Revealing the Lies

I'd Sing For You

 

 

Kyungsoo feels his heart skip a beat and his gaze flicks up to Jongin's face.

The other boy is acting shy, so as he waits, Kyungsoo examines the curve of Jongin's jaw, admires his full lips and long lashes.

Their eyes meet, and Kyungsoo was right, he does melt on the inside, but he makes sure it doesn't show on the exterior, focusing on Jongin's next words.

"I lied about forgetting something here..." Jongin's cheeks are tinted pink. Kyungsoo tilts his head, wordlessly encouraging Jongin to continue.

"I just.....got a little lonely at the dorm and well..." there's another pause and Jongin shifts in his seat, desperately searching for the proper words. "You may think I'm completely crazy, but I just wanted to warn you."
Kyungsoo's expression shows his confusion.
"I like you a lot Kyungsoo. N-not just in the friendly way." the huge wave of relief he expected to wash over him was actually quite underwhelming, and now words came unbridled out of his mouth. "I just don't want you to get weirded out. I'm not asking you to reciprocate the feelings either, I mean I—look, I'm telling you this so you can avoid me or watch your boundaries around me. Not that I'd try—it's just that I," the rest became Incomprehensible, but Kyungsoo didn't take notice. He was too busy laughing at an adorably befuddled and worried Jongin to even notice his own heart thrumming rapidly against his chest.
Did Kim Jongin just confess to him? And why does Kim Jongin seem so much more innocent now?

He takes up a pen and writes carefully and clearly. "I like you too. More than just as friends." Kyungsoo holds up the paper to a mumbling Jongin, who is instantly silenced and beaming.

"You mean it...? If you're joking with me, this is an awful joke, hyung." Jongin's voice is soft as he hopes to verify Kyungsoo's feelings.

"No joke, Jongin-ah." he smiles up at his dongsaeng and he's sure his cheeks are embarrassingly red, but he doesn't particularly care at the moment, because when two people realise they share the same feelings towards one another, nothing else really matters.

Kyungsoo then makes a confession of his own. "I want to say sorry for lying to you earlier..."

Jongin freezes with a mortified look. "You lie—"

Kyungsoo cuts him off by waving his hands, then continues scribble on a scrap piece of paper, "This", Kyungsoo begins signing the phrase he taught Jongin earlier that day, writing more when he finishes. "Doesn't mean 'have a good day'. It's actually, 'you look really nice today' and I wanted to teach you," Kyungsoo signs another phrase. "It means" he pauses, pen in hand, hovering over the paper hesitantly as more embarassment washes over him. "You complete me." he finishes the last letter and bashfully slides the paper to Jongin.

Jongin reads the paper once, twice and once again after that to make sure he isn't completely misreading Kyungsoo's sloppy writing. A smile is etched onto his face and Kyungsoo adores the little wrinkles created around Jongin's eyes as he does so. His heart threatens to leap out of his chest, but Jongin is pretty sure he isn't the only one. He wants to hug Kyungsoo, but he thinks he'd be going out of his way to do so, and he didn't even know how Kyungsoo would feel about it, despite both of their confessions. Jongin opts for out stretching a hand and placing it on Kyungsoo's gently. He's caught off guard when Kyungsoo flips his hand over and entwines their fingers.

It's all happening so fast and it's nearly unbelievable, but the comforting warmth of Kyungsoo's palm on his tells him this is every bit real. Jongin would be lying if he said he didn't feel scared or nervous by the speed in which things were occurring, but at the same time it wasn't completely uncomfortable. Something about their relationship made this just seem perfectly abnormal, and Jongin was alright with that.

Neither of them speak, and they don't even make eye contact for a minute, but that's alright because they're connected. It's also nice for both of them to take in and reflect on everything that was just said...and written.

How do they define themselves now? Should they try to have a relationship? The answer seems obvious, but there are always doubts. So they discuss over dinner, and although it's an odd topic, they're able to come to a conclusion.

Kyungsoo mentally marks the date, while he picks up his dongsaeng's plates and puts them in the sink. When he sits back down across from a giddy Jongin, he writes the younger a message.
"Can I expect you to behave more from now on? You know...listen to your boyfriend?"
Jongin is smirking and has a little glint in his eye. Kyungsoo hates him for it. Why does he even bother...
 

 



It's less then an hour later when Jongin's manager calls and tells him he needs to return back to his dorm.

Kyungsoo watches as Jongin stands, or tries to, and falls. He stands and moves to help him, but stops mid-step when Jongin shoots him an accusing glare.
"I got this. It's okay, I'm not helpless. I've just been sitting for a while."
Jongin musters all his concentration and focuses on pushing himself up from the wood floor. He's on his feet for less than a second before he's on the ground, cursing under his breath.

Now Kyungsoo can't keep himself away. He kneels beside Jongin and places a hand on Jongin's knee. It's times like this he wishes he could say a lot of encouraging and comforting things. Instead, all he can do is give a concerned look, trying his best to communicate with his eyes and expression.

"I'm fine. Don't help me up. I just need a second." his tone is dark and Kyungsoo can sense Jongin's fear. In the back of their minds they both know Jongin probably won't be able to stand tonight.
He rubs Jongin's back until Jongin tightens his jaw and tries again to rise to his feet.

It's another failure.

It's also painful for Kyungsoo to watch and his heart aches painfully when a defeated look comes over his boyfriend's face.

Jongin looks helplessly to the ground and suddenly there are arms wrapping around him, pulling him into the warmth of Kyungsoo's body. The action is instantly calming, and the building waves of frustration ebb into stillness. There's a few minutes or silence before Jongin speaks up, voice just shy of a whisper. "Could.......could I stay? Like...here, tonight?"

Kyungsoo doesn't hesitate to nod when Jongin looks up at him with a worn out look, and perhaps there's a bit of something else, but Kyungsoo can't quite put his finger on it.
Reluctantly, Jongin allows Kyungsoo to help him move back onto a chair.
"I'll sleep on the couch... You don't need to go to any trouble."
"But you need to be as comfortable as possible." the paper suddenly before Jongin reads.
"No, please hyung! It's fine!" he protests but it has no effect on Kyungsoo. He thinks if Jongin can be stubborn ninety percent of the time, he can be for the other ten.




So this is how Jongin finds himself laid out on Kyungsoo's bed, wrapped in blankets that smell like Kyungsoo. He's also pretty glad Kyungsoo let him have his bed for the night, since Jongin has always wanted a tempur-pedic mattress.Just lying on it makes him feel like he's resting upon clouds, which matches his current mood. Not to mention the pillow also holds the light and familiar scent of citrus mint shampoo... Jongin figures he'll have no problem falling asleep tonight.

 


A/N: Whoo! I don't know if this is very long or whatever, but it was a nice chapter to write. They're finally together! (awkwardly since, the relationship just sort of happened out of the blue? lol sorry, it needed to happen so the plot can keep moving) anyways! I don't really know how to end this story. I actually said it was going to be finished a few chapters ago... but yeah, it didn't end cause I haven't gotten to the main point of the story! :P

Anyways, although I posted later than I thought I would, I want to say your comments really made my day. ;A; there's nothing better than encouragement, honestly, so I thank every single one of you! I want to snuggle you all~ <3
Lastly yes, Kaisoo is having an impromptu sleepover and they may or may not end up in the same bed together, idk just throwing that out there~