IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

READ: ITALICS are characters pov/thoughts. GREYS are flashbacks, it could be thougths/dialogue/events.

==============================================================================================

Another week has passed and everything seemed to be back to normal except the one-sided war Youngjae started against Yongguk. Ever since that Monday when Daehyun formally introduced each other, he has been ignoring the older boy efforts to be friends with him.

“Yongjae, this is Yongguk..and..Yongguk this is Youngjae my best friend..” Daehyun said standing between the two boys. He took side glances at both as he did the introduction. Yongguk had his usual neutral face. Youngjae, on the other hand, had this forced smile.

“hey man..nice to meet you..at last” Yongguk spoke first reaching his hand for a shake.

Youngjae looked down at the stretched arm and then to his face. He sneered as he showed no intention of taking the other’s hand.

“Hi” he said locking eyes with the older boy. Yongguk pulled back his hand his expression showed a bit of irritation.

Daehyun sighed as he sensed the building tension between the two. “hey..why don’t we all eat lunch at the cafeteria?” He stepped beside Yongguk hooking his arm on him. Youngjae was the first to release from their staring contest as his attention was caught by this action.

“I can’t..Jongup is waiting for me at the field..see you later..” Youngjae lied. He turned around and walked away from them mumbling words of threats for the very person he hated the most in the moment.

He planned on confronting the other to tell him that he knew about his secret affair. But he never had the chance. The boy’s fierce looks would cower him away even before he was able to start.

Yongguk, on the other hand, had been doing his best to ignore Youngjae’s obvious hate on him. Daehyun told him about the boy’s experience on bullies when he was younger and it made him assumed that this might be the reason to his behavior. He’s not a bully but he gives off the impression that he is one and he’s used to it. That’s why Yongguk just shrugged away this not so nice treatment. As long as it would not affect his relationship with Daehyun, he’s fine with it.

Daehyun was all aware of this. He didn’t want to share his conversation he had with Youngjae last weekend so he just told Yongguk a fake reason about the boy’s attitude towards him. He knew that the boy is still jealous of his relationship with Yongguk and that he is afraid to lose him as a friend. He wanted to assure the other that none of those fears will happen so he made sure that he divided his attention to both of them equally. He hoped that this is just a phase and not something that should be taken seriously. But what he didn’t know is that his friend has a completely different reason and he had been secretly planning on exposing it as soon as possible.

===============================================

“so from here..you will just divide this..and there..you have your answer..” Youngjae said dropping his pen on top of the book looking all proud about his work.

“uhmm..why divide?..” Jongup asked scratching the back of his head as he leaned closer on the textbook. Youngjae’s grin disappeared as he looked at his friend’s confused face.

“it’s in the formula..yah..Jongup, we’ve been doing this over an hour now..you still didn’t get it..ah jinjja..” Youngjae whined.

“oh..which formula should I use again in this ki..”

“yah..you’re a pabo..jongup pabo..” Youngjae slammed his hand on the book before standing up from his chair. “I give up..i can’t do this anymore..find someone that have the patience to teach you..”

“but..”

“no buts..argh..i’m having a headache..” he went back to his seat near the window massaging his temples as he settled himself on his chair. He closed his eyes before burying his face on his backpack laid on top of his table. After some time, he heard noises coming from the hallways. He lifted his head to look at the source of all those commotions. He squinted his eyes as he tried to take in the image he was seeing by the doorway.

He looks familiar..where did I see him..? where di..

Youngjae shot up from his seat as he remembered that stranger’s face. He couldn’t forget that cocky smile and his bold gestures.

“what is he doing here?” He whispered to himself as he watched a boy being swarmed by girls from his class.

 

==============================================

“oppa..are you looking for someone?” a girl asked sweetly as she stared at the tall boy in front her.

The said boy smiled taking his glasses off making the girls squeal with delight. He reached for the girl’s loose strand of hair and tucked it behind her ear. “can you help me?..i’m looking for a Jung Da..”

“excuse me” to his surprise, he felt a tight grip on his arm and before he knew it he was being drag away from the crowd. He looked at his captor but failed to know who it was as his back was the one facing him. It took them some minutes before he find himself being thrown against a wall, a fuming high school boy in sight.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING HERE?..YOU GOT SOME NERVES TO SHOW YOURSELF HERE..YOU..” Himchan was shocked by the sudden attack of words from the boy. He was speechless for a moment as he watched the other pacing and muttering to himself.

“uhmm..hey ca..”

