Chapter Five

Only One (Sequel Of Going Crazy)

Hyeso sat awkwardly in between Kris and Ljoe at the back of the car seat. Kris held Hyeso's hand and put it on his lap, while Ljoe just gazed emptily outside the window.

"Hyeso'yaa, you will stay for dinner right?" Ljoe's mom asked. Hyeso bit her inner lips and glanced to Kris who smiled approvingly.

"Kurom, omonim, if you don't mind" Hyeso said, smiled, she glanced to Ljoe who still gazed outside the window.

---------------------
 

Hyeji clasped her shaky hand under the table, on her lap, while she tried hard to not cry right there and then. Kangta sat in front of her, gazed her softly while Hyeji won't met his eyes since they met. Siwon back and forth looked at them and raised his eyebrow.

"Well, it's awkward, did you both, by any chance ever met somewhere?" Siwon asked. Hyeji looked at him and smiled faintly while Kangta sighed.

"She's my student when I taught art in Seoul" Kangta said. Hyeji swallowed hard and looked outside the window. Siwon nodded lightly.

"Then, it's good right, you both know each other, our event will be smooth" Siwon clapped his hand once. Hyeji stood up abruptly; she took her bag and the papers.

"I-I have to go, can we arrange the meeting later, Siwon'shi?" Hyeji said. Siwon looked at her confusedly.

"But-but we just..."

"I-I don't feeling really well, I'll call you later okay" Hyeji bowed to Siwon and turned her gazed to Kangta who never tore his eyes from Hyeji and bowed lightly.

"Ex-Excuse me.." Hyeji whispered and walked leave Siwon and Kangta. Siwon still looked at her agape, didn't know how to react.

"She is so weird" Siwon mumbled. Kangta still gazed her and sighed.

"I have to go to the restroom" Kangta said and stood up, walked leave Siwon alone.

--------------------------------
 

Hyeso laughed along with Ljoe's mom when she helped her in the kitchen. Kris watched them while smiled and leaned his back to the counter.

"You can wait in the living room, Wufan Oppa, I will call you later when the dinner is set" Hyeso stood in front of him and smiled softly, she took his hand and entwined it with her "You must be tired" she said. Kris chuckled and low down his head so he could meet Hyeso's eyes.

"I'm not tired anymore when I can hold you like this, Princess" Kris said and pulled Hyeso to his embrace. Hyeso giggled and tried to get away from Kris.

"There's omonim here..." Hyeso said shyly. Kris laughed and let go of her. Hyeso smiled happily but then frowned when she saw Ljoe looked at her with his pierce eyes.

"Byunghun Oppa..." Hyeso whispered. Ljoe tore his eyes from Hyeso and looked somewhere else. Hyeso bit her lower lips.

"I need to go somewhere, I will be home at dinner" Ljoe said and took his jacket and dashed to the door.

--------------------------------
 

Hyeji was shaking but still managed to walk, she took her cell phone in her bag and dial the number.

"Ricky'a.. Pi-pick me up please" Hyeji whispered, her voice shaking.

"Are you okay, Hyeji? Did you cry? What happen?" Ricky asked worriedly. Hyeji took a deep breath but whined when she remembered Kangta was still inside the hall.

"Just please, Ricky... Palli.." Hyeji's voice cracked

"Okay, I'll be there in 10minutes, don't go anywhere okay..." Ricky said, he's breathing faster signed that he was running. Hyeji hummed, afraid her voice will crack again.

They hung up the phone, Hyeji walked to the nearest bench and sat down, she closed her eyes and tried to steady her breathe.

"Hyeji'a..." A voice called her, she froze for a moment and took her hand to her chest as if tried to reduce her beating heart.

Kangta walked to her and sat beside her, she still froze there and refused to glance to her side. Kangta gazed her softly and smiled.

"You've grown up..." Kangta said. Hyeji swallowed hard and bit her lower lips to prevent her sobs.

"It's been 4 years" Kangta murmured softly, Hyeji kept silenced, afraid her voice betrayed her and started to cry, she prayed Ricky will come soon.

