My Favourite Song

I'd Sing For You

 

Jongin was pacing around the dance studio, strolling to the mirror and meticulously playing with his hair, all the while trying to calm his nerves. He stretched a little more and fixed his outfit, straightening it, his eyes lifted as he saw motion behind him in the mirror.

Kyungsoo gave a shy wave as their eyes met in the reflection. Jongin smiled softly before turning to greet his hyung.

"Thanks for coming, Kyungsoo-hyung."

Kyungsoo just nodded in response. He thought even if he had the ability to talk, he would have stayed silent.

There was something about the Jongin standing before him that was.....intimidating, to put it bluntly. Perhaps it was the fact Jongin seemed to have a different glint in his eyes than usual. It was a new sort of passion and determination that Kyungsoo found attractive. Of course, Jongin happened to look very good in the clothing he was wearing as well, so maybe that was a part of it.

Gone was Jongin, the immature and kind-hearted teenager. In his place stood Kai, a charismatic performer, loved by thousands of boys and girls across the globe, the one Kyungsoo had seen on tv shows and seen all over ads in Korea.

This persona hid any and all signs of fear that Jongin had as he sauntered over to Kyungsoo.

"Here take a seat." gripping Kyungsoo's wrist he led his hyung to sit on a chair near the back of the studio. As he sat he noticed Jongin's gaze falter as the young man asked, "Promise you won't laugh if I mess up...?"

Kyungsoo felt his heart ache at the barely audible words because why and how would you laugh at someone in so much pain? All he could do was nod in agreement.

In his mind, he spoke the words he couldn't say. "How could I ever laugh at you? You don't need to be perfect for me."
Kyungsoo ignored the part of himself that wanted to embrace Jongin and reassure him that he believed in him. Instead Kyungsoo opted for tapping him gently on the shoulder with an encouraging smile.

Jongin sighed heavily and his innocent aura dissipated once again. He took his position by the stereo and pressed play.
 

 

The first few beats of the song rolled out and he began the dance as the smooth sound of an electric guitar filled the room. At first each move was carefully executed, Jongin was focused on making his body move and a little less about the feeling of the dance.

Kyungsoo watched intently and subconsciously mouthed the words to his favourite song.

The change occurred when the song's tempo seemed to increase slightly and the singer's voice was filled with even more soul. That was when Jongin finally let go.

A sharp distinct movement was followed by a stunning body roll. Everything went from brisk to slow in the blink of an eye. It was simply breathtaking, as if Jongin had become the music. In that moment everything fell into place; the artist's voice wrapping around Jongin as he moved in perfect harmony with the tempo change. Accenting every movement just enough. Never once was he off beat, every step was effortless and he glided across the floor with such a grace, Kyungsoo was left awestruck.

The last measures of music flowed into the space and echoed around them. The vocals faded out with the rest of the song and Jongin's performance ended with shaky steps and a stumble to his knees on the studio floor.

He was smiling all the same.

Slightly out of breath, he looked up when a shadow appeared above him. Kyungsoo's panicked expression read "Are you okay?"

Jongin laughed, but it sounded a bit like a choked sob or it could've /been/ a choked sob, but he nodded his head. "Thank you, hyung."
Jongin's grin grew upon seeing Kyungsoo's confused expression. "For letting me show you this."

The older boy acted like he understood, he didn't completely, but it wasn't as if he could speak his mind.

Instead, he extended a hand to Jongin and helped him stand again. Jongin stood slowly but fell forward into Kyungsoo's arms, feigning not being able to support himself. Kyungsoo fell for it, leaning into Jongin to hold the younger man up. Arms slipped around him and then he was being hugged. It was a bit surprising, but Kyungsoo found it was no way unpleasant. Not unpleasant in the slightest.

His cheeks grew warm and he carefully, and perhaps a bit awkwardly, returned the hug, hoping this would keep Jongin from seeing his blush. It worked.

A gentle sigh sent a warm breath past his ear and he shivered at the sensation. Jongin laughed and pulled away. "I'm glad you were able to come, hyung. You've done a lot for me, honestly." Then he smiled, and Kyungsoo found it so endearing he couldn't look away as he fumbled around in his pocket to pull out his phone.

He typed a response. "I'm honoured you chose me to watch that! Was that your-"

Jongin didn't need to read more and he handed the phone back to Kyungsoo.

"Last dance. Yeah, probably... Unless they can figure out a way to miraculously cure me, I.....I think so." Jongin swallowed the lump in his throat nodding his head gravely.


"It was beautiful, Jongin-ah."

Jongin nodded at the screen of the cell phone. "Thank you. That's one of my favourite songs, you know."

Kyungsoo's face instantly lit up and he hurriedly typed on his phone. "It's my favourite too!!"

"Yeah, I heard it on the radio a few times and just kind of got addicted. There's something so smooth about it..."

Kyungsoo smiled in agreement and they sat together on the dance studio floor, talking a bit more about this and that, and how Jongin became a dancer.

 

As usual, the two lost track of time completely when they were together and it finally occurred to them that it was time to leave. Both thanked each other, exchanged smiles, and Jongin bowed politely. They made plans to meet up again soon, same place, same time as usual.

Jongin noticed that without Kyungsoo, the room was a little colder and colours were a bit duller. As if a man could brighten the hues of a fairly mundane looking practice room with a single grin. He supposed it could only be possible because it was Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo was having crazy effects on Jongin himself.

 

It was just another something he tried not to think about as he packed up to go home.

 

 


A/N: Wow sorry this took so long to put up! Writing out a dance is pretty difficult to do, for me at least. I would've liked to put something up earlier, but something unexpected happened last week, and thus i sort of abandoned my writing.
This week is winter break! So I think i'll be able to write more this week! Yay! I'll try~. I don't think there's much left of this story. I'm not going to try and drag this out. There's one last major point~!

Big thanks to my subscribers and an even bigger thank you for upvoting this. omfg. I just. <3 You're all lovely~! ^-^