6.

Annoying giant

 

It was the last day of the semester and the students are only a few hours away from their vacation break. Justine could already taste freedom at the tip of her tongue and it made her sigh with relief. She did manage to survive the semester, almost flunking because of certain distractions but passed nonetheless, albeit barely.

 

Justine stood up and gathered her stuffs with a smile on her face. She couldn't wait to get home and catch up on some sleep, but Taeyeon her sister together with her cousin Hyoyeon clearly had other plans.

 

"Okay! All final exams done, all projects submitted! Now time to get drunk!" Taeyeon screamed and before she could react she was dragged out of the room, heading to only God knows where.

 

Minutes later and she found herself in their cousin's apartment, beer cup in hand, good music tickling her ears. There were quite a number of people, some she could only recognize by face, but she was sure that they were all from the same university.

 

Justine realized that drinking though she was prohibited because she's underage and listening to good music would be a great way to close a very stressful semester, and probably making a couple of new friens wouldn't hurt too.

 

"Hey, you're Justine right?"

 

She looked at the girl infront of her and smiled as she nodded.

 

"I'm Yoona, it's nice to finally meet you. Taeyeon unnie said I should say Hi to you." The girl said as she grinned at her extending her hand which she accepts gladly giving her a firm handshake.

 

"Hahaha. You're so lucky to finally meet my awesome sister eh? Nice Yoong!" Taeyeon interrupted their small talk. Making them both turned their head to her.

 

"I know right unnie. Ha! You don't have to say that. Everyone knows I'm awesome." Justine said making cute gestures that brings the other girls to laugh.

 

"Looks like your sister is somehow conceited Taeng unnie." Yoona said while lauging like an alligator.

 

Justine burst out laughing seeing the way Yoona laughs. 

 

"Yoona-shi you look like an alligator when you laugh! I can totally see your lungs! HAHAHAHA!" Justine said after recovering from laughing hard.

Yoona puffed her cheeks while pouting causeing Justine and Taeyeon to chuckled. She seems cool. Justine thought.

 

"Just feel at home Yoong. Anyway, There are more beers in the kitchen, just help yourself. I'm going to my other friends. And please keep an eye to this giant stick beside you. She can't drink too much. I'm dead with my mom if ever. Please?" Taeyeon said in a pleading tone as she make her way to her friends. Leaving them alone.

 

"Okay unnie." Yoona yelled at Taeyeon.

 

"So, Justine-shi. Tell me about yourself."

 

"Cut the formality Yoona unnie. You're my sisters friend so treat me as your friend too." Justine said smiling at Yoona

 

"As you wish Justine-ah. Treat me as your friend too. It's alright?" Yoona said.

 

"Ofcourse! Anyway, I'll tell you later. I just need some fresh air, I'm sweating so much. I won't drink anymore don't worry." Justine said.

 

"Okay, want me to accompany you?"

 

"No, but thanks. I'll be at the veranda. The veranda's that way. If you need anything you can see me there. Okay? I'll see you later." Justine waved at her as she proceed to the veranda. 

 

"Okay I'll be with Taeyeon unnie." Yoona said as she also make her way to her friends.

--------

 

It's been 30minutes since Justine stayed in the veranda. She heard a gasped so she turned her head to the door and almost gasped loudly when she see the familiar blonde hair girl looking at her with the equally surprised face.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I'll just go back. I--"

 

Jessica was about to turn when she heard Justine yell.

 

"No! Don't leav-- I mean, uh," Jessica smiled inwardly at the cute stuttering. "I've been here s-since earlier so you could, uhm, stay here instead."

 

Justine moved toward the door, and Jessica didn't know exactly what came over her, but she reached for the younger girl, holding her by the elbow.  She felt the red hair girl stiffened so she released her.

 

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. Uhm, yeah. But," Jessica cleared before continuing. "You can stay."

 

"A-Are you s-sure? I-I don't want to a-annoy you." Justine whispered but it's still loud enough for her to hear. It made her laugh loudly.

 

She saw Justine's confused face so she willed herself to stop.

 

"Sorry for that. I didn't know you're funny." Jessica said as she wiped her tears from laughing fit.

 

"What?"

 

She smiled at the taller girl, and she smiled even more when Justine gawked at her shamelessly.

 

"Let's just say that I'm used to you "Annoying me" that it doesn't really annoys me anymore."

 

"R-Really?"

 

"Yes, really."

 

"Oh, okay. Sorry about that anyway."

 

Jessica wanted to laugh at the disbelieving face but she doesn't want to be rude. She never knew how cute her giant annoying acquiantance could be, especially when she was quiet and not bothering her.

 

After what seemed to be hours, Justine had finally smiled at her with that annoying grin she had been missing for the past few weeks.

 

She couldn't begin to understand how the tall girl had managed to sneak it's way to her heart with the most unflattering ways ever, but Justine did it succesfully, despite being annoying.

 

"I guess I owe you a proper introduction." She heard Justine say before seeing the other girl extended hand, a huge smile plastered on her face. "Kim Justine. Third year highschool student, stupid annoying admirer."

 

"Jessica Jung, fourth year highschool student, stupid denial queen."

 

She chuckled at her introduction as she shook Justine's hand gently feeling all her armor breaking down on her feet.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

NEW BEGINNING. NEW LIFE. WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT? HAHAHA. I GUESS I NEED TO CONTINUE WRITING THIS STORY. THANKYOU READERS! :)))))

 

 

*DO YOU HAVE TWEETER OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT? YOU CAN ADD ME.

[email protected]

@dadakina