Triangle

Maybe Losing Your Memory Was A Good Thing

You hugged your knees tightly as you could taste a bitter feeling in your mouth. You blinked several times as the bus continued the ride. *I want to leave this place for good. Why is this so tiring?* "Stupid stupid stupid." You tugged your dark red hair as you fiddled with your phone.

'One missed call from Omma.' You made a face before locking your phone again. You looked out of the window and bit your lips. That was the only way to do things, wasn't it? 

"Miss Jae Ri." the girl called as you looked at her in your soggy clothes. She had huge sunglasses, fluffy pink coat and pink spicky heels. You frowned at this woman's unique style. "And you are?" 

She smirked, "Well, I was thinking about talking to Kang Jun oppa until I saw what was happening out there." the woman crossed her ams as she eyed Jun who was still looking right and left for you. You didn't flinched as you stared at her straight to the eye, "Oppa? Aren't you much older than him?"

The woman gaped at your reactions and boy, how much she felt like slapping you right there and then. She quickly regained her posture as she faked a smile, "Well, what I'm trying to say is that whatever you're doing now, is full of ." You took a deep breathe as she continued, "My point is, you guys are siblings aren't you? It's just like seeing an movie, with you two as the main characters. You get it, don't you?"

You looked down to your shoes, clear of what she's trying to say. You've known that for the longest time but you couldn't bear to admit it and the only way was to not admit that Jun was your oppa. You've tried that but Jun kept on bugging you to call him oppa. It was difficult. "And what has this got to do with you? You're not someone I know so how do you know my name?" 

She scoffed and held out her hands. Her nails were polished with bright hot pink and you felt disgusted just looking at it. "I'm Haejung. Your brother's high school friend and let's be honest. I actually like him. And I want the both of you to be sure of your relationship with each other. It's nothing more than a brother and a sister." Your eyes twitched at her words. "And what is it that you want me to do?"

Haejung crossed her arms and leaned on the pillar, smiling, "Leave tonight. Make him understand that there's no way the both of you can progress more than just siblings. I'm sure you're mature enough to handle such things, aren't you?" You rolled your eyes as you walked off. 

"Oppa..."  You mumbled as you stared at the scenery, longing to get down the bus and run back to his arms like a lost puppy. You shook your head violently as you thought of the metaphor. *Lost puppy. Heh, I'm too cool for that.*

---

Jun poked the sand as he stared at the dark sky. *No stars tonight.* You kept on coming in to his mind and he couldn't help but feel more and more puzzled about what's going on. *Does that mean that Jae Ri actually felt the same as me?*

Jun was about to close his eyes and take a short nap when someone called out, "Kang Jun shi?" Jun's eyes pinched together as he looked up. "Omo, it's you, Haejung! What a coincidence!" Jun gasped as he quickly stood up and bowed. "I was here for a project with my college friends. And you?" Haejung asked innocently as Jun softened at the thought of his motive of coming here, "For a vacation."

Haejung nodded and smiled, "How's life going? Are you intending to take the college entrance exams now? I mean your sister should be doing fine right?" Jun's face hardened as he replied, "She recently got into a car accident and she lost all her memories." 

Haejung faked a gasp, as if she didn't know that. "So you're taking care of her now?"

Jun chuckled, "She's stronger than you think, she's definitely good on her own." His voice flattered at the last part. On her own...  Can he actually leave her alone after all the times they been through?

Haejung sat down beside Jun and sighed, "It's not fair how life's always been hard for you. Both are you like born smart and yet the both of you always have problems before you. Sometimes I always wondered, is it really worth it for you to sacrifice your future for this girl? I know she's your sister but after all, her life is her life."

Jun nodded immediately as he sat down beside Haejung, "It's all worth it." Haejung stiffened as she tried to continue with a bright smile, "And if anything happens to me,  will you do the same? Would ever think that the time spent on me is worth it as well?" Jun froze as he stared at her. Haejung laughed awkwardly as she quickly brushed it off, "I should go now. We should catch up another time, yeah?"

Jun nodded and looked at her sincerely, "Haejung ah, if there's any problems, I'll definitely help you out and you're important to everyone and everyone would think that time spent on you is worth it, alright?" Haejung looked away as he waved her goodbye.

*And this is why I can't let you fall in love with the wrong person.*

 

[ Here's a short update! Ppyong~]