IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: italics are character's thoughts/pov GREY are flashback/past events/thoughts/dialogue.

==================================================================================================================

Surreal. The word best describe what Youngjae felt like. It felt strange at the same time as wonderful as a dream. Trapped at that moment, he could still feel the softness of the other boy’s lips on his. How warmth slowly crawled his body as the other was pressed against him. How all the bad feelings seemed to dissipate out of his system.  All he could feel is the weird yet beautiful feeling of being appreciated, of being love.

He reached his fingers to his lips as he felt the same tingling sensation he had since last night. The sensation kept him awake ‘til dawn. A small smile graced his face as the memory of that kiss replayed vividly in his mind.

 

As the need for air occurred to both of them, gently they pushed away from each other. Their eyes met and Youngjae swore that the boy looked much stunning than before. His hand unconsciously cupped the side of his friend’s face. Again to add to his already surprised self, he didn’t pull away or showed any rejection. He was about to voice out something he wasn’t really sure what when the other took the chance from him and spoke first.

“Youngjae”

“hmm” He pulled from the touch and gave a expectant look at the other. He was hopeful. Hoping to hear what he wished to hear from the other. His heart was racing crazy, his palms felt sweaty as he watched the boy’s lips moved. Time stopped in his world.

 “the bus”

Youngjae was snapped at his reverie. He gave a confused look at the other as he thought he heard wrong. The word that just reached him was a bit random if the situation they’re in was concerned.

“the bus is here..should we go now?”

He followed Daehyun’s pointed finger and mouthed an ‘ah’. He scratched the back of his head as a low chuckle escaped the boy in front of him.

“kaja?” a hand was stretched towards him.

“neh” Youngjae replied taking the warmth being offered to him.

 

The bus ride was rather quiet as expected. No one dared to break the awkwardness between them. Youngjae kept his gaze on his intertwined fingers as for Daehyun who seemed to enjoy the white scenery of the outside road. When their station came they silently took off the bus and walked towards their alley.

Youngjae was fighting himself whether to start a conversation or just wait for the other to do so and maybe explain his side. He stole glances at the other who in his opinion looked calmer compared to him.

“hey”

Youngjae was taken aback when he heard a voice from his back. He turned around and saw his friend standing a few spaces from him. He looked at his right and faced with the boy’s apartment building. Again tint of pink blush appeared on his cheeks feeling embarrassed of him being absentminded.

“its’ getting cold..you should hurry before it snows again” he was to say something but was cut as Daehyun started his way towards the building’s entrance.

He watched him disappeared from the glass door leaving him alone and lost. And there it hit him. He got too affected by the kiss and sudden affection Daehyun showed him that he forgot something that’s important. Something called the reality. That despite the possibility that was laid on him tonight, his friend already belongs to someone.

Lost and alone, he took his steps still hopeful of the dream he just experienced to come true.

 

“daydreaming, again?” a voice pulled him from his thoughts and made him straightened from his slouch position on his desk. A cheerful smile welcomed him making him do the same.

“hey Jong Up” He greeted before pulling out some reading material from under his desk.

“what are thinking? You seem in deep thoughts just a while ago”

“nothing..just tired”

“hmm” An unsatisfied hummed came from Jong up earning a questioning look from the other.

“what?”

“nah..i just think you’re lying”

“drop it” Youngjae lazily said opening his text book and acted as if he was reading.

“I can help..”

“never mind”

“what..you don’t believe I can..cmon try me..”

Youngjae propped his elbow supporting his head on it as his eyes never left the writings on his book.

“Jae jae..cmon try me..”

Youngjae sighed and gave his friend a half-annoyed expression.

“cmon..”

“fine.” He closed his book leaning closer to his friend. “what will do if someone suddenly kissed you and after that left you not even a word about it..and take note that someone is already married, or engaged..or has a lover..left you confused and..lost”

Jong Up mirrored his friend’s pose and furrowed his brow. “does this happen in real life?”

“aish..forget it..why do I even consider asking you.” Youngjae mumbled going back to his reading.

“it’s easy..then I’ll  be the one to take courage and ask..”

“ask?”

“yeah..to why he did it?”

Youngjae shook his head. “yah..you think it’s that easy..if you’re not listening I said he already belongs to someone..”

“what’s wrong? It’s not like I am to snatch up someone’s lover..in the first place, I’m not the one who made the move right..if something bad happens to them, it’s not solely my fault..”

Youngjae tilted his head to the side thinking that the other somehow made sense. Jong Up showed a toothy smile relaxing his body at the chair’s back support.

“did it help?”

“uhmm..well..”

Jong Up clapped his hand before standing up, that proud smile still visible. “no need to thank me..i’m glad I can help someone who’s in dilemma and seems lost..” He put his hands on his side pockets bending a little to level down to his friend’s position. “help him lessen the daydreaming..and for him to stop reading books upside down..” and winked before walking away toward the room’s exit.

Youngjae blinked in confusion directing his eyes down on his desk where a literature book was place, upside down. A defeated sigh escaped his lips before he let his head fall on top of the said material.

===================================================================================

 

Soft silk against his skin was the first thing he noticed different. He’s not fond of silk especially on his bed so waking up feeling the smooth material under him is definitely unexpected. This is not his. He tried to move his body hoping to verify his thought and was even surprise to bump into something.

He shot open his eyes and an unfamiliar lilac colored ceiling greeted him. He blinked to clear his vision only to prove the color was right. HE slowly drew his attention to the ‘something’ that is lying beside him.

Black short hair and milky white spasm of skin came into view and he felt like he was struck by a lightning. He checked on himself and found that he was in the same situation as this stranger is.  His hand instinctively reached for the ‘something’ that turned to be a ‘someone’ but stopped halfway when questions rushed to him.

What happened? Who is this? What have I done? More questions filled his mind that he didn’t noticed when the said form moved to face his direction. Even more surprise than while ago, if that’s even possible, he set eyes to a familiar face; a very familiar one.

“Himchan?”

=================================================================================

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter