Missing

An Artist's Heart

 

 

 

~ Chapter Ten ~

 

 

“It's Wednesday!” Jongin whimpered, walking out of the kitchen. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow from the door way as he zipped up his coat and lifted his bag over his shoulders.

 

“What's wrong with Wednesdays?” Chanyeol questioned as Jongin reached for his shoes. The tanned boy just groaned.

 

“I don't know...Wednesdays just ...” was his reply, tying his shoe laces. Chanyeol chuckled and reached for the door knob.

 

“Um...okay?” he laughed, pushing the door open. The moment Chanyeol looked out, he swiftly slammed the door shut. Jongin yelped in shock, dropping his school bag on the ground.

 

“What the hell?!” he huffed as he pulled up his bag.

 

“It's snowing like crazy out there!” Chanyeol whined. Jongin narrowed his eyes at his friend.

 

“So? It's just some snow...” Jongin lamely replied, crossing his arms. Chanyeol smacked his tongue against the top of his mouth and had a small pity party. “What the hell are you doing?”

 

“The snow is going to ruin my hair!” Chanyeol explained as he pouted his lips.

 

“Dude you're acting like a girl...who the cares about your hair? It's going to look the same no matter what you do to it,” Jongin easily replied as he eyed his odd friend. Chanyeol just gave Jongin a shut-the-hell-up-you-annoying-little-turd look. Jongin glared back at Chanyeol, then déjà vu slapped him across the face. “Chan, you look fine. I'm pretty sure Chinsun won't mind if one little piece of hair is miss placed,” Jongin smirked. Chanyeol's eyes grew slightly larger at his friend's claim.

 

“I told you one million times that I don't like her!” Chanyeol defended. He was never going to admit it, but Jongin knew that Chanyeol liked Chinsun. Only until the proof was literally right in front of his face would he actually realize it.

Jongin just blinked his eyes in irritation before shoving the tall boy out of the way and walking out the door only to be greeted by the soft snow flakes dancing in the air. Jongin scoffed and turned to Chanyeol.

 

“Seriously?!” Jongin laughed.

 

--

 

Chanyeol and Jongin both ran into school as the snow started to become heavy and strong.

 

“Oh my God that was a lot of snow!” Jongin heaved as they finally entered the warm building. Many girls blushed at the sight of a slightly sweating Chanyeol and Jongin. “Well...” Jongin sighed, eyeing his equally tired friend, “at least your hair's fine.”

 

“Shut up,” Chanyeol laughed as they began walking down the hall. Most of the students had already scurried off into their classes so the halls were practically deserted for once. Much to Chanyeol's relief and Jongin's disappointment.

 

They had arrived at school quite late today due to the weather. Fortunately they had five minutes left to spare. Jongin ran ahead while Chanyeol quickly undid his lock and stuffed his wet snowy jacket inside his locker. Chanyeol couldn't believe there was suddenly a huge snow storm while they were on their way to school. It was amazing how cars could drive in such dangerous weather. Honestly Chanyeol at driving even though he somehow was able to get his license. He couldn't imagine how difficult it would be to drive at this moment. Just thinking about it made him shiver.

 

Chanyeol turned to his class and casually walked in. Most of the students were already in their seats just chatting away to the people beside them. He quickly took notice of the two girls who were whispering about Chinsun the other day, they were hanging around Jessica near his table. Chanyeol inwardly cringed at the sight of them. He still couldn't get over the fact that they completely humiliated Chinsun in front of the whole class.

 

He sighed then proceeded to his desk all the way to the back of the room. Chanyeol passed by the many tables and people before swiftly taking his seat and looking right to chalk board. Miss Kim entered at that precise moment, taking her jacket off while doing so, and placing it around the wooden chair of her desk. She rubbed her hands together then looked around the class and cleared to grab everyone's attention.

 

All of the students hushed down and took their rightful seats. Jessica quickly skipped to her spot near the front, not forgetting to wave to her other two friends in the process. Jongin then awkwardly barged in, bowed to the teacher and made his great entrance down the row to his desk. Chanyeol could only chuckle at Jongin's annoyingly amusing need for attention. Miss Kim gave Jongin the evil eye right until he sat down and was, somewhat, ready to listen. Before Miss Kim began her lecture, Chanyeol took a quick peek at Chinsun's desk. He furrowed his brows at the empty chair. It was quite strange that Chinsun hadn't arrived yet. Was she sick?

 

Chanyeol knew it wasn't any of his business to question where she was, but he couldn't help but be curious.

 

--

 

 

Annoying :

 

You're lookn' a bit worried there buddy ;P

 

Jongin texted Chanyeol as the tanned boy noticed his friend eyeing a specific unoccupied area. Chanyeol sighed as he looked over at Jongin with quite a frantic look. Jongin was taken aback by the expression on his friends face.

 

Chanyeol :

 

I am.

 

Chanyeol answered back as he continued staring at Chinsun's spot. He couldn't get the feeling that something was wrong. Maybe what those girls did yesterday really made her embarrassed to show her face at school. He would probably have been.

 

Lunch had already passed. Chanyeol nor his friend were able to find her. Kyungsoo just kept telling him that she probably caught a cold and there was nothing to worry about, but Chanyeol being Chanyeol, couldn't shake off the worry that was flooding through his veins.

Was this normal? It couldn't have been. Worrying about someone this much? Chanyeol didn't know. But he did feel extremely protective whenever it came to Chinsun's well being.

 

He has always been protective over Jongin and Kyungsoo before, so why was this any different? Why was he even thinking that it could be any different? It wasn't. Why would it be? She was just another person in his life. It wasn't like she was anything really special to him. She was just someone that was different from the rest. She acted different, behaved different, spoke different, looked different, was different.

 

Chanyeol couldn't explain this feeling. He didn't understand and it was driving him crazy. Maybe his conscience was just telling him he really needed to step up his game or something. Like he had to try harder to be her friend.

 

Chanyeol ruffled his hair in frustration. This girl was really making him go insane. He took a deep breath, letting the cool oxygen to fill up his nostrils and travel down to his lungs. He held it there for a long while allowing the relaxing sensation to fill his body. His heart started beating due to the lack of air, so he gently and slowly let it out, gradually regained his even breathing as his mind focused on Miss Kim. It was just a girl. One girl. That was it. He had to calm down and not stress over something so idiotic as her being absent.

 

--

 

“Can I please go to the bar today?” Jongin pleaded as he followed Chanyeol into their kitchen. Chanyeol mentally face palmed, hearing that question.

 

“Jongin, you asked me that one million times already and my answer is always going to stay the same,” Chanyeol retorted as he opened the fridge. Jongin whimpered, leaning against the counter.

 

“Aw come on, Wednesdays ! There's nothing to do!” Jongin whined as he flailed his hands in the air to add emphasis. Chanyeol pulled out a loaf of bread and butter making his way to the plate cupboard beside the sink.

 

“You're grounded, remember?” Chanyeol told him, placing the butter on the counter. Pulling open the cupboard, he took out a clean white plate with his free hand plopping his bread on top. Chanyeol grabbed the butter and made his way to the table.

 

“You're such a party pooper!” Jongin cried as he sat in the spot Chanyeol had just pulled out for himself. The tall male rolled his eyes at his friend before siting down in the chair beside Jongin. “Why don't you come with me?” he suggested with a smile. Chanyeol took a bite of his buttered bread and shook his head no to the other boy. “Fine, I'm going to my room,” Jongin stood up and left the kitchen leaving Chanyeol alone to think to himself.

 

Chanyeol jumped at the sound of the front door slamming closed. His eyes grew wide as he turned to see what was going on. But, there was nothing there. Chanyeol scoffed as he grabbed his phone out of his back pocket.

 

“Damn that little jackass...” Chanyeol groaned as he quickly looked at his vibrating phone.

 

Kyungsoo :

 

What the hell?! I just saw Jongin run out the door!

 

Chanyeol banged his head against the table.

 

Chanyeol :

 

Jongin escaped...

 

Kyungsoo :

 

If he comes to your place late at night again, don't answer. He should've known he was being a so let him sulk outside all alone for the rest of the night >:(

 

Chanyeol :

 

Agreed.

 

--

 

Chanyeol yawned as he pulled his blankets over his body. It was around ten o'clock and Jongin hadn't come home yet. Chanyeol wasn't worried the least bit though. He was more pissed off to actually consider Jongin's well being.

 

Quickly brushing off that subject, Chanyeol closed his eyes and let sleep rush over his body. His comfortable bed sheets snuggling up to his skin. His squishy pillow sinking his head into a world of relaxation. He let his arms and legs go loose as his muscles started to feel like jelly due to the amazing heat of his blankets. His breathing began to thin out as everything started to blur while his conscience retired into slumber.

 

Everything in that moment was completely perfect. Nothing could possibly ruin it. Except for Jongin of course.

 

Loud thumping noises were heard outside Chanyeol's door as they got louder and louder by each step. Chanyeol groaned in his pillow slightly sobbing at the loss of beautiful peace. His door knob turned, harshly pushing the door open, Jongin came running in panting heavily. He had an amused look but somewhere deep within his eyes was something quite uncertain.

 

“Chanyeol!” Jongin called, shaking his friend violently.

 

“Stop it, I'm tired...” Chanyeol mumbled through his pillow. Jongin, who was clearly having nothing of Chanyeol's behavior ripped his blankets away. Chanyeol immediately sat up in shock. “What the hell?!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he eyed the tanned boy. The first thing he realized was that Jongin was dressed quite nice actually. It took Chanyeol by surprise. Jongin usually arrived home looking like a mess, not like he was right now.

 

“Chan, I have something to tell you. It's serious,” Jongin breathed as he paced around the room. The irritated male just cocked a brow.

 

“Serious? When do you ever have anything necessary to say? And how did you get in here?” Chanyeol trailed on as his eye lids started to droop. Jongin stopped in his tracks and looked straight at Chanyeol.

 

“Dude, I saw her,” Jongin said lowly, almost in a whisper. The other boy squinted as he tried to understand what his friend was talking about.

 

“Who?” Chanyeol questioned cautiously as Jongin's face became completely serious. Jongin took a deep breath. He then stared directly within Chanyeol's eyes.

 

“Tiffany.”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I just want to say thanks to all of you who have subscribed!

It makes me so happy that you guys are enjoying this story!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!

- LonDon323