End

Catch Me

I was trembling. From the cold, from shock. Rain was pelting down upon my frame as I sat on the steps outside Junsu's apartment. The clouds overhead were bruised, thundering with their fury. I was lost, alone. No idea where to go, what to do. How could I have done this to myself? Why did this happen to me? How could I be so stupid?

“Jin Ae?”

I barely looked up as Junsu hurried from his car. His sneakers splashed in puddles, his blonde hair hidden underneath a hood.

“Jin Ae, what's wrong?” I couldn't answer him. I was numb. He shook me. “Jin Ae?” I looked up at him, tears pouring from my eyes. Their warmth was extreme against my frozen cheeks. The tears scared him even more. “Let's get you inside.”

He pulled me to my feet, helped me into the humidity of the apartment building. My feet were cold, could barely get up the stairs. Getting the apartment unlocked was a hassle for him as he tried to help me stay upright. I just couldn't stand against my own wretched weight. Once we were inside, I was sat on the couch and a blanket placed over my trembling form.

“Come on. You're scaring me, Jin Ae. Talk to me.” When my tongue still couldn't lift to answer, his hands cupped my cheeks so I had to look into his eyes. They were filled to the brim with worry, a fear for the worst. “What's wrong?”

Finally, I managed an utterance. The ugly, unbearable truth. It was the only thing I could afford to say in that ungodly moment of self-loathing and misery.

“I'm pregnant.”

끝     

 

--------

 

Another double update. This is the final chapter, but there will be a sequel. So be sure to watch out for it!