Engagement

Maybe Losing Your Memory Was A Good Thing

You tapped your brown geek spectacles, sighing as "I Confess" by FT Island played in the background.

You blew a raspberry as you watched the snowflakes descend down gracefully onto the ground. The guitar in the background was really fitting this atmosphere.

You sighed before looking back at your huge, thick textbook and the notes spread around it.

Just when you were about to continue studying, someone started singing the lyrics of "I Confess".

At first, it sounded so good. Sounded so nice. Sounded like it was recorded. But it wasn't because the voice...

*That voice.*

Your eyes widened as you turned around, to see him, on his knees, placing the guitar on the floor and a unique ring in his other hand. His hands were shaking hard, signs of being very nervous.

You smiled as you whispered, "I knew you would come back."

"So, will you be my fiance?" He looked up, the familiar teasing smile.

You bit your lips from bursting into tears and took the ring with a huge smile. "Yes."

Cheers and applause sounded. You squeezed him tightly the ring on your finger.

 

Wait a second, how did we end up here?

Let's rewind the time to 3 years ago.
---

"He hasn't replied our calls. The phone we dialed was unavailable. He hasn't left the country either. Should we just make a police report?" Haejung asked as she yanked her hair in frustration.

"What is he? A magician? He just vanished from that night and then there's no contact from him? He's not the type to abandon his two ladies at home and run off. That's not like him. He wouldn't leave all the financial burdens on you two. Besides, your SATs are coming." T.K eyed you and you gulped.

"How do you expect me to take the exams without knowing about the whereabouts of him? I don't get it. Unless he heard our conversation, I doubt he would be so emotionally hurt that he disappeared like that. And please, don't report this to the police. I trust oppa that he's fine. I know it." You touched the brown spectacles on with a soft smile.

"Just because he kept on writing letters to you? Maybe then I would've believed you. But it's been two months since he last wrote a letter to you. Why don't you guys sense the danger in this?" T.K argued, a visible frustrated look on his face.

You kept quiet as T.K continued, "You have to understand that your mom is worried about him too. She thinks his disappearance is because of her scolding him. She blames herself. She hasn't showed it because she continues to work like crazy but you need to understand, your mom wants to see her desperately. Even if it means accepting the relationship of both of you."

"He stopped writing letters. There has to be a reason behind that. And I know what I doing. I trust him." You spoke in a softer voice.

"To the point that you would even choose your career path according to him? I don't understand. I really don't. Those spectacles. Yes, I know it was something he always had with him, as an accessory, but just because on the last day he wrote a letter and it came with that spectacles on top of his medicine book, you decided to be a pharmacist?" T.K shouted, his patience draining every passing second.

You gritted your teeth as your fists were tight in a ball. Who was he to tell you what you were doing? It was your life. And even if you went for this career, you wouldn't regret it. Yes, he still is your teacher. But no, he will not boss you around like that.

Haejung seemed to stand with you as she tugged T.K's arms, "Let her be. It's her choice. Your words won't dampened her. Their relationship is far too strong for anyone to break it. Oppa, let's just leave. Coming here everyday to try and convince Jae won't work. Let's try finding another alternative to track this guy down."

The both of them were about to leave when you called them, "Unnie, oppa. Don't try anymore. And congratulations on your wedding." You gave a small smile and Haejung grinned back. T.K pouted as he walked out when Haejung ran towards you to give you a hug, "I'm sorry for threatening you beforehand. I thought Kang Jun was someone I could get because he was unique and stuff-..."

You looked at her with raised eyebrows. She grinned and she waved you goodbye, "I meant that you should be thankful you have such a brother, although that he kinda abandoned you guys like a immature teen would do, he's still a rare gem."

---

"Stupid." You lightly kicked Jun's leg as he sat across you with a wide grin. "What's the use of coming back if you didn't intend to come back earlier on? Omma said she'll understand. Relatives said they would try to understand so why didn't you come back?" You went on as you felt tears welling up.

"I'm sorry, Jae Ri. Oppa wanted to know if you were actually recovered back then and went to the library to research when I actually found interest in learning about all these. I knew I was quite late so I quickly applied for a university overseas. I got a scholarship and left. I kind of told the guy helping you guys to not track me down with a little bit of threatening because I knew omma was still pissed off at me. And when I stopped writing letters to you, I was actually studying for a doctor's degree. I'm terribly sorry." Jun looked at you but you just couldn't stop the tears flowing down like a waterfall.

"But you do know because of your stupid spectacles that you left on top of your medical book, I decided to become a pharmacist? And because of that decision, I was always criticized?" You sighed and he nodded, "I kind of didn't expect you were so cuteeee to actually think there was some behind meaning to that. Aigoo, whatever it is, we can open our own clinic now, isn't that great?" Jun beamed.

Oh god, the smile and those eyes. How much have you missed this cutie.

"So you come back and suddenly get on your knees just cause you think I would accept. What made you so confid-.."

Jun pulled your hand as he leaned across the table, cutting off your words, he kissed your lips.

*Stupid, sly, idiotic et.*

 

 

[ Ending it faster because I need to concentrate on my studies which I haven't been doing. I may not be very active on aff but if you guys wanna like hmm talk to me, or like you know talk about kpop or anything, I'm always available on kik:D]