Ch.4

To Be Enjoyed

After another couple of minutes in silence during which the two simply looked at each other, Dongwook slipped his hands from Seunghyun’s shoulders and onto his back to pull him into a hug.  When he felt the younger returning his embrace he smiled softly and said, “You know you’re my favorite dongsaeng?” 

“Am I?”

“You are.”

Seunghyun smiled as he placed his chin on the older’s shoulder and thought about what to say.  “You’re my favorite hyung.  But you’re more than that.”

“What do you mean?”

“You make me feel comfortable.  I trust you and always have fun with you.”

“Ah, I see.  I’m glad for it then.”

Their embrace lingered for a few more minutes of silence and would have gone on longer had Seunghyun’s phone not beeped with the alert of a new text message and surprised them both into jumping back.  He reached into his pocket and checked his message, which was, of course, from Jiyong.

[I am going to change schedules I had made for next week so make sure you check your email tonight to arrive on time and prepared tomorrow.]

[Okay thanks for letting me know.  Don’t work yourself too hard tonight.]

[Don’t wear yourself out too much hyung.  You need to be alert tomorrow.]

“Jiyong’s made changes to the schedule and is still working, of course.”  Dongwook nodded in understanding and pulled out his own phone to call for a company car which, he was told, would arrive within 20 minutes.  He walked into Seunghyun’s kitchen and sat at the small table as he called out, “Give me a snack dongsaeng!  You need to take better care of me!”  Seunghyun wandered into the kitchen feigning annoyance and asked, “What do you want?”  The older simply nodded toward a bottle of liquor sitting atop a shelf and smirked.  “Snack?” said the younger with an amused expression. 

“It’s like a drinks appetizer.  Is that not a type of snack?”  The younger laughed as he poured them both a glass and went over to the table.  He grabbed the chair opposite the older and was about to pull it out when the other kicked the chair adjacent to him out and motioned for him to sit there instead.  The younger dropped himself into the chair and habitually crossed one leg over the other as he took a sip. 

“So are we just going to drink here until we have a car to take us drinking elsewhere?”

“That’s the idea.”

“See?  Not just a hyung.  Bad influence, too.”

The older scoffed and said, “Like you wouldn’t be drinking here alone anyway.”

He made an offended face and said, “Me?  Hyung, I only started drinking because you kept taking me out.”

They both burst out laughing knowing that was far from the truth.  “If anyone here does the corrupting it’s you my dear dongsaeng.”  The younger cocked an eyebrow but couldn’t exactly deny it.  Though he wouldn’t exactly call it corruption either.  He drained his glass and asked, “Ready for another?”  The older nodded with a knowing smile and he poured them both a second glass. 

“We should toast to something.”

“Toast?”

“To the handsome Choi brothers.”

The younger couldn’t help but laugh at his hyung’s joke knowing full well that he was not actually that vain.  “To the handsome Choi brothers,” he choked out between his laugh because he just couldn’t keep his face straight and they both proceeded to empty half the contents in their glass in one drink.  Being that the liquor was quite strong and they were both on an empty stomach (they hadn’t eaten since lunch, after all) it wasn’t long before the drinks started getting to them. 

Their laughing was interrupted by Dongwook’s phone going off.  “Hello?  Oh yes we will be right out.  Thank you.”  He drained the remaining liquor from his glass and stood, taking hold of the younger’s hand as he did so.  “Time to go Seunghyun-ah,” he said in a low voice and began pulling him up by the hand but not before the younger finished his own drink.  After setting the glass down on the table he allowed himself to be pulled up but quickly lost his balance and stumbled slightly. 

They both laughed again and it took a couple minutes to regain composure, the older’s hand still wrapped around the younger’s.  Neither made any motion to let go but actually tightened their hold, Seunghyun curling his own fingers around his hyung’s hand and slightly squeezing.  He grabbed onto the older’s hip to steady himself and looked up to meet his gaze.  Silence fell over both of them and everything, once again, suddenly felt very intimate.  “The driver is waiting,” the older said quietly.  The younger nodded and turned to head out with the other trailing slightly behind him, still hand-in-hand.

 

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a bit short!  The next chapter is of similar length but a bit more happens in it so hopefully you'll like it.  The story is still in its early stages but it gets a bit more *intense* soon.  Once again, thank you so much for reading, subscribing, and commenting!  (^-^)