Chapter 5

In Time

Amira's POV:

                            *Door Slams* "What the hell is wrong with him?!" I threw my binder at my desk. "*mimicking* It's nothing to be ashamed of~" I took off my boots and threw them at the nearest wall and plopped down on my bed. " There's plenty to be ashamed of especially if you tell the whole world, idiot!" I was on the verge of tears and he didn't say anything to his friends. It amazes me that I heard them and he didn't.. or did he? I buried my face in the pillow. ~Fallin Out by Keyshia Cole playing~ I took my phone out my pocket to see who it was. Speaking of the idiot.

                                                                                                                                                From: Seungri

                                                                                                                                                 To: Amira

                                                                                                                                                 Thurs 4/16 3:49

                             Here it is:

                           -Eat 3 small meals consisting of fruit and vegetables

                           - Exercise 2 times a day

                           -Drink water and if you need a boost, people recommend to drink energy drinks

              "Whatever happened to liking me for who I am.." I mumble throwing my phone on the bed. I know this is my anger talking and not my usual self, the quiet, timid me who holds all her feelings in.I know that he is only concerned and that it he means no harm. Negativity starts to inch its way into my hear but I shrug it off. I've decided to do it.. for him, for us.

                                                                              -Few Days Later-

                             I started the diet as soon as I got home on Friday and I feel like I got hit by a car. My body aches and I ALWAYS have hunger pains. And don't get me started on the food. Don't get me wrong, I love fruits and vegetables, but they are starting to taste like cardboard. Don't ask me how I know what cardboard taste like, because I don't.I feel like the energy in my body is being dragged out of me, like I never went to sleep. Today is Sunday... I think. Look, Im even loosing track of time! Ruining my hands through my hair and sighing, I went to the bathroom to get on the scale. I looked down at the demonic device and closed my eyes. One foot at a time, I got on then it beeped, that dreadful noise. Looking down, it read that I lost 2 pounds. I felt a smile crawl on my face. 2 pounds isn't much but it's a great start. He will be proud of me. *stomach growls* Time to go eat some real food, I deserve it.

            No One's POV: 

                 Grabbing her keys, Amira walked out the house. ' I wish I had a car right about now.' She sat on the bench and waited for the bus, which she hated to do.Pulling out her phone,she decided that now would be a good time to work on her highscore in Temple Run. She didn't know why but it was an addictive game. She felt a slight pressure on the bench, letting her know someone sat down but didn't take her attention from the game. "I see you are a fan of that game also." "Yes, it's actually fun." "Hehe, I see." 'Hmmm that laugh sounded familar.' Then it dawned on her. She turned to see Onew smiling like a maniac. " I was wondering when you were gonna look up. You know, I could've been a killer or a kidnapper. You know not to talk to strangers, young lady." He had a serious look on his face but it was apparrent that he was playing. She laughed alittle. "Im sorry mom, it won't happen again." It was now his turn to laugh. "Ahem.. So where are you going to day, Amira?" "No where special, I just wanted to get out the house. You?" "Actually, I was planning on getting some fried chicken, you wanna come?" Amira smiled "Sure!"

                                The bus finally came and they got on. "So what chicken place are we eating at?" "KFC." "KFC?! Their chicken is dry, why not Churches?" "Bwoa, KFC chicken is amazing! Unlike Churches, KFC chicken isn't loaded with grease. It's nice and juicy and tender." "Ha!What chicken have you been eating because the KFC chicken I ate was dry like a Thanksgiving Turkey?" "Its different at each restuarant, you know. Don't worry, the one we are going to has the best chicken you have ever had in your ENTIRE life!" Slightly annoyed people glared at them. They apologized and the people looked away. "Okay if you say so." Remembering that she had her game paused, she took out her phone and resumed playing it. Onew would occassionly look down at her playing. "You make it seem so easy." he said pouting. " It kinda is. All you do is use your fingers to control your person and keep away from the monkeys, how hard is that?" "They cheat!" "Ooorrrr maybe you at the game." "Is that a challenge?" "Hmmmmm maybe." She said smirking. He whipped out his phone. "Challenge accepted!" They became engrossed in the game battle. You would hear occassionally grunts from both of them but they mainly come from Onew. ".....No! Forget this!" "Hehe told ya~" "Yeah, yeah."

                                The ride seemed like forever but they finally reached their destination. Getting off Onew turned around. "Stay close.You don't want to get lost through the crowd." She grabbed a hold of his sleeve and followed him through the crowd. "We're here." Amira looked up to see the restuarant. "Well come on." He held the door open. She mumbled her thanks and went in. "Go find a table and I'll get the food, okay?" Amira nodded and went to find a table. She found a table near the window and sat in the chair behind a sitting booth. A few minutes later, Onew came back with a 6-piece meal and 2 meduium sized cups. "Here we are... What do you want to drink?" "Oh, I'll get the drinks." She said getting up and grabbing the cups. "But-" "No buts, what do you want to drink?" Onew pouted. "Coke." She smiled. "One coke coming up." She returned with the drinks and straws and took her seat. " Here." "Thank you." "Mhmm.How was your weekend?" "It was okay but today is great." She looked up. "Why you say that?" "Because Im hanging out with a friend. What about you?" He said smiling before taking a bit of his chicken. "I was upset for most of the weekend." "Why?" "Well, something happened on Thursday while on the bus with Seungri." "What happened?" "He wanted to bring up something very... private on the bus and I didn't want to talk about it on the bus around his friends because they are jerks. We argued alittle until he decided to text it to me.Do you think I was being mean?" He gulped down the coke and cleared his throat.

                        "No and if it is something that is private that noone should be hearing, he should have respected your wishes and not proceed to bring it up. You know Amira, you can't always think about other people's feelings if it gets in the way of your happiness." "I know but I can't help it." She said while analyzing the chicken before biting it. "O my gosh! It's so delicious!" She had practically screamed of delight. It was exactly how Onew had described it. He chuckled. "I told ya and I know being nice, considerate and quiet is a part of your personality, but letting people use this as an advantage will only get you walked all over.. I have my expierences." "I guess so." She smiled sadly. It was silent for awhile before Onew broke the silence by holding out a chicken drum. "Let's make a promise." "What is the promise?" "That we will remain friends and that we will talk to eachother if we have troubles." He said while smiling. She couldn't help but do the same. "Okay." She grabbed an uneaten chicken drum and tapped on his chicken. "I promise."

     Amira's POV:         

          Onew and I exchanged numbers before parting our ways after 3rd Block. It was luchtime and I couldn't wait to tell Seungri my progress. I did my usual routine but instead went into salad line. When I came back to the table, I found Seungri already sitting there..That's a first. "Hey, jagiya."  "Hi." "So how's the progress?" No how was your day? "I lost 2 pounds, isn't that great?" "That's all?" My heart felt heavy and my throat became dry and I couldn't swallow. "Wha-what?" "Well I have known people to lose 5 pounds in a week." "Shouldn't you be happy for me though?" "Yeah, I am-*Phone vibrates*.Hold on, I'll be back." I watched him leave. Im so confused right now...

 

 

Annyeong everyone! Please comment and tell me how you like this Chappy. I might have the next chapter tomorrow.