IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: Italics are characters Pov/thoughts. GREY are flashback of evernts/dialogue/thoughts.

POST-VALENTINE TO EVERYONE! oNe-ShOt!

========================================================================================================================

“you lost your phone?..”Youngjae nodded as his reply but his gaze didn’t leave the textbook he has been reading since he arrived the room. He forgot about their exam in English and the last days events were to blame. He propped one elbow on the desk and laid his head on it. He’s been stuck to this one page for minutes now but nothing seemed to enter his brain. 

“when? Where?”

Youngjae groaned scratching his hair as he turned to look at Jong up.

“it’s lost right?..do you think if I know where, it can be considered as lost..”

“..are you in a bad mood?”

“I’m not..” Youngjae said bringing himself back to his reading. He sighed before he started again at the start of the page.

“you are..bad mood written all over your face..” Jong up swayed his hand on his friend’s face while kneeling in front of the boy’s table. He then pulled the book away from his hold gaining a frustrated groan from him.

“aish..will you stop bothering me..i’m studying can’t you see..”

“really?..you’re studying what?..this” Jong up stood up raising the book as he showed him the page he’s reading. “this is not included in our exam..we’re already finish with this lesson..”

Youngjae tilted his head in confusion before taking his book back and looked at the contents thoroughly. He cleared his throat as he closed the book avoiding Jong Up’s gaze.

“tsk tsk..studying huh?..you’re here but your mind’s flying elsewhere..you know that’s a symptom of becoming…crazy..”

Youngjae glared at Jong Up who was stifling his laughter as he pulled a chair and sat across the boy.

“is something making you crazy?..c’mon share..” Youngjae breathed out before opening his book, this time checking if it was the right lesson. He pulled out his headphone and placed it on his ears just to complete the message that he didn’t want to talk anymore. Jong Up shook his head as he raised his hand acting like he’s going to hit the other before walking back to his table.

 

“quiet everyone..i’ll be giving another practice exam before your week-long vacation..” Sounds of disappointment rang inside the classroom as the teacher made her announcement. “that’s final..but don’t worry I will not give any assignments..that’s all..behave as you wait for your next class..”

“neh..”

As the sound of the closing door was heard, the students did the opposite of what they’ve been instructed. Loud chatting sounds, moving chairs and tables and some footsteps leading out the room filled the air of the small study room. Youngjae let out a quiet laugh as he watched the scenes of his noisy classmates. After a while, he stood up and strode his way to the exit.

“where are you going?” a voice reached his ears stopping him from his track. He turned around to look at its source trying to keep his cool. He really is not in a good mood that’s making him a little ill-tempered and unfortunately Jong Up is his victim.

“to the bathroom..are you coming?” He asked in a lazy tone hinting a bit of annoyance to the sudden interference.

“ewww..and watch you pee..” Youngjae rolled his eyes as he turned back to his trail. He could hear his friend calling out and saying about borrowing a book but he ignored it as he continued his way to the washroom.

 

“oh..Youngjae..” a girly voice made him stop on the doorway of the bathroom. He threw the tissue paper on the bin beside the door and walked towards the girl who he knew as Zinger, same year different class.

“you need anything?” Youngjae asked with a smile as he approached closer.

“uhm..well I was about to go to your classroom but yeah..i’m gonna ask you about Daehyun..”

“Daehyun?..wae?” Youngjae’s expression changed as he heard his friend’s name.

“well..he didn’t attend the class..i try texting him but he’s not answering..i’m sure I saw him earlier at the grounds but he didn’t come in the class..”

Zinger noticed the sudden silence of the boy who seemed to be in on his thoughts. She let out a low cough to get the other’s attention and it was effective.

“sorry..i’ll go find him..”

“thanks..we have an important exam later so tell him to come..” With that, Youngjae watched as the girl strode back to her classroom. He pulled out another sigh before walking to the direction of the only place where Daehyun is likely at.

=========================================================================

“cutting class..are you trying to be a rebel?”

Daehyun shot his head to his side as he heard footsteps followed by a familiar voice. He stared at a pair of white sneakers before travelling his eyes up to see the intruder’s face. He had a playful smirk gracing his lips which Daehyun thought didn’t suit his innocent look. He averted his gaze to stare at the grand piano sitting at the middle of the room. After a few seconds, he felt comforting warmth beside him making him sigh in relief.

Youngjae felt at ease as he heard the other sigh. He relaxed his back against the wall keeping his gaze on the ground beneath his shoes. He smiled as his guess was right. Well, it was really not a guess. He knew that the boy would be in the music room. The place is one of their favorite spots. It is situated at the topmost floor so no teacher comes up to check during class hours making it a good spot for escape.

“you came..i didn’t expect it..considering you being unreachable this last two days..you decided to show up..” There was a trace of bitterness in his tone but more of sadness. Both didn’t miss the other’s hearing and eventually regretted what he did.

“I’m sorry..”

Daehyun chuckled as he looked to the boy beside him. He nudged him on the side with his elbow putting a smile on his friend’s face.

“what happened to you?” Genuine concern on the question made the other pause for a while to think. He wanted to tell the truth and he did choose to say it.

“I lost my phone” The other truth. The easier to tell and not so complicated to explain.

Daehyun remained looking at his friend with a straight face making the other feel uncomfortable. It took some time before a laugh broke the silence.

“really?..Yoo Youngjae..that is the third time this year..are you just unlucky or just careless..” Youngjae pouted as he remembered his other incidents. He then felt a light pat on his shoulder and it sent a heat wave throughout his body.

“thanks..”

“for what?”

“the breakfast..yesterday” Youngjae felt the change of temperature inside him. From getting heated with the light contact to cold sweats forming in his forehead.

How did he know it’s me? Did he..hear it?

“Hyosung texted me yesterday afternoon asking if I received the food..that you delivered..”

Oh thank God.

“oh..yeah..i did” He could feel the heaven’s mercy at the moment. He must be living a good life for having miracles every time he needed it.

“and you left it on the doorway..” The question put him again at the edge. His mind was running fast as he tried to find a believable reason for his action.

“uhmm..mom gave me an errand..i almost forgot when I was hanging around the shop...that’s why I was in a hurry..”

“is that the truth?”

No..but..

“yeah”

I’m sorry Daehyun-ah

“really?..you don’t have anything to tell me..”

“what?..no..nothing..”

“araso..i just thought you could share..also..”

He paused as he continued to stare down at his feet. “i really thought you’re..avoiding me..again..”

Youngjae gaped as he stared at his friend who was currently playing with the tie on his shoes his expression not giving anything to show how he feels.

“why..would you think that way..”

“I don’t know..maybe you’re making me think that way..” He looked at him eyes filled with firmness. Youngjae tensed under those gaze and Daehyun noticed it. He smiled before turning back to playing with his shoestring.

“..i didn’t mean anything..it’s just..”

Something’s wrong with him.

“did something happened?” Daehyun’s reaction to the question gave Youngjae the answer. He waited for a spoken answer but it didn’t come. Reasons to what might made his friend upset started to line up inside his head. At the end, he came to one reason and it surprised him that he thought of that.

“did you two fight or something?”

“i..won’t put it that way..just..a misunderstanding..”

Youngjae and Daehyun have been together for a very long time. They’ve been best friends as long as he can remember and for that they know each other very well. His favorites, likes and dislikes, most memorable and most hateful events, his good and bad habits, almost everything. And as far as he knows, Daehyun is the type that doesn’t get upset and depress easily. If he’s feeling down, he’s likely to act jollier than normal doing things that would make him forget his worries and problems. Sometimes he thinks it’s unhealthy to keep his true feelings but somehow he understands him. So seeing him like this made him think that it must be serious or it can be because it’s about Yongguk.

You really love him..to be affected like this..

“he didn’t go to school today..i tried calling him but..”

Daehyun felt an arm on his shoulder and he felt secure. He leaned on the body beside him resting his head on the boy’s shoulde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter