IF IT'S LOVE

IF IT'S LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

READ: Italics are charcters pov/thoughts

===========================================================================================================

Sounds of exploding cars and police sirens coming from a medium-sized black box seated on a wooden table filled the small dark room. Two boys were seated comfortably on the soft chair as they watched the scene displayed in front of them. It was a new-released movie that the elder rented but despite of its exciting plot, one of them was not fully into it as his attention was alternately changing to the show and to the phone in his hand.

A loud sigh escaped his lips and before he could cover that up he felt the arm on his shoulders disappeared. He looked at the boy beside him, the remote on his hand and the volume of the TV gradually decreased.

“you can tell me if you don’t like the movie”

“NO” Daehyun said in a high tone. “It’s just..”

“are you thinking of him?”Daehyun watched as the other averted his gaze back to the silent movie in front of them. He was a bit confused but then he realized it was normal to react that way. This was supposed to be their night; Yongguk planned everything from the restaurant to the movie night at his apartment. But since their dinner his mind’s been flying at anywhere else. He was physically there, though he wanted to focus on his boyfriend, he can’t help thinking of one person.

“sorry..” He heard a sigh before he was faced again with the other boy.

“look..he’s a grownup..he can take care of himself..after all it’s just a date..it’s not like he’s going to the army or something”

Daehyun smiled. “yeah, you’re right..but still..i can’t help it..you know..ever since we were young, I’ve always had this protective persona when it comes to him..”

“I understand..but you should accept that Youngjae is in the right age and is  now capable of protecting himself..and also just to remind you, he’s with a girl…a harmless petite high school girl”

“oh, Yongguk..don’t underestimate the power of high school girl..she might look harmless but behind that innocent face, a monster is hiding, just waiting for the right timing to eat his prey”

Yongguk narrowed his eyes as he stared at his boyfriend spoke. “ookk..right?” He nodded his head as he tried to convince himself with the boy’s words.

”you don’t believe me” Daehyun said with a pout. He brought his legs up the sofa and sat in an Indian seat facing the older boy.

“of course..i do” Yongguk tried to sound believable. At the same time he restrained himself from laughing form the cute antics his boyfriend is doing.  “what?”

“you don’t believe me..” Yongguk chuckled as he reached for the boy’s arm and pulled him closer to him. Daehyun let himself be placed on the other’s lap his back leaning against the older’s broad chest.

“I always believe you, no matter what..but this..you must stop treating your best friend as a kid..”

“I’m not..”

“really?”

Yongguk could feel the deep breathe that escaped the other’s body. He tightened his arms around the other’s body as he inhaled the sweet musk from the skin on the back of the younger’s neck.

“Youngjae is very innocent in this kind of things..this is the first time he went to a date..or be with someone..or like someone…I’m just worried that she will hurt him..that Sunhwa is just playing with my friend’s feelings like what he did with other boys she’s been with..i can’t stand seeing Youngjae get hurt..”

“you can’t be sure of that..maybe that girl really likes Youngjae..”

“I bet she’s just interested because of Jae’s new look”

“anyway, my point is..don’t you think it’s about time you let him grow..let him experience things that he needs to experience in his age...it’s not about getting hurt or finding love, it’s about becoming a stronger person..overcoming trials and being able to stand on his own feet..make decisions and learn from it..he’s not the same young helpless kid you knew…if ask me, I think he’s pretty competent”

Daehyun angled his head enough to have a look of his lover’s face. He smiled before planting a chaste kiss on Yongguk’s lips.

“yeah, you’re right” and caught the older’s lips for a more passionate lip lock. They pulled away from the kiss as they felt the need for oxygen, their foreheads leaned against each other as they chased for air.

“I love you” a low but clearly audible words slipped pass Yongguk’s lips as he opened his eyes and met the closed ones of the younger boy.

It didn’t take a blink when Daehyun decided to open his eyes and stared straight at his boyfriend. He’s about return the sweet confession but a piercing sound broke the serenity surrounding them.

“sorry..i must take this” Daehyun jumped off from Yongguk’s lap and jogged his way towards the small veranda of his apartment.

Yongguk was left alone on the living room, still caught in the moment that was unexpectedly cut by undeniably despicable timing. His ears could catch the hint of excitement on his lover’s voice as he talked on the phone with the subject of their topic just minutes ago. He let out a sigh as he rested his head on the sofa’s back, his eyes gradually fluttered close as tried to block the welling heat on them that was brought along by the unusual knots inside him especially on his chest, specifically on his heart.

=====================================================================================

“yobeseyo?..Yongjae-ah?”

“neh..it’s me..”

“where are you? Are you ok? What did you do? Is she ok? Did she do something? Did something bad happened? Tell me.”

Youngjae pul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter