IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: Italics are characters' thoughts/POV. GREY are flash backs thoughts/events/dialogue/dream.

===============================================================================================================

 

“I like you”

He adjusted his round rimmed glasses as he brushed his shoes against the white snow on the ground. He fidgeted on his seat waiting for any reaction from the boy next to him.

“as in like..like..” a small curve in his lips appeared as he slowly lifted his gaze to his side. But it didn’t stay for long. It slowly faded as he watched the other bobbed his head, faint sound of music coming from the earphones he had on.

He could feel his hands clenching into fists as he lowered his gaze away from the boy. His eyes burned as irritation took over his body. He was ready to throw a fit but thought twice. The scene before him made him faltered.

The boy had his eyes closed, his head slightly angled up like he was enjoying the cold wind caressing his skin. Strands of hair swayed by his forehead as the air blew and a beautiful relaxed smile graced his face making the picture even perfect. It was breath taking.

His anger had gradually died down as he continued to stare at the beauty in front of him. He didn’t notice the other moving on his seat to face him. He cleared his throat as he averted his eyes avoiding the attention from his friend.

“are you saying something?” he gripped on his knees as he find courage within him. His lips trembled as he tried to let out the same words he just said a while ago. The feelings he thought the other must know.

“uhmm..I..said..I”

Beep beep beep..

The sound made them both shot their heads to the direction of the source. He quickly turned back to the other who was busy fixing the cord of his earphones and putting it back to his coat’s pocket.

“my ride’s here..” he watched him stood up and brushed the dirt on his pants. He watched him turned his back and stepped away from him. He watched him waved goodbye and opened the car’s door. He watched the car moved and disappeared from his sight.

That’s a bummer..

A low chuckle escaped his lips as he continued to eye the road the car went. Then something cold landed on his face. He looked up and saw the white crystals falling from the skies. It felt cold against his skin but somehow it was comforting for him. He closed his eyes as he let the cool breeze washed away the disappointment that his first love confession brought.

Maybe it’s not meant to be...

===============================================

Himchan shot up as he heard the alarm ringing aloud from his bedside table. He slammed his hand turning it off before plopping back to the comforts of his blanket. He hoped to go back to dreamland even though he knew it will be difficult since he was fully awake now. He stared at the painted ceiling placing his left arm on top of his forehead.

“what a dream?” he whispered, a sad smile on his lips. He closed his eyes as he remembered that piece of memory. He didn’t know why it rushed back to him after all these years. A history he tried to forget and erase for good. He knew he shouldn’t let it affect him but somehow it did. He could feel the glass wall cracking in verge of exposing him back to those days.

“I need caffeine..”

After washing up, he took his jacket from the rack and left his apartment leaving his distressed self behind. 

===============================================

“I don’t know if I can..” Yongguk pressed his foot on the brake as the red light came into view. He looked at the people walking in front as he listened on the caller’s voice.

“araso..i’ll try..” he said massaging his temples as the other line started to speak again. He eyed the traffic light waiting for the green to be lighted.

“I’m driving..i’m hanging up”

And he ended the call. It was his sister. She asked him to come home this holiday but he already decided not to. It’s not that he didn’t like going home. It’s just that he couldn’t find any reason why he needed to.

He let out a sigh as he tried to bring back his mood from this morning when he woke up with his plan on seeing Daehyun to check his condition. He was worried all night after leaving him drunk for the first time on someone who was also a first timer for that situation. Yongguk didn’t think of Youngjae as incapable of taking care of Daehyun but he couldn’t stop feeling jealous knowing his boyfriend was with another man. He knew he shouldn’t feel that way especially the fact that Youngjae is just the bestfriend but there something between them that made him think differently. They have a bond that is truly special, something that no one could break and only them could understand and that created the uneasiness in his heart.

He reached for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter