Together

I'd Sing For You

(A/N: This takes place directly after the last chapter)

 

 

About an hour has passed and they've long finished their drinks. Kyungsoo stands and brushes the dirt off his back. Offering a hand to Jongin, he pulls his boyfriend to his feet, letting him balance on the tree as he hands him his crutches.

"Kai oppa...?" a tiny voice comes from behind them.

When Kyungsoo turns, there are two girls standing huddled together staring at the both of them.

"Is that you?" one asks sheepishly.

Jongin grins at them and bows slightly, before confirming their speculation.

Kyungsoo can see the girls are trying their best to act calm and collected, so they don't scare them away.

"How are your legs? Are you taking care of yourself?"

"Well...he's taking care of me." Jongin gestures to Kyungsoo and the girls finally take notice of him, greeting him politely.

"Hey you look familiar. Doesn't he look familiar?" the taller of the two girls points out.

"He's helping Jongin, we've seen him before." the other brushes if off.

Turning to hide a smile behind his back he gently pats the shoulder of a slightly befuddled Jongin. Kyungsoo had known they'd be seen together at some point. He didn't mind at all, no one would be suspicious of them being anything more than friends. But Kyungsoo thought it was especially humourous at the way Jongin turned all smiles and soft, cool speech to these hopeful teens.

They chat with the girls for just a bit longer and Jongin gives his signature when they ask, before parting ways with them and Kyungsoo comments on how Jongin acts so much differently in front of fans.The younger tries to protest, but it's one battle where Kyungsoo is victorious in embarrassing him.

 The sun has already begun to set peeking over trees that border the park, and only a sparse amount of people are left. Jongin hums the melody of their favourite song, the one he danced to, as they make their way down the street back to Jongin's apartment.
 

 

 

 

 

 



The sky is grey and cloud covers a majority of the sky. It looks as if it may rain later. Gloomy overcast.

Jongin is lying on Kyungsoo's couch, complaining because they can't go to the zoo anymore. (There were too many storm warnings.) He's like a child sometimes, but Kyungsoo understands because he probably didn't have much time to have spent being a child. Becoming so great at dancing had a cost. Practice made perfect and practice took hours in a practice room, going over the same choreography, day in and day out.

 

Though it's not long before Kyungsoo gets tired of hearing Jongin whine, so he boldly shuts him up with a gentle kiss. As he pulls away, he realises he gave Jongin exactly what he wanted. Strong arms wrap around him, pulling him onto Jongin's lap, and Kyungsoo can't get away even if he wanted to.

They relax by picking a movie to watch. It's Inception, and it's also the third time they've seen it together. Kyungsoo must admit he's paying more attention to Jongin this time around. The younger man holds him tighter during the tense moments, and Kyungsoo can feel his heart beating faster as the movie reaches its .

When the credits begin rolling, Kyungsoo reluctantly frees himself from Jongin's hold and asks him what he'd like for dinner. Bulgogi seems easy enough, but he finds the fridge is empty. He had put off shopping a little too long.

Jongin promises not to mess anything up in the apartment, and kisses his boyfriend goodbye.


Jongin slowly returns to the couch and lays back, placing the crutches on the floor beside him. He takes out his phone and starts playing some level of Candy Crush he's been trying to beat for the past few days. He fails, and he quickly loses interest.

Letting out a sigh, he spots a remote to a sound system on the coffee table and presses play. A smooth R&B melody floats into the air, and Jongin raises the volume, drowning himself in the rhythm. It's a fairly relaxing song, so Jongin reclines and closes his eyes, coming up with bits of choreography in his head, just like he used to.

A track or two later he finds himself deeply in love with the musician's style and his voice, a little bit of edge to such a rich tone. Even on the higher pitches it's crystal clear, effortless, pure. And in each line and slur the notes are all there, all heard. It's perfect music to dance to.


The first lightbulb in his head turns on when his favourite song begins playing. No wonder these songs were so good, they must be by the same artist.

Picking himself up and taking hold of his crutches again, Jongin makes his way over to the CD player. There are a few albums neatly on top of the shelft beside it, but after a brief inspection of their track lists, none of them seeme to be the one playing. He was about to give up, when he saw a lone CD case atop one of the speakers.

The second lightbulb lights up the second his eyes hit the CD cover. There was no mistaking the man on the front for anyone other than Kyungsoo, or D.O, as the disc had printed very clearly in a bold font.

It was also at this moment that said singer (or, ex-singer) was walking through the front door carrying a few bags of groceries and a closed, but wet umbrella. He immediately froze when he recognised the song playing, and of course, his voice.

Jongin turned to see a surprised and nervous looking Kyungsoo as silence hung thick in the air. He still held the CD case and quieted the music before hesitantly questioning, "So.....you...were a singer?"

It takes the older a moment to fully process the question, and he nods in affirmation.

It finally hits Jongin.

Why Kyungsoo had written a letter to him telling him to not give up. Why he had been so worried for Jongin. Why he actually did understand Jongin's situation and was able to help him through it.

Kyungsoo steps further into the room, putting the groceries on the table and taking the receipt out of one of the bags and a pen from his pocket. He motions Jongin over and Jongin is instantly by his side as he writes,

"Our favourite song is from my last mini-album. It's actually the last song I recorded before I lost my voice."

The younger looks at his partner in surprise.

"It was?"

Kyungsoo nods, as he scribbles more down.

"It was a big hit, which is probably why you know it, but I obviously couldn't follow it up." Kyungsoo casts his gaze down, and clenches his teeth as he continues writing.

"Like how I won't be able to do that world tour my company had begun planning..."

They sit in comfortable silence for a moment before Kyungsoo hesitantly passes the receipt to Jongin.

"I didn't want to see you go through the pain of losing the thing you truly love, like I did."

There's a pause where Jongin's heart pounds in his chest and then words are spilling past his lips and this one time, he doesn't regret it.

"I have you, so I'm not losing everything I love."

Kyungsoo looks up at Jongin in surprise, mouthing out,

"What?"

Jongin simply nods and there's a blush creeping onto his cheeks that he personally hates himself for, but it makes Kyungsoo want to kiss each rosy one.


So he does. And even plants one last peck on Jongin's lips for good measure. As he pulls away, looking straight at Jongin, he mouths. "Me too. I love you."

Jongin closes the space in between them and pours his heart into the kiss they share and he can't help but smile when he senses Kyungsoo doing the same.
 

 

 

 


Days with Jongin are never too hot or cold.

Never painfully slow, boring, or busy.

Certainly never lonely.

It's simply perfect.



Kyungsoo finds himself daydreaming of an ideal world.

A world where the sun is always shining,

but doesn't get overwhelmingly hot.

Rain falls but never floods.



And in the middle of this world, his world, is Jongin.

Free of a disease that will take away his passion.

And when they're together, Kyungsoo can sing,

and Jongin can dance to the rich tunes that flow effortlessly from his lips.

They can laugh out loud as they sip lemonade.

Together.

 


A/N: Yes, ladies and gents(?) the story has finally come to an end! I'm sorry it took so long, but there was no way I wasn't going to finish this story~ ^^ I had to finish my other Kaisoo story before I completed this and I did! So if you feel like reading lackluster writing and , check out my other story, "I Just Want You to Believe Me" :p

So! What did you think? Please PLEASE tell me! I beg of youuuu! Did it meet your expectations~? Were you surprised?

Idk, I had fun writing this story! I'll say writing a mute character is SO DIFFICULT. I might have said this before, (i'm too lazy to check) but while writing this, in pretty much every chapter, I forgot Kyungsoo was mute and had to go back and re-write things to fix this problem. OTL

thank each of you so much for sticking with me all this time! I dedicate this to you all! <3