeling that he must've left but I still took a sneak behind me. He wasn't there anymore. WAIT! Was he following me? Why the was he following me? Did we both really want to kill each other that much? I hated it. I hated him, loathed him, but also I wanted to get to know him better.

I also got the feeling when he looked at me from afar, he had the genuine urge to help me and my friends. This is getting pretty outrageous. I really need to getm my friend to the hospital and go... HOME! Omona! My parents will kill me. Better call them first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flew away as soon as she turned her back on me. How could she have threatened me like that? How could all those profanities fit inside that sweet girl? She took out her phone and was probably calling her parents. I hid behind the clouds and looked at the girl I hated, loathed yet liked all at the same time. Aish!

She's pretty outrageous and courageous for even fighting that other... No probably not. What are the odds that her attackers are from another house too right? I mean, there are only three right? I really need to get some more information on her and from the other houses. More information for the family and for... personal... use?

KEKEKEKE.

From up here, she looks like an angel locked out of heaven. I wanted to fly down and hug her myself but I know that when I even get a few inches closer to her from where I am, the Furies would appear again and we would be pushed towards each other to kill each other in cold blood. And I know in myself that I don't want that. I hope.. She doesn't too.

Taecyeon: Aish.. Im Yoona.. You're making me crazy, you insane ... Don't make me loathe you..

I looked at her.. She was looking around. She took the keys from the hands of the guy sprawled on the ground. She carried her frined effortlessly inside the truck and drove off. I decided against following her. My parents might be looking for me too. I let her drive off.

Taecyeon: ..and fall for you at the same time.

I flew home.

 

 

To be Continued..