Confess

An Artist's Heart

 

 

~ Chanpter Eighteen ~

 


“Someone's looking happy,” Jongin teased as Chanyeol beamed like the sun while washing the dishes.

“I don't think he can hear you,” Kyungsoo chuckled, flipping through his textbook. Jongin grinned from the other side of the table, watching his friend act like a love sick school girl.

“Hey Chan!” Jongin shouted, causing the named boy to jump. Chanyeol turned around and glared at Jongin with a questioning look.

“What?” he asked, continuing with the cleaning.

“How was your date?” Jongin smirked. There was a second of silence before Chanyeol dropped the plate in the sink causing a loud clanking noise to irritate Kyungsoo's studying. Chanyeol frantically tried ignoring the question as his face rose one hundred degrees. “You're blushing!” Jongin laughed, walking up to Chanyeol.

“Shut up you !” Chanyeol defended as he rinsed out the plate.

“Calm down dude,” Jongin chuckled, leaning against the counter, “but seriously, how was it?” Chanyeol gulped, drying the dish.

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo agreed, “did something special happen?”

“It wasn't really a date...but I showed her where I worked, um...and I got her something,” Chanyeol flushed as he tried hiding his grin.

“Nice move man,” Jongin winked.

“Was Tiffany there?” Kyungsoo asked. Chanyeol put away the platter, then faced his friends.

“Yeah, she was there,” Chanyeol replied, “she was being such an to Chinsun though.” The male rolled his eyes at the thought of her behavior. He could feel his anger building up. Jongin cocked a brow at that and crossed his arms.

“And did you do anything about it?” Jongin grinned, eyeing the boy. Chanyeol nodded his head, staring at the ground.

“I think I gave her the impression that Chinsun and are were a thing,” he explained with a little smile twitching up his lips, “so she gave up.” Jongin gleamed, patting Chanyeol's back with full force. “That hurts you little ,” Chanyeol glared.

“Be a man,” Jongin teased, “you need to confess to her now.” Chanyeol's face burned red, turning away from Jongin.

“You should do it before Christmas break,” Kyungsoo suggested as he skimmed through his book.

“But they start next Monday!” Chanyeol squeaked, “I can't confess to her so soon!”

“Why not?” Kyungsoo inquired, looking up from his studying, “just tell her you love her.” Chanyeol blushed even harder, if that was possible.

“I can't just say...I love you...” Chanyeol muttered as he shyly gazed to the ground, embarrassed he even spoke those three words.

“Of course you can,” Jongin scoffed, “once you finally tell Chinsun, you can hug and kiss her whenever you want.”

“Kiss?” Chanyeol mumbled, “I can't kiss her...”

“It's not like you're not experienced,” Kyungsoo lamely implied, “you can do it.” Chanyeol desperately stared up at Kyungsoo.

“That's different though,” Chanyeol concluded, “Chinsun's special.” Kyungsoo smiled at his friends description.

“You see,” Jongin sighed, “I told you you would fall for her, and you fell hard.”

--

“Can you get the out of the washroom I seriously need to piss!” Jongin cried as he knocked on the locked door.

“No,” was Chanyeol's response from the other side. Jongin frantically grabbed his crotch assuming that in any moment he would just pee his pants.

“You've been in there since six you little crap!” Jongin boomed, “I need to take my morning tinkle!” There was a moment of silence before he heard a scoff from the other side. Then finally, the door unlocked and it was pushed open.

“Tinkle?” Chanyeol chuckled as he stared down at his fidgeting friend.

“Move it you fatso!” the tanned boy cried as he pounced inside the washroom and slammed the door shut. Chanyeol raised a brow as he checked the time. Rolling his eyes he turned to the closed door.

“It's only been five minutes you idiot, I was brushing my teeth,” Chanyeol grumbled pacing down the hall to the front door. As he approached his shoes, he slipped them on, one by one. Grabbed his coat and zipped up the front. He swung his bag over his shoulder then turned to the silent apartment. “Jongin!” Chanyeol called, waiting for a response.

“Yeah?” was his muffled reply.

“I'm leaving,” he told the peeing boy.

“Why?” he soon heard after a toilette flush.

“I want to meet Chinsun at school,” Chanyeol explained, “she usually gets there early.” There was no answer, so Chanyeol gripped the door knob and turned it open. Right when he was about to leave, he heard Jongin's heavy footsteps.

“Don't forget to confess to her!” and then the door closed.

--

Confess.

Confess.

Confess.

Confess.

Confess.

Confess.

