Ch.2

To Be Enjoyed

 

As they were walking back to the company Seunghyun’s phone began to ring and, seeing it was Jiyong, he immediately answered.  “Hi leader,” he said half-jokingly.  “Hey hyung, I decided to cut tonight’s practice.  I want to work some things out first.”  Seunghyun nodded as if the young leader could see him and said, “Okay, thank you for letting me know.” 

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes, Jiyong just wanted to let me know we won’t be having practice tonight.”

“Ah, so I can keep you then!”

Seunghyun laughed at his hyung’s enthusiasm, “Only if you want me.”

“Of course I do,” answered the older in a tone that was difficult to read.  It wasn’t playful or serious.  It wasn’t dry.  Seunghyun didn’t know quite what it was but he didn’t put much thought into it.

“What do you have in mind?”

The older smirked and asked, “Bar?”

The younger nodded and responded, “Well I just need to pick up a few things I left behind and go home for a change of clothes.”  Dongwook nodded and, thinking he was already dressed said, “I can accompany you, come!”  He grabbed his dongsaeng’s arm and pulled him toward the building, all-but skipping the way to the main entrance in excitement.  It had been so long since they had been out drinking, after all.  The younger simply laughed as he allowed himself to be dragged into the building and onto the elevator. 

“I guess we are drinking after all,” Seunghyun announced as he entered the studio where the leader was still scrawling lyrics in his notebook.  Jiyong looked up and laughed, “Why am I not surprised you would do that the minute you have free time?”  All three laughed and the oldest shook his head, “Aw yongie-ah, do you not want to join?  Or are your workaholic tendencies once again taking over?”  Jiyong nodded and said, “Of course they are.  I need to get these lyrics done and work on some of the choreography as well as make some concept tweaks for the album, show, and videos.”  Dongwook’s eyes widened, always taken aback by how much of a workaholic the young leader really was.  “Surely you won’t be doing all of that tonight?”  Jiyong simply shrugged indicating he was definitely going to attempt it.  The two older men laughed at their friend and co-worker knowing it was futile to even try to convince him otherwise.  Finally having gathered his things, Seunghyun walked toward his hyung and called out, “Bye jiyongie-leader!  Let us know if you change your mind!”  Jiyong simply waved them off and continued working.

“I came in my car so we can just go to your place in that,” Dongwook told the younger casually as they headed into the company garage.  Seunghyun stepped into the luxurious car and rested his head back on the headrest and let out a long, low breath.  He didn’t realize how tired he was until now that he was finally getting a break but that wouldn’t stop him from going out.  Knowing his dongsaeng needed rest the older the radio and allowed him to nod off as he made his way to Seunghyun’s villa.  He still found it amusing that he chose to live alone and relatively far rather than the convenience and camaraderie of the dorms but still understood it coming from his dongsaeng.  He was just more comfortable this way, even if it did present a few minor difficulties from time to time.  When they finally arrived, the older grasped the younger’s shoulder and gently shook him to wake up.  Seunghyun groggily opened his eyes to his villa and nodded, stumbling out of the car with Dongwook close behind. 

“Do you just want to leave your car here and we can take a company car out?  That way you don’t have to worry about driving.”  The older nodded at the suggestion and gingerly slipped onto the couch, flipping on the television in total comfort.  The younger walked off to his bedroom to get ready knowing his hyung was completely comfortable, almost as if this were his own home.  He didn’t take too long getting ready, as it was more of a casual night out, and he slipped onto the couch beside his hyung about 15 minutes later.  “It’s still early,” he said simply.  The older nodded and selected a variety program to watch as he settled into the couch more cozily.  “Want to do anything beforehand?”  The younger shrugged and said, “Rest.”  Dongwook nodded in understanding and shifted on the couch as he brought Seunghyun’s head down to his shoulder.  “Get some rest then,” he instructed him.  Seunghyun gave a tiny nod as he shifted his own body to comfortably align with his head now resting on his hyung’s shoulder and closed his eyes, almost immediately drifting off into a peaceful sleep.