3.

⚜ His Lost Love

[4 years later – 22 years old]

“Miyoung, He wants to see you in his office.” Your coworker said as she tapped on your desk.

After moving to Busan and graduating early from business school.  You took up a job at a high class hotel and resort.  You were slowly working your way up the ladder.  You were head of the organization and event planning for the hotel in Busan.

You knocked on the door before walking inside, “De? You wanted to see me?”

Your young and handsome boss, Jihyun, nodded, “Close the door and come sit.”

You nodded before doing as you were told.

“You’re a great value in this hotel, Miyoung, and I know you’ve been trying to reach the top, and yes it is a slow process, but I’m thankful that this hotel has someone like you.”  He moved some files onto his desk.

“Ah, thank you.”  You told him before he smiled.

“The company over in Seoul is having some problems right now.  They’ve laid off 300 workers total from 3 hotels because of financial issues and the director of expansion for a scandal.  They’re currently looking at other hotels they have in Korea for potential leaders and because the business in Busan is doing fairly well I’ve recommended you to them.”

You looked up from your lap.

“They decided to hire you on the spot after I told them about you and your academic background.”

You were shocked at the news; you enjoyed being at this hotel, near the sea, but you’ve always wanted to go beyond just being the leader of a hotel.  If you became the director for expansion that watched over the company’s growth, you would be where you’ve always wanted to be.

“They bought a ticket for you already and want to meet with you as soon as possible.”

Was this real?

Am I dreaming?

He slid the ticket across the table, “Plane leaves in 2 days.”  You looked up shocked, “2 days?”  He nodded, “I’ll transfer your things over to the office.  I suggest you clean up your stuff today.”

You nodded excitedly, “De! Of course! Thank you for this!” You bowed over and over again as you walked to the door.

“Oh! Miyoung, also, wear that nice blazer you wore on your first interview here.”

You cocked your head, “Mwuh?”

He chuckled, “The blazer that makes you look good and professional.  Wear it; it’ll leave an great impression.”  He said before shooing you out.

 “ahh~” You finally registered it.

Sehun’s suit-jacket you kept.  You altered the shoulders and fixed the waist line just a bit.  Every time you wore it, something good happened.

It was your favorite piece of clothing.  It was your lucky charm.


[Seoul]

You searched through the crowds of people, trying to get away.  “Why are there so many people here?” You cursed before someone called your name.

You whipped your head around and saw a girl jumping up and down. 

“Eunaee!!!!” You shouted excitedly before pushing your way to her and giving her a hug.

“Oh my goodness woman! I haven’t seen you in forever!” Eunae shouted as you two hugged.  You chuckled, “I was here to visit 6 months ago, idiot.”

She knuckled your head, “Yah! That’s a long time for me, okay! Come on, I prepared a room and everything for you already.” She said helping you with your belongings and taking you to her place, where you will be living also.


“I’m excited!” You squealed as she dropped you off, “Don’t do anything dumb, okay? Like trip…or make a weird comment.”  Eunae teased before you shot her a glare, “Oh my goodness…bye Eunae.” You said as you closed the door.

You walked inside the building and walked up to the front counters, “I’m here for an interview for the head of the expansi—“

“Floor 14, wait in the lobby.” The receptionist said without looking from her computer.

You pursed your lips before walking to the elevator.

You sat patiently in the lobby alone.

 “Ma’am?” A lady said from behind the desk.  You got up and walked over, “De?”

 “You may enter the room now.”

You sighed trying to calm your nerves before taking off the blazer and walking to the door.  You knocked 3 times before opening.

A young man a little older than you looked up from some files.  He smiled, showing his dimples as his eyes twinkled, “Ms. Park, please close the door behind you and sit.”  You did as you were told.

“Well, the chairman has given this position to you.  You will be introducing yourself to the head director in a bit, after he comes back from his meeting.  There are a lot of things going on right now, but the chairman and I both put our trust in you.  After the introductions, the director will give you a run down on things around here and you will begin working immediately, looking into land, helping our financial issues.  I’ve read that you planned events in Busan, the chairman wanted you to organize an event that will help the resort in Amori, Japan.  This is just some of the things you will be doing.  I suggest you take note.”

You sighed before nodding and getting out your laptop.

The door opened as you were setting up.  2 voices were arguing over a topic.

“Ms. Park, the director,”

You stood up and turned around.

“…Oh Sehun. Director Oh, this is Park Miyoung, the new director of Expansion.”

You swallowed.  Sehun glanced at you once before saying, “Kang Maru…”

The guy that introduced you walked up, “De?”

“Show Director Lee out, I’ll continue this matter later.”  Kang Maru bowed before showing the other guy out.

Your eyes never left him as he walked behind his desk and took out some files.  “Sit.”

You slowly sat down before he looked up and your eyes locked.

He cleared his throat, “T-These are our current plans for development.”  He said sliding an open folder to you.  You sat up and pushed the memories away before forcing yourself to look through the file as he spoke, “We’re looking into the land on Jeju Island to build the next resort, but we can’t until our financial issues are taken care of. 2 groups have already pulled out of this project.  I’m hoping Mr. Kang has told you of the event we’re hoping you’ll be able to plan?” He asked as you looked up and nodded.

“Good, the event is to be set in a month. I’m hoping this will give you enough time to set everything.  The event will be in Amori, Japan, our newest resort location.  I’ll be taking you there in a couple of days so you will be able to see the resort and how beautiful it is so you can plan accordingly.”

You nodded without looking up.

There was a knock at the door before it opened.  “Director Oh, Director Kim from Daeil Group is here.”  Sehun nodded before getting up as the Director Kim walked in.

“Oh Se—Oh! Who’s this?”  He asked walking over.  Sehun looked at you and signaled you to stand.

“Annyeonghasaeyo,  Park Miyoung-mnida, the new director of expansion.” You bowed politely.  “Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Jongin. Director of Daeil Group, and next in heir.”  He smiled.

“Yah, Kim Jongin, we’re busy right now so if you don’t have anything then please—“

“I actually do have matter to discuss with you.” He tone changed from friendly and cheerful to a more serious tone.

Sehun turned and looked at you.  “I will be taking my leave then.” You muttered before bowing.

He nodded before going to his desk and handing you a handful of files, “Look through these for tomorrow please.”

You nodded before leaving the room.

Once you left, you let out a deep breath.

Sehun…I’m working with him?  After 4 years. How can I be so stupid to not even be able to tell this was their company, Pabo.

You hit your head with the files in your hand repeatedly before you heard someone say your name.

“You forgot your blazer.”  You turned around and saw Sehun holding it out to you.  You quickly walked over and grabbed it, “Gumwo.” You said before walking to the elevator.

“Aish…I’m going to die.”


WOOTWOOT. Sorry if you didn't like this update. -.-"

I'll try harder.

Until then,

Comment and Subscribe!?

--Miyoung:))