Love?

An Artist's Heart


 

 

~ Chapter Two ~

 

 

“Since this is your last winter in high school,” Miss Kim began, grabbing a piece of chock and jotting something on the board, “the other teachers and I have planned a trip to go skiing in the mountains.” Many whispers and cheers were heard among the class while Chanyeol slumped in his seat and Jongin gave a mischievous smirk. Fun...Chanyeol thought sarcastically. “We've scheduled the trip over the upcoming weekend. The sign up sheet is just on my desk if you are interested,” Miss Kim then pointed to the board. “Here I have written the different roles we need as extra help for the trip. If any of you are willing to help, that would be greatly appreciated.”

 

Chanyeol sighed as he whipped out his phone from under the desk deleting the new texts he received through out the day. He couldn't care less about some boring ski trip. He would rather go hang with Jongin at a club.

 

And,” the teacher spoke up, “if you do decide to aid us you will get a bonus mark on your report card.” Chanyeol raised his head up as this caught his attention. The bell then rang and all the students got up from their seats and headed to the sign up sheet. A bonus mark? I'll surely need that...Chanyeol thought to himself as he rose from his desk.

 

Dude want to go? I heard we could room with girls,” Jongin smirked as he eyed the many females leaving the class. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes.

 

Seriously?” Chanyeol scoffed as he walked up to the front of the room.

 

Seriously!” Jongin smiled as he caught up with his friend. Chanyeol just shook his head at the odd tanned boy. He made his way up to Miss Kim who was explaining some instructions to a girl. As he got closer, he recognized that the girl was Chinsun. He didn't think anything of it and waited for her to finish. The teacher thanked her with a big smile and turned to Chanyeol.

 

Hello, do you need something?” Miss Kim politely asked. Chanyeol nodded his head.

 

Yeah, I was wondering if I could help out with the trip,” he explained. Jongin eyed his friend suspiciously as he stood beside him.

 

You want to help out?” the teacher asked in a surprised manner. She then clapped her hands together in glee. “Well that's great! Chinsun here is also helping out!” Chanyeol glanced at the shorter girl next to the teacher. She had her head ducked low and her sketch book tightly squeezed against her chest.

 

Why?” Jongin whispered with amusement in his tone.

 

For that extra mark,” Chanyeol replied to him as he looked away from the girl to his friend. Jongin opening his mouth in an o shape and nodded his head.

 

I just need you two to come read this sheet of paper and look at all the requirements,” Miss Kim explained, walking to her desk as the last few students signed the sheet. Chinsun quickly followed while Jongin ran up to the sign up sheet and Chanyeol slowly followed behind. Miss Kim pulled out a drawer from her desk and slipped out two pieces of paper. “Here you go,” she said, handing one paper to Chinsun and one to Chanyeol, “it just explains all the things you'll be helping out with and where you'll be sleeping, etc. Once you're done, sign the bottom and I'll see you all tomorrow,” she smiled while sitting at her desk. Chinsun went right to the reading while Chanyeol took his time and analyzed the paper.

 

Hey miss,” Jongin spoke up as he signed his name.

 

Yes?” she asked, looking up.

 

Are we aloud to room with girls?” he excitedly questioned. The teacher gave him a disappointed glare before shaking her head no. “Aw why not? I promise nothing will happen!” he pleaded.

 

No Jongin,” she sternly told him before flipping through her agenda. The erted boy pouted his lips in defeat then averted his eyes to Chanyeol.

 

You done yet?” Jongin asked. Chanyeol nodded his head as he skimmed through the last line. Chinsun was about to take the pencil on the teachers desk before Chanyeol grabbed it before her. She leaped in surprise but didn't say a word as she waited for him to finish. Chanyeol, who didn't notice a thing, scribbled his name on the paper and handed it to Miss Kim.

 

Thank you,” the teacher smiled. Chanyeol dropped the pencil back on her desk before turning around and walking to the door with Jongin. As they exited the class, Jongin burst out in laughter. The taller male raised a brow at his friend in confusion.

 

What?” he finally asked when he realized that Jongin wasn't getting the message.

 

Did you see her face?” he spit out as another wave of laughter began to erupt. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at his friend.

 

What are you talking about?” he inquired, clearly confused to what was funny. Jongin brushed a tear away as he started cooling down.

 

You know that loner girl?” he said.

 

Yeah?”

 

Did you see how scared she looked?” he said, laughing at how amusing he thought it was. Chanyeol didn't really find it amusing stuffing his hands in his pockets.

 

 

--

 

 

Kyung!” Jongin cried as they reached the coffee shop. Kyungsoo, a good friend of both boys, was working his shift at the coffee shop just a couple blocks from their apartment.

 

You're so loud, shut up,” Kyungsoo glared as Jongin ran up to the counter with Chanyeol lazily following behind. “What do want to order?” he asked as he brushed down his black uniform.

 

You,” he easily answered with a grin. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at his weird friend and punched in two coffees into the machine. Chanyeol leaned against the counter while Jongin fished through his wallet for some cash.

 

Sup,” Chanyeol smiled as Kyungsoo smiled back.

 

How was school? I heard about the trip.” Kyungsoo mentioned as he yanked the money from Jongin's hand. The tanned boy pouted but then cocked and eyebrow at Chanyeol.

 

Yeah, and he's helping out with the whole thing or something,” Jongin smirked while crossing his arms over his chest.

 

Seriously? Why?” Kyungsoo questioned as he reached for two cups of coffee. Chanyeol just shrugged as he waited for his drink.

