Ch.10

To Be Enjoyed

 

After a couple minutes, during which Dongwook was eternally grateful that Seunghyun did not stop him, he finally pulled back slightly.  The younger’s lips were still so close to his own he could feel their warmth, driving him a bit crazy.  He only managed to breathe out, “See?”  

 

“Hyung, I can’t just-” but he stopped because he couldn’t think clearly either due to their proximity.  And he couldn’t move past the fact that what he wanted more than anything was to feel those plump lips against his own again.  A choked-up breath escaped his mouth as he felt a single tear glide down his cheek, only to be wiped away by the older’s thumb.  “Why are you crying?”  He didn’t know what to say.  All he could think about was that, despite the pain he suddenly felt, he just wanted to kiss the older again.  So he did.  

 

He bridged the tiny gap between them and they fell into their longest, sweetest kiss yet with more tears escaping the corners of Seunghyun’s eyes the entire time.  How he could feel confusion, pain, and beautiful warmth at the same time was beyond him.  He leaned into the older more almost causing him to fall back on the bed, to which the older made a small noise of surprise against his lips.  Seunghyun finally pulled back, a bit further this time, and hastily cleared away what tears he could.  “How can I want to do this but feel so much pain and confusion?”

 

“I don’t know.  It’s just difficult to accept I guess.”  

“Why aren’t you like this?”

“I am, just mostly on the inside.  But I think…I think I’m more willing to accept.”

“It’s because you’re old,” the younger managed a small joke.

 

This caused the largest smile to take over the older’s full lips and he couldn’t help but pull the younger in for another kiss, but a brief one.  “Seunghyun-ah, I think…I think we need to think about this carefully but should maybe take some time.”

 

“Some time…”

“Not a lot, maybe even just today or until we feel better to talk.  It’s too much right now.  And we definitely need to stop kissing until we can decide on something.”

“Decide something?”

“Seunghyun, do you really think we are just going to be friends like before with random moments where we want to kiss?”

The younger looked down because he knew his hyung was right.  They needed to think about what had happened and figure out a way to move forward.  Before even thinking, he asked, “Hyung what is it that you want from me?”

 

The older’s eyes widened.  “I’m not expecting anything.”

“I didn’t say you were.  I want to know what you want.”

“I- I’m not sure.”

 

There was another stretched out silence before the younger finally asked, “Do you want to keep kissing me?”

 

“I- I do.  But not as much as I want us to be okay.”

 

The younger could do nothing more but nod in understanding, still unable to meet the other’s gaze.  He likes me.  He wants to keep kissing me.  Do I feel the same way?  Is that why I feel the warmth and find myself unable to pull away?  Is that what feels different?

 

The older his cheek reassuringly, “You don’t need to think too hard now or tell me how you feel.  We both still need to think.”  The younger nodded but felt uncertain.  Would time really help them figure things out?  And how was he supposed to think things through during his schedule today?  He leaned his head on Dongwook’s shoulder and pulled him into a tight hug seeking the comfort of his hyung, his friend, because that’s what he needed now more than ever.  He needed a friend.  He felt sadness sweep over him as he realized the friend he was hugging was also the source of the problem and he had no idea who he could talk to about this.  He doubted any of his friends would understand.  After all, who would be willing to accept that he was conflicted about his feelings toward a friend and co-worker, let alone a male friend and co-worker?  He doubted if even Jiyong was that open-minded.  He sighed audibly and felt his hyung begin to make circles on his back to comfort him.  He was acting as the friend he always was, something Seunghyun was thankful for, but knew wasn’t enough.

 

I am going to have to talk to somebody about this, he thought.  It was absolutely necessary.  It’s going to have to be Jiyong, he’s my best shot.  His body tensed with the anxiety he felt at the prospect of consulting the young leader about such a complicated personal matter.  Sure, they were great friends and had helped each other out in the past, but this was vastly different than any situation either had ever encountered.  He just hoped that, against all odds, Jiyong wouldn’t judge him for being conflicted over Dongwook.  He knew the dangers of even thinking of another man in a romantic sense and hoped Jiyong was at least progressive enough not to completely lose respect and cut him off.  He knew he wouldn’t lose his career, at least not for just bringing up the question, but the relationship could definitely be strained.  

 

Thinking of Jiyong made his eyes dart to the clock and gasp as he pulled away from the older, scaring him into thinking something was wrong between them.  “I have to get ready!”  The older nodded in understanding and relief as he, too, gathered his things to get ready to leave.  They scrambled around to get ready quickly and have a quick meal before the older offered the younger a ride to the studio.  “Thanks hyung,” he said sincerely as he slid onto the passenger’s seat.  Had he waited for a company car he might have been late and, given Jiyong knew they went out drinking, he would have been scolded quite heavily.  Thankfully, they made it to the company 15 minutes early.  Seunghyun stepped out of the car quickly, focusing only on his schedule, before he stopped in his tracks unable to think of how to say goodbye to the older.  He stiffly turned around and opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.  “I’ll text you,” the older took the lead.  Smiling reassuringly he said, “Go on.  You don’t want Jiyong to start getting anxious.”  The younger nodded and waved goodbye before stepping into the main lobby and onto the elevator.

 

A/N: Hello everyone!  Finally, an update!  I want to start off by welcoming my new subscribers and thanking all of you for your continued interest in my story.  I will be responding to all comments for this chapter, so if there is anything you've wanted to say or ask now would be the time!  I do read all of the comments you post and greatly appreciate them, my apologies for not being so great about replying to them.  In any case, I hope you've enjoyed this new chapter!

 

*And TOP's message to Se7en totally didn't make me get teary-eyed.  Not at all.  ;-;