Book 2: The Houses of Agape and Polemos: Gods Desending Chapter 1: The Revelations

The Houses of Agape and Polemos

Chapter 1

 

Taecyeon’s POV:

Taecyeon: I saw a demigod..

Yoon was standing beside my bed, her hands filled with burning ozone and cackling light. The sounds of a thousand birds chirping all at the same time filling the room, lightning. Yoona wielded lightning in her hands as I shot up seated in our bed half-.

I stood up and walked to her, rubbing her arms to calm her down.

Taecyeon: Y-yoona calm down please.

I looked into her eyes. Her brown irises now startlingly blue.

Yoona: W-what happened, Taec?

She asked me, still taken aback and shaken by the manifestation of my dream in our room. I looked around at the burned areas and spots of the bed, soot covering the walls. I looked down at myself and realized what I had just done. I have become the descender.

In ancient times, the greek believed that some of us demigods could sleep and descend into the underworld where the Fox God resided, Thanos. Through time Psyos, Chaos and Thanos’ names have been changed. Initially they were named Zeus, the life-giving god, the God of Thunder, the God of Gods, Poseidon, Chaos bringer, the bringer of wolves, horses and the unruly sea and Hades, the god of the dead and his eternal love to his wife, Persephone.

Yoona: Taec?

She touched my face, hers full of worry.

I looked back into her eyes, my eyebrows knit as I am deep in thought. Descender. The word rang into my head over and over. But, Psyos is the lion. Descenders came from the House of the Fox. How-

Taecyeon: I- remember when we were in dreams meeting each other?

Yoona looked at me puzzled and then her face lit up with shock.

Yoona: That really happened?!

She practically yelled at me as I could only nod in response.

Taecyeon: Remember I called you? And told you that.. you could do the ability so knock it off?

Yoona still stared at me as I started to give her a lecture about the gods and their greek forms and their greek manifestations before becoming their Korean variations now. At some point, Apollo became known as Jesus in Roman Catholicism. A few more minutes of my lecture before we sat back in bed, half- and covered in soot.

Yoona: So you’re telling me that you have something from my family? I mean my house? I mean the God. I- aish! You have an ability that should be mine?

Taecyeon: Well.. it could be from sharing..

Yoona: A bed? Our marriage? Paying the blood debts? That could be it right?!

She looked at me as if she found the answers to all my problems. She did. She is the answer to all my problems. I held her hand and leaned in to kiss her lips, she dipped her head down a bit as if acting shy only to catch my lips on hers. She mumbled as I pulled away.

Yoona: What do we do Taec? Do we tell them? Do we tell them about you being a what did you call it?

She looked at me again.

Taecyeon: Desccender. No. I guess not yet.. not even the other..

She finished my sentence for me.

Yoona: Demigod? What was he?

I looked at her, restraining myself from talking back. She, Yoona. Not a he. I stood up and held her hand, directing us to the shower.

Taecyeon: We’ll see what happens later..

­____POV

I looked at the docks. Wooden ships docked by the concrete river banks. They’re here. Myrmidons. The ant-like, humanoid creatures that used to be 33, 000, now only 33 of them left in the world. Their beady black or red eyes, their clothes hid armor like plates that covered their pecs, biceps, abs, necks, quads, gastrochs. It was as if those plates were their armor. Their cheeks lined with.. pincers.

Automedon was the captain of the 33 left. He was the blood brother of their lord. A past incarnation of myself. I sighed and walked over to the first ship that docked and held out a forearm to Automedon, he clasped it and looked me in the eyes with his beady eyes.

Automedon: Lord. The hundred cousins have sent us to aid you. The wolves have relayed your message to us.

The other myrmidons started mumbling and looking at me as if recognizing me from my past life. I did not want this. But I have to be part of this New Age Trojan War. I have to play my part just like Taecyeon and Yoona will play Paris and Helen. I have to be myself.

Automedon: We have risen from the sands to aid you in your quest. What are your orders.

I turned around to face my back to his.

Lord: Stay put. I have to consult with the Oracle again before I leave them for good.

Automedon nodded before turning to the Myrmidons.

Automedon: The Lord Achilles has ordered us to stay still. We fight when we have to. Kill the Tyrant, the Shield, the Face.

Yoona’s POV

Taec and I went downstairs after bathing together. I blushed at the thought again. We walked downstairs hand in hand to the kitchen packed with demigods. Mrs. Park, Hyori was busy at the stoves with her daughters Fei, Jia, Yeeun and Yubin helping her. The twins Jr. and JB running around the dining table playing around goofing off with Mir and Chansung. Wooyoung setting up the plates with Junho and Joon. Jay was nowhere to be found. Minjun washing dishes in the sink. Suzy looked at us from the garage door with a bit of spite in her eyes. She walked off, practically storming off when she saw Taecyeon holding my hand. I guess she doesn’t agree to what’s happening.

Suzy, this poor little girl, filled with hatred and the blood of the Oracle. Plagued by Apollo. Wait, how do I even know that?

Taecyeon: You okay, Yoong?

I nodded in response.

Yoona: Just that.. What’s wrong with-

Hyori: Oh there you two are.

Mrs. Park only glanced at us while the rest of the siblings stopped and looked at us.

JB: Hyung, Jr. took my shirt!

Jr: I did not!

Chansung: You’re wearing it.

The tense atmosphere loosened up from the palpable winds. The twins saved my again.

Hyori: Yoona, your mom and your erm, siblings left the house early to fetch some stuff.

Yubin: And Taecyeon, Seungri and Yonghwa will be arriving in about an hour so you and I.

Yubin paused before looking around.

Yubin: Where’s Jay? Nevermind. Minjun, come with us. Okay?

Minjun only nodded as he continued.

Yeeun: But let’s eat breakfast first okay?

Kahi’s POV

I woke up from my descent. I looked at the golden bracelet in my left arm, the Bow of Aeneas. The Roman patriarch. It was a gift from my mother, Christine Kim before her passing. And as the head of the House of Ordo Roma Pegasi, I wield it with great pride. The cave, the portal to the underworld, still cold and frosty. I stood up and packed up from my campsite, took out my defensive line, wooden stakes protruding from the ground by the cave entrance.

I walked out back to my motorcycle before stopping at the sudden thought.

Kahi: I saw a demigod.