Chanyeol grumbled as he got closer to the school. The only thing running through his mind was that one little word...confess. It was eating away at his brain. It seriously was. Everything he looked at reminded him of love. Simply everything. From the road to the buildings, from the snow to the trees, from the civilians walking by to the car's loud horns. It was driving him insane. He couldn't even understand how an ice cream cone could relate to Chinsun, actually, ice cream was sweet and so was Chinsun- no.

Was Chanyeol ready to confess? Did he even have the right? Well of course he did. It was love, everyone had a right to love someone. But did she love him back? Chanyeol didn't know. He wish he had a sign, maybe today at school he could clue in and see if the signales were popping up. What were the signales anyway? From experience, many girls blushed when he passed by in the halls and started acting either shy or flirtatious. Chanyeol knew for a fact Chinsun was not a player of any sort, but she was exceptionally shy and quiet. But did that mean anything?

Chanyeol sighed as he stressfully walked in the school building searching around for Chisun. Unlike other days, the halls were practically empty, considering how early it was. Most of the class room doors were closed, except for his own.
Quickly throwing his jacket and bag inside his locker, he made way to the open door. As he got closer, he could hear a voice, more like a tune, being hummed. It was female, sweet and gentle. It sounded so peaceful. Peeking inside the room, the first thing that came into view was Chinsun. She was casually seated at her desk with her sketch book open, drawing away while singing a song. Chanyeol couldn't help the love struck smile that spread across his face. She just looked so...beautiful.

He didn't know how long he had creepily watched her, but before long, Chinsun raised her head, freezing at the sight of the tall male. The melodic humming vanishing into thin air. Frantic and not knowing what to do, Chanyeol simply stood there while Chinsun's face flushed into a dark shade of red as they're eyes locked. Chanyeol felt extremely embarrassed for being discovered.

Trying not to make things seem any more odd, Chanyeol cleared his throat, stuffing his hands into his pockets taking a step into class. “Um...hey,” he greeted, awkwardly smiling at the girl. Chinsun quickly shut her sketch book and dusted her pants.

“Hello,” she bashfully said, hastily placing her pencil on her desk. “Why are you here so early?” she politely asked in a quiet voice. His heart beat raced as the word 'confess' flew past his mind.

“I actually came here to see you,” Chanyeol truthfully replied as he felt a little heat rise to his cheeks. If he was going to tell Chinsun he loved her, he was not going to start off by lying to her. Feeling proud of himself, he took a little shaky breath as his heart rate couldn't seem to calm down.
Chinsun was left speechless at his words. The tall boy could notice she was holding back a smile. Honestly, he was trying his best not to shower her with hugs and kisses by how adorable she was acting.

“U-um,” Chinsun spoke up as the room became warmer, “you can sit...here. If you want,” pointing to the empty desk beside her. Chanyeol beamed at the girl, rapidly, yet casually, walking towards the said area. Once sitting down, he fully faced Chinsun. His heart leaped in surprise once he noticed how much she was blushing. Did this mean, that she could, maybe, sort of, have feelings for him? Was this a sign? Just thinking about it made Chanyeol go crazy.

“So, what were you drawing?” he questioned, placing his elbow on her table, resting his head in the cup of his hand. He was now leaning even closer to Chisnun, creating an invisible sensation between the two. It was obvious that both of them were hyper aware of their proximity, but neither had the nerve, more or less wanted, to say anything about it.

“N-nothing special,” Chinsun stuttered, slightly turning to her book.

“Nothing special?” Chanyeol laughed, finding his lost courage, “oh come on, if it's anything like the other ones I've seen...” He trailed off as he peered into her eyes. Chinsun nervously avoided his gaze. “Can I see it?” Chanyeol inquired as he lifted his head from his hand, beginning to reach for her book. Chinsun frantically grabbed his palm as she pushed her supplies further away.

“I-I haven't finished yet!” she anxiously explained. Chanyeol looked down at their conjoined hands and slightly smirked. Chinsun confusedly stared at his change in expression before realizing her position and snapping her hands to her lap. “S-sorry...” she mumbled, turning away. Chanyeol chuckled at her action. She glanced up at him with a weary look, audibly gulping.

“You're really cute,” Chanyeol unconsciously told her as they began getting lost in each other's eyes. Chinsun gaped, her eyes growing wider and while face turned thee thousand different shades of red.

“I-um...” Chinsun squeaked, “thank you.” she muttered ducking her head low.
Chanyeol had no clue how he was able to say that to her, but by every passing second, more and more courage sprang within his soul, making it even more clear that he needed to confess. The path was evident. He knew deep down that he was, and he definitely will tell Chinsun he loved her. There was no doubt about it.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The story is coming to an end guys

The next chapter will be the final one

I hope you've been enjoying it as much as I have :D

-LonDon323