Ch.7

To Be Enjoyed

Dongwook awoke to an alarm he had (thankfully) set-up as a precaution before they began drinking heavily the previous night in order to wake his dongsaeng.  But, as his eyes came into focus, he froze in place and couldn’t move to shut it off- at least not right away.  He had Seunghyun wrapped in his arms, both facing each other, separated by mere inches.  Did we fall asleep while we were hugging?  His breath caught in his throat as he felt the warm breath of the younger on his skin and his arms rise and fall with his breathing, legs almost tangled together. 

He noticed the younger’s phone was within reach so, gently pulling his top arm off him, he shut off his alarm and then reached over for the other’s phone.  He took the liberty of checking Jiyong’s email in order to know what time Seunghyun absolutely had to be awake.  He sighed in relief when he read that he didn’t have to be at the studio until 1pm.  Placing the phone back where it was, he rested his arm back on top of the younger’s waist and looked at his sleeping face.  He looked so peaceful but definitely like someone who had cried to sleep even though he had not actually cried.  But they both had felt just as sad, just as exhausted. 

He didn’t know when the younger opened his eyes and focused on his own or how long they were lying there, wrapped in each other’s arms, simply staring at each other.  He didn’t even know what it was that broke him out of his trance and made him realize it.  But, once he did, he had to fight the urge to pull away because the younger wasn’t doing so and he didn’t want to hurt their relationship further.

“Good morning hyung.”

“Good morning Seunghyun-ah.”

“We slept like this then?”

“I guess so.  I guess we just….we fell asleep and didn’t move at all.”

“And we’re not moving now.  Not that I want to.”

Dongwook’s breath caught in his throat for the second time this morning at the younger’s words.  He was far beyond surprised at his behavior and even more at his words.  He likes being like this.  He’s comfortable with me.  Maybe I haven’t ruined everything.

Seunghyun must have read his thoughts on his face because he scooted even closer to him so that their chests were pressed against each other and their faces only a small breath away.  They searched each other’s eyes in silence, feeling each other’s breath warm on their skin. 

“Hyung,” the younger said tentatively after a few minutes.

“Mmmm?”

“Why….”

The older’s heart began to race because the proximity coupled with the uncertainty in Seunghyun’s voice indicated something was coming that he might never be ready for.  Oh God, what is he going to say?

“Why- why did it happen?” 

Dongwook knew perfectly well what he was asking about but feigned confusion on the off chance he might be wrong.  God I hope I’m wrong.

The younger sighed, releasing a long and hot breath on the older’s mouth (sending chills cascading down his body and creating an odd warmth in the pit of his stomach), as his eyes looked pleadingly into his own.

“Why- why did you kiss me?”

 

A/N: I had this chapter ready so I thought I'd post it before the holidays.  It's short but I hope you like it.  Thanks again to my readers, I do read & appreciate your comments & I'm sorry I don't always respond to each one.  Happy holidays to everyone!  ヾ(⌒ー⌒)ノ