Scars

Straight As Student.

“And that’s how you solve the equation.”

Jiyong was explaining to Chaerin on how to do those equations which looked so easy to him. In fact, it was too easy. It’s the basics. But Chaerin still doesn’t understand.

She tried doing the other equations by herself but had troubles. Again, Jiyong had to explain the correct way to do it. As he leaned in closer to teach, Chaerin took it as an opportunity to lean in even closer. Jiyong notices that, but ignored.

After doing a couple of sums, Chaerin stretched her arms and gaze at Jiyong lovingly, “Thank you for teaching me. Atleast, I know the basics now.”

“It looks like I make a better teacher, huh?” Jiyong laughed. She nods her head, “If you’re my math teacher, I’ll never skip class.”

Jiyong laughed, looking away. There was a moment of silence as Chaerin leans on Jiyong’s shoulder. Jiyong’s heart was racing and he doesn’t know what to do. But it’s so tempting. He remembered back in the empty corridor where nobody was there except the two of them. How he massaged Chaerin’s head and her neck, how she moaned to it softly, how her eyes glistened every time he looks at them… Without thinking about what Dara once told him, he wrapped his arms around Chaerin’s waist, casting a victory smile on her face.

“You’re easy to get, Jiyong,” Chaerin thought to herself, smirking.

She looked up at Jiyong, “Jiyong oppa, are you free this Saturday? Let’s hang out together.”

Jiyong never hangs out with his friends before… Wait, does he even have friends last time? Still, he doesn’t want to remind himself of his nightmare back in the past. He doesn’t want to remember anything about it.

He smiles at Chaerin, “Sure.”

After school, Bom had to go for her cheerleading practice again. Top and I sent her to the gym.

“I can’t wait to actually cheer for my school one day!” Bom said, “It would be so awesome to show other people our cool stunts!” She opened the gym doors and waved goodbye, “I’ll see you both tomorrow!”

“Um, can I watch?” Top prevented the door from closing. Bom turned around, “You want to stay and watch?” Top nods, “Yeah. Can’t I?” Bom giggled and pulled him in.

I can already see Top is in love. Top always watches the cheerleaders do their practice every morning. But he never watches them do their practice after school. But ever since Bom was in the team, he’s more than happy to stay and watch.

I strolled down the hallway, feeling a little sad somewhere in my heart. I don’t know what the cause is. I kept some books in my locker, closed it and leaned onto it, as my mind flies to another dynamic world.

My phone beeps indicating a new text message, slashing through my thoughts. I checked it, only to see Taeyang’s name in there.

Taeyang: Do you want to watch the movies this Saturday? It’s my treat! :)

 A movie this Saturday? Yes, I’m free on that day but…

“Who are you texting?” I looked up, seeing Jiyong smiling over me.

I laughed nervously, “Just a friend.”

He nods his head, in understanding and stood there, just looking at me. After texting Taeyang, I looked at him.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to help Chaerin do her homework?”

“Oh, I helped her with that during break. So now I can go home,” Jiyong said.

“Then why are you here?” I cocked an eyebrow.

He rubbed his arms, unsure about what to say, “I thought we could go home together. If you don’t mind…”

Bingo! Dara, this is a good opportunity to get to know him, and even ask him out on Saturday. You can just give Taeyang’s movie treat a miss, Dara.

I smiled, “Why not?”

The both of us left the school compound together, walking side by side. It was a long silent walk from the school to the bus stop. And I am really beginning to hate long awkward silence like this.

“So, how was your first time teaching Chaerin?” I asked him. And I noticed the expression on his face. It’s like something big happened but he doesn’t want to share it. I peered closer, “Anything interesting happened?”

Jiyong shook his head almost immediately, “Nothing happen. I just helped her with homework and that’s all.”

“Why do you want to go home with me?” I asked him.

He sighs, “Well, I just want a friend.” I slapped his back, “You got lots of friends in this school. I mean, it’s like everyone in the school loves you. You are the Straight As Student, hello?!”

He stared at me then looked away, shaking his head in disbelief, “You know, I’m just not used with these ‘attention’ from everyone. I may top the level but I didn’t expect everyone to love me.”

“Why not? This school is filled with friendly people...” I told him but changed my mind after I remembered about Chaerin, “…well, except for some.”

Jiyong shook his head, “Still, I’m not used with this environment. I don’t have much attention last time and when I transferred here, it’s like BOOM! Attention everywhere when all I did was just topped the level…”

“Well, why don’t you adapt to it? I did the same thing too. I know what it feels like in the first time, but you’ll get used to it. And you will learn how to enjoy this amount of attention you’re receiving,” I said. He shrugs, “Maybe.”

But somehow, it feels like he’s troubled. Is there something he’s hiding?

I need to gain his trust. I need him to tell me what his problem was. But how?

“Jiyong, if you need a listening ear, I can be one,” I told him which leaves him stunned. I stared at him but he didn’t even move his eyes. He was just…surprised at what I told him. I snapped my fingers in front of him and then he came back to the real world.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked him.

“Like I said, I’m not used to it.”

“But don’t you have someone as your listening ear last time? Don’t you have friends that care for you?”

“…Well, I don’t think so,” He begins to frown.

I noticed that, and I don’t know whether I should ask him anymore personal questions. I don’t want to see him break down. I will have no clue on how to cheer someone up because I’m just bad at it. Really bad.

“Well, trust me, I am a good friend. I am always there for my friends. You are my friend. So, why not share your problems with me?”

Jiyong pulled me down to a nearby bench, “Well…” He begins to unroll his sleeve and there it was… scars…

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm brainstorming ideas for the next chapter and you don't know how it's driving me nuts.

Because why? Because I don't know what the next chapter will be like! D':

But we'll see what comes out.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE STORY SO FAR ^O^

I'm trying my best to improve in any way I can.

Do subscribe, add a little comment, and support! Greatly appreciated!