A Stranger

Maybe Losing Your Memory Was A Good Thing
The lights to the emergency room was still lited up but your mom went back to work as she couldn't wait longer since she couldn't get her boss to let her take a leave. Jun stared at the emergency room while pacing around the hall, anxious for the results. He bit his bottom lip as he took a deep breathe.
 
The only thing that the nurses informed him was that your fever has reached above 45 degrees Celsius and there was a possibility of you becoming a vegetable after this.
 
*Babo Jae Ri. Why didn't you go to the doctor like I asked you to? Now isn't this worse? This will cause a bomb. Jae Ri, sometimes I wonder whether you have common sense or not.*
 
Jun sighed as he kicked his legs around, his eyes glued onto the emergency room. Just as he was about to ask the nurse if we're about to come out soon, the lights went off and he quickly sprinted towards the door.
 
The doctor came out with a displeased look as he glared at Jun, "Are you her guardian?" Jun nodded as he looked at the doctor impatiently for an update of your health.
 
Before he knew it, the doctor started lecturing him, "What were you thinking when you left a minor who was sick alone at home? Moreover, you even made her go to school this morning! You do know after this situation, we simply have the rights to sue you for improper guidance and therefore send her to the children's home?"

Your oppa grew really pissed and annoyed at the doctor's accusation. Firstly, he did try to make you stay at home but you were the one who insisted on going to school. Secondly, he wanted to stay at home and take care of you but you refused to let him do so. Thirdly, how dare he threatened him to take you away when you were his sister.

He loved you as a sister and he was sure he wouldn't let anyone take you away. Or would the fact that he loved you as a sister had any changes.
 
"So may I know how is my sister?" Jun crossed his arms impatiently as the doctor sighed, "You may count your sister luck-..."
 
"I asked, how is my sister." Jun snapped as the doctor went on, " Your sister was lucky. Her brain isn't burnt badly-..."
Jun sighed in relief and broke into a wide smile but his smile faded when the doctor spoke, "But,"
 
Jun frowned as he glared at the doctor. "But what?"
 
The doctor heaved a deep sigh, "Just go in and turn right. It's her ward. See for yourself." Jun rolled his eyes as he ran in the ward. There you were, your head bandaged, sleeping peacefully.
 
Jun quickly looked at you from your head to your toes, absolutely nothing wrong. *That weird doctor said that her brain wasn't burnt badly so what happened to her?!* Jun flexed his fist as he turned around, only to face the doctor he was speaking to just now.
 
"As you can see her brain burnt the side of her brain, resulting in possibly permanent loss of memory. We will have to observe her daily movements and she would have to go through X-Ray before we can tell you which one she's suffering from." The doctor explained.
 
Jun gritted his teeth as he continuously blamed himself for causing you to go through do much pain. "I should have insisted on staying at home to take care of her. That babo." Jun mumbled as he turned to hold your hand.

Jun brushed your hair to the side as he kept on blaming himself for your pain. "If only I insisted." Jun tried his best not to tear as he stared at your weak breathing noises. He had dedicated his whole future for yours and if you became a vegetable, what was the use of him sacrificing his whole future for you?

 

The sun was down and you woke up with a throbbing pain at the back of your head. It was as if someone was continuously hitting the back of your head.You closed your eyes as you rubbed the back of your head. That simply did not calm that throbbing sensation.

"Ack." you groaned in pain as you clutched onto your hair, trying your best to bear with the pain. Jun woke up, startled by your groans. "Yah Jae Ri ah, is it painful? Here, your painkillers." Jun quickly yanked the packets of painkillers from the side table and passed you a glass of water.

You held the glass of water and lifted it to your mouth but before you could even take a slip, your hands felt weak and the glass of water tumbled down onto your clothes. Jun looked at you with a pained expression before he poured another glass of water for you. In the mean time, you held both hands onto your head, hoping it would ease the pain. But it didn't.

After much difficulty, you swallowed the pills with Jun's help. The minute the throbbing sensation calmed down, you stared at Jun. "Thanks mister." You were about to lay back down when Jun quickly held your wrists. "How are you feeling?"

You glared at him as you pulled your hands away from him. "As you can tell, I was in a lot of pain. And it's not getting any better when I have to rely on someone for pills. Thank you for your help but can you leave? I want to rest." You closed your eyes as you laid back down.

Jun felt a lump in his throat as he stared at your cold reactions. "Don't you know who I am?"

You didn't even open your eyes to look at him as you replied coldly, "A stranger." You snuggled into your bed as Jun fell back and he stared at you blankly. Did you just say that he was a stranger?

His lovely bright sister just said that he was a stranger.

 

[ Yeah awkward as it sounds, she is here! The cold Jae Ri>< Muahahaha!! okay time to plan the rest of this story ~.~ Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I tried 'Your oppa' but it sounds weird too so I'll just call him Jun :D]