 

Whoa man, before you said it was because you wanted an extra mark,” Jongin teased as he looked at the taller. Kyungsoo scoffed as he poured some coffee into one of the cups.

 

You wanted to get an extra mark?” he laughed as he handed the first drink to Jongin. Jongin winked at Kyungsoo once he got his beverage, he always got it first. Kyungsoo just ignored him and continued with his job. “Come on Chan there must be more to this. When have you ever cared about marks?”

 

Since now,” Chanyeol answered as he waited for his order.

 

You liar!” Jongin exclaimed as he put the drink down and faced Chanyeol.

 

I'm not lying,” Chanyeol said back as he cocked a brow. The tanned boy glared at Chanyeol before grinning and turning to Kyungsoo.

 

Hey Kyung hear this,” Jongin began, Kyungsoo looked up from his job paying attention to Jongin, “Chan here has been interested in this girl recently.” Kyungsoo's eyes grew large at this swiftly turning to Chanyeol.

 

Seriously? You're finally in love?” Kyungsoo smiled. “I can't believe it! Who is it? What's her name? Do I know her? This is crazy I can't believe you've actually moving on from-”

 

Shut up will you?” Chanyeol glared as he snatched the forgotten cup from Kyungsoo's hand. “I don't like anybody,” he brought the coffee to his lips and took a sip. Lowering the cup from his mouth he added; “I was just curious about her name. That's it,” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow as did Jongin.

 

Oh come on, when was the last time you asked for a girls name?” Jongin questioned, no one said anything as the two other boys thought about it. “Never! That's when! You obviously have something going on for the loner girl!” Jongin finished as he put his hands on his hips to add emphasis.

 

Loner girl?” Kyungsoo asked, a little confused.

 

Yeah,” Jongin spoke up, “she's this girl in our class, and she's helping out with the trip also!”

 

Is she hot? I mean, compared to all the chicks in my class, she must have some stuff going on, right?” Kyungsoo pondered as he glanced at Chanyeol.

 

Actually no, she's not even close to being hot, she's like the ultimate loser with the glasses and stuff,” Jongin answered for Chanyeol. Chanyeol glared at Jongin feeling kind of weird as his heart twisted.

 

Really? I didn't know you went for those kind of girls,” Kyungsoo mumbled as he grabbed a towel and started to clean the counter.

 

Me neither,” Jongin also muttered as he lifted his cup for Kyungsoo, “hey wait, is that why you don't like going to the club with me?”

 

What?” Chanyeol inquired.

 

All the girls there have , that Chinsun chick is as flat as a paper,” Jongin explained.

 

Guys I told you I don't like her,” Chanyeol said, getting really annoyed with the false accusations his friends were saying.

 

But, you just randomly asked for her name!” Jongin exclaimed as he put his cup back down.

 

So? Is there anything wrong with that?” Chanyeol shot back as he took a sip from his coffee.

 

With you, yes, yes there is,” Jongin replied with a grin. Chanyeol sighed as he finished his drink. He chucked it into the garbage bin and turned to his two friends.

 

I don't like her, okay? I just wanted to know her name. That's it. That's as far as my curiosity goes,” Chanyeol spoke up as he put his hands in his pockets. Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol an uncertain look while Jongin raised his hands in the air in surrender.

 

Fine, whatever, but if you fall for that girl,” Jongin paused, “I just want to say, I told you so.” They both then waved to Kyungsoo and left the shop.

 

 

--

 

 

You're an , you know that?” Chanyeol stated as they walked down the street to their apartment. Jongin chuckled as he watched a couple of girls chatting in the park close by.

 

Yeah, I know,” Jongin replied as he eyed the one with the big red furry coat. He whistled lowly at her. “She's hot,” he smirked as he kept on checking her out. Chanyeol rolled his eyes for the hundredth time. He turned to the girl with the expensive looking jacket that Jongin was so interested in, but something caught his eye. She looked familiar, and she was pointing to something, or someone while whispering to her friends in an secretive way. He trailed his eyes to where those girls were gesturing at. For once, Chanyeol was quite surprised to see Chinsun. She was sitting on a bench that was cleared of snow, sketching in her book. To him, it seemed like she was drawing the swing set just a couple meters away from her. He gazed back at the three girls. They began walking towards Chinsun with weird looks in their eyes.

 

What are they doing?” Chanyeol mumbled as he narrowed his brows to see better,

 

What did you say?” Jongin asked as he unwillingly looked away from the girl and up to Chanyeol. Chanyeol blinked his eyes away and turned to his friend.

 

Uh, nothing,” he answered as he began to wonder why he was getting worried. Jongin raised an eyebrow but brushed it off looking ahead of him to the sidewalk. After a couple of uneasy steps, Chanyeol glanced back at Chinsun who was drawing. She was completely fine, but why was he having this unsettling feeling in his stomach?

 

Suddenly Chinsun looked up from her book to be met by those three girls. She dug her pencil in her pocket and rapidly closed her sketching book holding it close to her chest. The talker of the three girls said something that made Chinsun flinch. She quickly got up from the bench, bowed slightly and walked away with her head held low. Chanyeol could hear the group laugh, and no doubt in his mind that Chinsun could hear them too.

 

Hey Chan,” Jongin called while waving his hand in front of his face. Chanyeol jerked his head back in surprise.

 

Huh?” Chanyeol asked.

 

You okay? You were like staring at something,” Jongin explained. Chanyeol shook his head indicating he was fine. “Hm, okay then,” Jongin mumbled with suspicion in his tone. The red light turned green and they began walking across the street.