"I... " Kangta swallowed, he sighed and took a deep breath. "I want to apologize for what I've done to you, I hope you will forgive me" Kangta said. No matter how Hyeji hold her tears, it slipped and ran down to her cheek.

"Hyeji, please... Look at me" Kangta mumbled. He took Hyeji's arm and turned her so they looked each other. Hyeji looked at him finally, with tears in her eyes and a broken sobs. Kangta smiled softly, he took his hand and erased her tears.

"Hyeji'a.. I-"

"Hyeji..." Ricky called her and ran to her. Hyeji stood up and turned to Ricky. Ricky hugged her and furrowed when he felt her body shaking. He tightened his hug. "Goenchana.. I'm here" he whispered, Ricky's eyes glanced to Kangta and gasped.

"Kang-nim.."

Kangta smiled and stood up, he bowed lightly, Ricky want to pulled Hyeji but seems Hyeji tighten her hug so Ricky couldn't move.

"Ricky'a.."

"How-when-but.." Ricky confused when he saw Kangta in Jeju, Hyeji shifted.

"I wanna go home..." Hyeji whispered. Ricky rounded his arm to Hyeji's and nodded.

"Okay, let's go home" Ricky said. Hyeji nodded. Ricky glanced back to Kangta and bowed. Kangta bowed back.

"Nice to meet you again, Kang-nim" Ricky said. Kangta smiled and nodded.

"Be careful" he said and glanced to Hyeji who avoided eye contact. He sighed.

"We will.." Ricky said and walked together with Hyeji. Kangta saw them with sad eyes but then he sighed.

-------------------------------
 

Ljoe sat on the swing and swung slowly. He sighed and looked to the dark sky. He remebered every moment Hyeso and Kris, when they were together and how Hyeso now changed and seems laughed a lot. He remembered how Kris looked at her with his gentle eyes and talked to her with soft voice, the same way he did before when Hyeso was him. How Kris like to enveloped Hyeso with his arms and embraced her like he was afraid Hyeso would be hurt, the same way Ljoe did before when he and Hyeso were together.

Ljoe sighed one more time, he remembered when he arrived in Paris and tried hard to contact Hyeso but he couldn't. He remembered spent his days with missed her and looked at his cell phone because he saved a lot of her pictures there. He tried hard to forget her and accepted a girl who confessed to him, but he couldn't forget her 100%, she still there, inside his heart, deep inside. In the second year his stay in Paris, Ljoe heard that she was in China, because she want to try a lot of things. He's happy when he knew she's happy too.

Ljoe stood up and took a deep breath, he remembered his heart beat faster when he saw Hyeso in the airport, he thought he was ready, but he's not, she's more dazzling than he could remember and she still took his breath away. When he heard she called his name just like it used to be, he hold him self to not jumped to her, hugged her, squeezed her and claimed that lips to him. But when he saw she ran to other man embrace, he felt a slight pang inside his heart, he should be the one who hugged her, kissed her, whispered sweet nothing to her, and caressed her face just like he used to do. He heard when she said that that man is her fiancé; he could hear his heart broke into a million dusts. She wasn't him anymore; she will exchange vow with that man, and not him. But it was his karma, he wasn't do anything to get her back, he let her slipped away for 4 years and he didn't do anything to let her stay. So he kept silence when she told the family that she will get marry, with another man, unknown man, he doesn't know that man, was he good? Did that man love her the way he did? Did he protect her enough? Care for her enough?

Ljoe walked home, he sighed for the nth times that day, it should be okay, she's happy, that's enough for him, as long as she happy, even it wasn't from him, that it will be okay, he will be okay.

"Byunghun Oppa..." Hyeso called him when Ljoe opened the front door. Ljoe looked at her, she smiled softly. "Welcome home, dinner is ready" she said. Ljoe swallowed hard, maybe he won't be okay, if she smiled like that, he's afraid that he will lose himself again and will try to get her back, for his sake, for his happiness.

"Come, Oppa..." Hyeso said again. Ljoe nodded slowly

"I'll be there after I wash my hand" he murmured. Hyeso smiled and nodded. She leaved him stood there and went to Kris who already sat in the dinner room.

-----------------------------------