“SHUT UP..don’t speak” Himchan nodded as he leaned his back against the concrete. “wait..why are you here?”

Himchan let out a soft cough before he started to speak. “well..i’m himchan, by the way..i’m..“

“I’m not interested on you..just tell me your purpose..”

Himchan exhaled trying his best to control his temper. He’s not here to start a fight with some immature high school boy. He looked at the boy with a smile.

Wait..i know you..you look familiar..hmm..where did I see you?

“yah..why are staring?..answer my question..NOW..why are yo..”

“yeah..that’s right..you are that guy in the café..that cute boy..what a small world..”

===============================================

Cute boy?

Youngjae was silent for seconds before he stepped back, away from the other. He heaved a deep sigh as he tried to get back his momentum. Himchan’s words seem to the energy he had at the start.

“it’s really a small world..who would ever thought I will meet you again..” He watched the older boy pushed himself away from the wall a playful smirk gracing his face. “you know it was a shame that we didn’t able to pursue what we had last weekend..”

“what are you talking about?” Youngjae furrowed his brow totally clueless of what the other was saying. Himchan put a hand on his shoulder and looked at him with saddened eyes. 

“I wish to continue what we started and know each other more..but too bad I’m here for a special mission..maybe next time..” Himchan patted his shoulder before backing away from him.

What?..special mission..

“oh..do you know a Jung Daehyun? He’s a student here so I think you might know him..” Youngjae’s eyes grew bigger upon hearing his friend’s name.

Why is he looking for Daehyun?..is he here to do something to him?..don’t tell me he’s here to..omo..is he going to tell Daehyun everything?..and he will tell him to leave that Yongguk..Daehyun will not just accept this and then..they will fight..then everybody will know about Daehyun’s secret..and for the worst..everyone will think Daehyun is the ‘other woman’..no I mean man..

“hello..are you still there?” Hands swaying in front of his face were the first thing he saw when he was brought back from his thoughts. He quickly swatted them away earning a silent wail from the other.

“ok..you’re being too much..first you drag me here..then shouted at me..and now you just hit me..if you don’t know him you can tell it to me in a gentler way.. I better leave now..”

“Wait.” Youngjae shouted but the other didn’t even stop on his track. “I said STOP..”

“what now?” Himchan snapped. His expression showed impatience and displeasure.

“you..you can’t just go there..you’re not from here..i will report it if you dare to go back up there..”

Himchan ran a hand though his jet black hair before returning to his position in front of Youngjae. “report?..what will you report?..”

“uhmm..” Youngjae averted his gaze as he searched for anything to say. “I’ll report..tresspassing?..” It came out more like a question than a warning earning a short laugh from the other.

“I’m not joking..i’ll report you..”

“go on..if you want I can come with you..but no..i have more important thing to do”

Youngjae started to panic as he watched the boy gaining distance from him. “you’re harassing me..” he blurted out unconsciously. The other stopped from moving. “yeah..i’ll report that..you are harassing a weak high school student.”

Youngjae grinned as his words affected the boy. He watched as Himchan getting closer to him again.

“WHAT?!..are you crazy or something?..if you have issues then don’t drag me into it..”

Youngjae’s mocking expression made Himchan let out a frustrated groan. “why are you doing this?..what exactly is my fault for you to do this?”

Youngjae shrugged his shoulder, his grin getting wider as he felt satisfied with the result of his actions. Himchan was already pissed.

“I’m not here to play, kid..tell me your problem so I can leave with peace..”

“leave.” Youngjae said. “and don’t come back..”

Himchan pinched the bridge of his nose trying to calm himself down.

I would not lose my temper with this kid..you’re a sophisticated man, himchan…you will just step away from here..and find that daehyun then go home..

“hey..you’re leaving now..that’s good..great decision..just leave and never come here..and don’t you ever dare again to look and even get close to Daehyun..”

Himchan stopped, turned around slowly, a smirk getting visible in his lips. He shook his head as he sauntered his way back to Youngjae.

“so..you know this Jung Daehyun..aha..i think I understand now why you’re being rude to me..”

“wh..at..w..what are you..sa..ying?” Youngjae stuttered as he knew he was busted.

“c’mon..you’re stopping me from finding that Daehyun..are you working for him?”

Youngjae shot him a confused look. “working..for him?”

“Jinjja..that Yongguk..he paid someone to stop me from meeting his precious lover..”

“what?”

Himchan faced him. “ok..just tell Yongguk that this..this won’t stop me from seeing his new boy..and for you..you almost did a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter