Chapter 12

In Time

Hey! Im gonna double post and go ahead and finish In Time. Im glad that you guys enjoyed this story. This chapter is meh but the next one will be better.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

      

        I climbed into the bus and quickly sat down in my seat, excitement coursing through my bones. Today I'll be able to see Onew. Wednesday and Thursday he spent the day getting his papers filled out and today he didn't come to school. I looked up to see a person I didn't want to see. We made eye contact for a second before I looked outside the window, watching the people pass by. Then, I felt a pressure on my seat......great. Just my luck... I feel him boaring holes into the side of my head but I refuse to acknowledge his presence. "So now you ignore me?" I scoffed and looked at him. "Why should I not?" "I know Im wrong but hear me out." "Hear you out? Ha! I heard enough." I averted my attention away from him and back out the window. "Im sorry."

         "Sorry doesn't help how you shot down my self esteem to its low. I cried almost everyday because of YOU. Sorry doesn't help the fact you walked all over me and crushed every ounce of love I had for you; you used me for a bet, Suengri, a bet! Do you know how much that hurt me? I was stupid and blinded by, what I thought was love but actually desperation, that I completely ignored my own feelings. You were the first person I went out with and I regret it. Point is, the cracks in my heart you created is still there; I don't even really want to speak with you right now." I took in a deep breath to calm my rapidly beating heart. 

       There was a long pause before he got up. "Im- im sorry for all the pain I caused you." "Suengri, I've already forgiven you. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to say what I just said." I loked at him to make sure he understood. He nodded and went to the back of the bus where his friends were.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 

     I quickly took a shower and was debating on whether to dress up or not. I mean, its not gonna be a date or anything, just hanging together. I decided on a floral gray tank , grey skinny jeans, and grey sandals with roses on them. I unraveled my hair out of its bun and put it unto a ponytail, leaving a side bang; I took out my curling wand and started curling my ends. When I was on my last piece, my phone went off. I finished my curling and unplugged the wand before picking up my phone and read the text:

                                                                                                                                                                           From: Onew

                                                                                                                                                                                  5:05 pm

Are you ready?

                                                                                                                                                                           From: Amira

                                                                                                                                                                                  5:07 pm

Yes

                                                                                                                                                                           From: Onew

                                                                                                                                                                                  5:09 pm

Okay, Im outside.      

                                                                                                                                                                           From: Amira

                                                                                                                                                                                   5:10 pm

Ok, Im coming down now.

     

       I grabbed my tan purse and drapped it across my shoulder, checked my appearance, and walked out the front door. I stepped outside to see Onew in light purple button up shirt, denim jeans, and it was finshed off with grey Levis; he was looking good. One of his signature smiles appeared on his face when he saw me. "You look good. Like my car?" I was so busy staring him down that I didn't notice the black Impala LT sitting behind him. "You look good yourself and I love it!" "Well, I do dress up nicely." He said pulling at his collar like you would a tie. I laughed and punched his arm lightly. "Oh why yes you do." He chuckled and jogged to the passenger door and held it open. "Here, my fair lady." He said with a proper voice. "Why thank you, kind sir." I did a little courtesy before getting in. He giggled and jogged to his door and got in. "Let's go!" He shouted and cranked up the car.

       On the road, we talked alittle but it was mainly quiet on our way there. Wait, where are we going? "Onew?" "Hmm?" "Where are we going? You never told me." "To the amusement park." "Yay!" "Heh, your like a little kid."

 

No One's POV:

       (While writing this segment, I listened to EXO-Peter Pan (korean version)...well halfway)   They arrived at the amusement park and got their pass cards. "Shall we?" Onew asked grabbing her hand. "Let's go!" She gave his hand a squeeze and he lead the way. "Which ride do you want to get on?" "Ummm so many to choose from....bumper cars?" "Ok,sure!" 

       After getting off the bumper cars and riding a few more rides, they decided to grab a quick bite and head home. "Thank you for today. I really enjoyed myself." Amira said after a moment. "Im glad you did; I did too." He looked at her with the biggest smile on his face. She had a question she wanted to ask but knew it was for her own selfish reasons. "So, Sunday?" "Yeah. Im leaving for Seoul at 7:30 am." "Jeezz so early?" " Well, you know Korea is 14 hours away." "I know but what happens if you decide not to get on the plane?" "We lose our chance. Our hopes and dreams will be washed down the drain...again.. What's with these questions?" "Nothing." "Its something if you asked them." "Its really nothing." "Its something, tell me." "No, I can't." "Please?" "No" "Why, I wanna know?" "You really want to know?" He nodded.

        "Ok, truth is, I want you to stay. There, happy?" It comes out as a whisper but it doesnt go unheard. "I can't believe this." "Onew this is why I-" "You- you get me hopes up and tell me to audition again,make me feel good and confident, then tell me to drop it all because you want me stay? You're just like her.." "Who? What- this is why I didn't want to tell you." "My past girlfriend. I gave up my dream, our dream, once for for her and she ended up leaving me for some guy.....What ever happened to rooting me on? Rooting me on doesn't mean preventing me from following my dreams. Ha, I can't do what you're asking me to do now no matter how much I love you." A gasp left both of their lips. "Wha-what?" "You heard me, I love you! I loved you since I met you. Do you know how much it hurt me to see you with that , seeing you cry and sad? I just wanted to beat him to a pulp. Do you know I confessed to you before, through a song, but I knew you wouldn't hear it..I knew it. I love you so much it hurts to leave but I can't let that get in the way noe. I let the guys down and myself down once snd Im pretty sure you don't feel the same.

        "Onew-" "We are here." He announced before stepping out and going around to open her door. "Im-" "Have a good night Amira...and a great life." He said it all with a bitter smile and got in the car, driving off. 'This is not what I wanted. God, Im so stupid.'

  //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 Amira's POV:

     A whole day without hearing his sweet voice or seeing him at all is like torture. It hurts...so much and this is all my fault. Why did I have to open my big mouth and say something? And...he loves me. Fresh tears form at my eyes. "I can't believe it." He confesses to me then says goodbye...forever. And he'll never know how I feel....or will he? I picked up my phone and dailed his number ; it went straight to voicemail. "Damn.." I need to tell him how I feel but exactly how? Only way is if I "Go to the airport...." The airport! If I catch him before he goes, he'll know and Ill be at rest and Im sure he will too. He leaves at 7:30...I'll have to wake up early and make sure I catch him before he goes.