Zzz Zzz

Straight As Student.

“Pens down!” The invigilator said, his firm voice travelling across the hall. Everyone dropped their pens immediately. I was done with the paper 10 minutes ago, and I’ve been checking for careless mistakes since justnow (which I can’t find any). I can safely say that the paper is easy as expected.

The invigilator collected the papers, taking his time. While I was impatiently waiting, my eyes searched the room for that student who was late for the exam. He was still sitting there, leaning back on the chair, relaxing. I wonder what’s going on inside his mind. He may look like that because well, he doesn’t even care about this exam which explains why he was late for this important day. Ah, typical.

“All of you are dismissed. Please move out quietly,” The invigilator instructed. The students stood up from their seats and made a beeline for the door. We are finally leaving this examination hall. I can’t be happier than that! The results are going to be out next week. I just can’t wait!

While I was in the cafeteria to buy some snacks before heading home, my two goofy best friends, Bom and Top, crowded around me. Top paid for the cheesecake I wanted to buy and pulled me down to an empty table.

“How’s the paper, miss straight as?” Top nudged me playfully, “I bet it’s easy for you! Am I right?” “Hell yeah, you are right!” I laughed. Bom smiled and patted my head, “I’m sure you secured the top place already.” Ah, look, I’m just too happy to be given such good brains. I am certain that I will top the level again. I’m just too certain. And honestly, there’s nothing to be afraid of because I’ll definitely pass.

“So, do you girls want to come over my place and play video games?” Top winked, especially at Bom. Bom nod her head eagerly, “Yeah, I would love to!” Top turned to me, “How about you?” “I’m sorry but I can’t come. My parents are going to have lunch with some of their friends and they want me there. So, I’m sorry.”

Bom pouted, “Aww! You’re going to miss all the fun!” “But there’s always next time,” Top gave me a warm smile and stood up, “Let’s go, Bom!” And the two of them left. It sure to be left behind, don’t you think? Glancing at the watch, it’s already 10:45am and I need to be home before 11:30am! I have to rush!

I was walking very briskly to the bus stop, and managed to catch the bus I’m supposed to take. The bus is surprisingly empty today. I make myself comfortable on a seat just behind another student from the same school. If I were to look at him very carefully, I can actually tell who this person is just by looking at his back.

 

 When my stop has arrived, I stood up to alight the bus. And that student alighted too. I gave him a little stare and he stared back at me, as if trying to recall who I was. Wait- don’t tell me he’s-

“You are the girl that I bumped to right?” He asked me. When he said that, the scene where I caused him to drop his books and files came to mind. YES, IT WAS HIM! And he is also the guy who was late for the exam earlier just now. I knew it!

I nod my head, “Yeah. And no, I’m the one who bumped on you. Sorry,” I apologized even though it’s been days already. Well, actually I would love to put the blame on him but nevermind; it’s not nice to be like that. He smiles and held out his hand, “By the way, I’m Jiyong Kwon. And you must be Sandara Park.” He knew my name?

“How do you know my name?” I eyed at him suspiciously. “You are the student who tops the level every year. How could anybody not know you?” He laughed and pulled out his beanie, “So, I should make my leave. My parents are expecting me.” “Oh yeah, mine too. See you around tomorrow.” Wow, I can’t lie but when he wore that beanie he looks extra cute. And did I just mistake him as a bad boy? I thought bad boys don’t listen to their mamas! And damn it, I got to run home or else I’m late.

“Oh honey, you are home!” My mum stretched out her arms when she saw me walked in. I gave her a long hug. My mum then looked at me, “So, how’s your paper?” I flicked my hair, “As usual, mum, it’s so easy!” My mum messed my hair and pushed me up the stairs, “Okay, go and get dressed! The visitors are coming soon!” And you don’t know how much I hate having visitors…

I was in the kitchen, helping my mum to put the plates and utensils neatly on the table. And the bell rang. My mum quickly ran towards the door to greet the visitors. From the kitchen, I can hear her sharing her lame jokes to her friends, and I can tell that her friends are just forcing a laugh. My mum’s jokes aren’t funny, you know!

And when they stepped into the kitchen, the first thing her friends said was, “Oh my god! Your daughter looks so grown up now! You are so pretty!” And she pinched my cheeks so hard. Well, that doesn’t annoy me actually. The one that seriously annoyed me was my mum. She pulled her friend’s son beside me and admired the both of us, “Aww, the two of you can be a great couple!” Oh please, being in a relationship with someone like him is never in my to-do lists.

After lunch, my parents had a little chit-chat session in the living room. I was supposed to do the dishes in the kitchen alone but that somebody just wants to come around and accompany me. My inner soul is screaming for help… HELP!

 

AUTHORS NOTE

Please subscribe, comment, and support this fic!

  <--- Jiyong is agreeing with me >:O kekeke