IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: ITALICS are characrters POv/thoughts. GREY are flashbacks of events/dialogues/thoughts.

===================================================================================================================

 

Have you ever felt like a pail of cold water was thrown on you? Or have you ever thought of jumping from the twentieth floor of a building? Well, this was what Youngjae felt and had in mind when he heard that low voice behind him just minutes ago. After that he found himself seating by a table near the glass window. He tried his best avoiding any eye contact from the other boy as he kept his eyes busy staring at white pebbles on the side pathways. 

After a while, feeling pain in his neck he decided to change the angle of his head still undecided if he should start the conversation. His eyes then caught the sight of two tall cups of hot coffee and a brown bag that contained the bread or pastry from this café. Unconsciously, his lips moved and spoke the first words that came into his mind.

“..do you know that too much caffeine is bad for your health..” He broke the silence with that remark that was obviously out of the blue.

He then felt the boy moved his body to lean towards his direction. “it’s none of your business..and please..don’t change the topic here..”

“what topic?” Youngjae chirped in forcing a laugh hoping to lighten the mood. He knew that this was not enough to change the fact that someone just caught him at the right timing when he was hit about his feelings for Daehyun.

He heard the other snickered as he went back on leaning on the soft cushion of his chair. He nipped on his lips as he waited for the boy’s upcoming words.

“so you just come into a realization, huh?..how was it?” He looked up and found a teasing grin plastered on the other’s face. He wanted to reach and just wipe it off his face but he decided to stay calm.

“I don’t know wh..”

““’m in love with you..Jung..Daehyun..” Youngjae was cut when the presence across him chimed in imitating the words he just said earlier.

 “ring any bells?”

Youngjae gritted his teeth as he seeks for control on his temper. It was not the right time to get mad over little teasing. There were greater things to be concerned about. One of those is that his supposed to be just for his self discovery was exposed to the worst person possible. Kim Himchan.

“so..did something happened?” Himchan asked before taking a sip of his coffee. He eyed the younger boy through his cup and a smile broke into him. “something did happened..what is it?”

Youngjae moved his head to his left gazing at the passersby through the glass window. His eyes seemed to soften. Himchan put down his coffee and propped his elbow on the table.

“Daehyun was obviously drunk..and I’m sure you’re not..so if anything happened last night..you have the control..Daehyun was not in his right mind but you..” Himchan stuck out his finger pointing it to Youngjae’s direction. “don’t tell me you..”

“nothing happen..” Youngjae looked at him; his eyes were back to its normal expression. But with Himchan’s keen observation, he was able to see a hint of sadness on those brown orbs.

“really?..but your eyes tell me differently..something happened..and that triggers your feelings..or more likely to say proves your feelings..” Himchan ended with a raised brow and smirk.

Youngjae hated how this person could read through him like he’s made of a transparent material. Maybe that’s the very reason why he never felt at ease with this guy.

“don’t worry too much..it’s not like you’re the only one that is experiencing such thing…”

Youngjae who seemed to get the wrong message shot his head to Himchan’s direction and gave a questioning look. Himchan noticed it and creased his brows.

“what?”

“don’t tell me..you..” Youngjae squinted his eyes as he tried to say the right words. “you’re also in love with your best friend..and your best friend is..”

Himchan lose any expression on his face as he stared straight at Youngjae. The younger stopped speaking as he felt the cold stares the other is giving him.

“you know..as I’ve heard you’re doing good in your grades in school..Is that a rumor since what I’m seeing here is..” Himchan moved his hand in a circular motion in front of Youngjae’s face. “is a big P..A..B..O”

“yah!” Youngjae hit the older boy’s hand earning a hissing sound from the other.

“what I’m saying is that other people also experience that kind of situation..falling for someone you’ve been with in a very long time can be considered as normal..there’s nothing wrong with it and you’re not committing any sin to act and worry like that..”

Youngjae nodded his head to show that he understood what the other wanted to say.  “so it can happened to you, too..you and Yongguk had been together for..”

“do you want to die now?..or maybe calling Daehyun would be a better idea..” Himchan pulled out his phone acting like he was dialing someone on it.

“NO..please I’ll stop..” Himchan smiled and put the gadget down on the table. “but really..it is possible for..”

“I and Yongguk are in different case..we’re totally not match with each other..it’s like..” Himchan tapped the tip of his chin looking at his side. “ah..it’s like you’re pairing up two solid str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter