Fun & Games [Part 1/2]

Straight As Student.

I really don’t know who to go with. I want to go out with Chaerin but in the same time, I do want to go out with Dara. But, I can go out with the both of them. Isn’t that better?

I called the both of them and told them to wait for me in front of a certain store. They didn’t know that there will be extra company.

I wore a v-neck shirt with long sleeves. I have to cover up those scars of course. I styled my hair, wore a necklace with a skull on it and a pair of skinny jeans. After which I think I was done, I left my room. My mum wasn’t at home, as usual.

“I’ll be there soon!” I said through the phone and kept it back in my pocket. Dara was there ten minutes earlier.

Dara’s POV

I got here ten minutes earlier because well, I am the punctual kind of person anyway. I don’t like it when people wait for me. I will feel really guilty if I were to be in that situation.

While I was waiting, I began thinking about Jiyong’s dad. He didn’t tell me the cause of death. Did his dad kill himself? Or was it just a murder? I am curious about whatever that happened. It must have been very hard on Jiyong.

While my mind was flooded with endless possibilities, someone’s voice slashed through those thoughts and brought me back to the real world. I looked up, and to my horrifying surprise, Chaerin was staring over me.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Chaerin asked me, her brows furrowed.

“I’m waiting for someone. He told me to wait here,” I said.

“That person I’m waiting for asked me to wait her too. Coincidence?” Chaerin smirked.

“I don’t think so,” I looked away.

Chaerin laughed, “By the way, I can’t wait to let you see my date.”

“Whoever it was, I don’t care. But, I have a date too, you know,” I emphasized the word ‘too’ just so that she knows I’m not a loser.

Chaerin rolled her eyes and looked away. There was silence until Jiyong finally showed up. His outfit was simple but it looks so nice on him. I waved when I saw him and so does Chaerin.

She nudged me, giving me a glare, “Why are you waving at him? He’s not your date.”

“He is!” I hissed.

The moment Jiyong is at arm’s reach, the first thing Chaerin did was give him a hug. Jiyong just hugged her back. While they did, Jiyong was smiling at me and mouthed the words ‘Hey’.

Jiyong released the hug and opened his arms for me to hug him but I hesitate. To not make things awkward, he hugged me instead which made my heart go racing like wild horses on the loose! I really wasn’t expecting that AT ALL.

“Hey, is she coming with us?” Chaerin shoots me a look of disgust.

“Okay, listen. Both of you asked me to hang out on Saturday, and I had a hard time choosing between the both of you. That is why we are all coming together,” Jiyong explained.

Oh crap, if he told me this during the phone call, I would have just reject the offer and continue sleeping. But looks like I’m here so, whatever.

“Great…” Chaerin mumbled under breath but Jiyong heard her, “Hmm?”

“I think it’s a good idea! I really like her around,” Chaerin said, faking a smile on her face when clearly, she means the opposite. I nod my head, going with the flow, “Yeah.”

Jiyong smiled and asked, “So, you girls hungry?”

“I’m so hungry!” Chaerin pouted and pointed to a nearby parlor selling different types of pancakes.

Ah, Chaerin, trying to show me that she’s better. Oh come on…

We ate pancakes. And it’s not the normal menu where you eat pancakes with maple syrup poured on top of it.

Jiyong ordered chocolate pancakes served with chocolate ice cream sprinkled with chocolate flakes and sliced strawberries topped off with chocolate sauce. It was so addictive that it makes me crave for more. One of the best pancakes I ever tasted.

“Wow, this is too good!”

“Can I have another plate, oppa?” Chaerin fluttered her eyelashes at him, using her so-called charm to persuade him to get another plate just for her.

“Okay,” He smiles and asked me, “Do you want another plate?”

I shook my head, “I’m grateful with whatever’s in my tummy. I don’t need anymore.”

Chaerin’s pancakes soon arrived and she thanked Jiyong for getting her another one. She cut a small bite size and raise it at Jiyong’s mouth, “Say ahh~” It felt awkward for me. Just wait, Chaerin, it’s my turn next time.

After eating the pancakes, Jiyong decided to go to the movies. He had the tickets already which explain why he’s a little late. He waved them in the air, and said, “It’s movie time!”

“What movie are we watching?” I asked.

“You’ll see!”

At the cinema, we sat down and ate some of our popcorns while waiting for the movie to start. And I am really hoping it wasn’t a horror movie.

When the time came, the lights died down and the movie started playing on the big movie screen. The title came out all of sudden accompanied by a lady’s high pitch laugh. It gives me the creeps. This is definitely a horror movie.

It was then followed by an eerie music. The protagonist was in the jungle and the only thing that he has was a torch light. He was walking around, looking for shelter or anyone who he might bumped into. The movie wasn’t scary, but there are a number of unexpected jump scares lurking every corner.

“OH NO!” Chaerin hugs Jiyong’s arm tightly, “THIS MOVIE IS SCARY!”

You call that the badass female? Can I laugh? No, I’m in the cinema. And people will start thinking that I’m weird because I’m laughing while watching a horror movie.

“You’re not scared?” Jiyong asked me.

“This box of popcorn can cover up my eyes,” I said, “Why did you ask?”

But before he could answer, Jiyong himself was petrified at the sudden jump scare sound effect that was so loud. He hugged onto Chaerin, while Chaerin hugged onto him. Oh my, that’s two points for Chaerin. I’m losing…

What to do?

After that movie that felt like hours, we finally left the cinema. It was freezing in there. And I need the restroom!

“Jiyong, I’m going to the restroom,” I said.

“Oh yes, me too!” Chaerin jumped beside me. Oh well…

The two of us went in the restroom. Like I expected, she will say something mean to me because this is the only time where she can express her annoyance, her hatred and disgust towards me.

“You’re a loser, Dara, you really are,” Chaerin said, laughing to herself.

“I know, but this ‘game’ hasn’t ended yet. I still have my chance to snatch him away from you, okay?”

“You call this a game?” Chaerin giggled, “Because for once, you get something right.”

“Oh shut up, Chaerin…” I rolled my eyes and got into an empty cubicle.

Chaerin got into the cubicle next to mine. We were still arguing. I hate losing. I really hate losing. I lost my spotlight in school already, and I do NOT want to lose this fight.

I got out of my cubicle and so does Chaerin. I washed my hands with soap, and checked my hair and face.

“Let’s see who gets the most points in the end of the day. I’ve got two. Good luck.”

Challenge accepted, Chaerin. We’ll see.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I spent hours doing this chapter.

I tried doing a chapter of Jiyong going out with Dara/Chaerin but doesn't work out.

So I decided to come up with this!

Hope you like it! TT

Subscribe if you want to know who wins the so-called 'game' they are playing here kekeke

And don't forget to comment too!

And thanks for the many comments!!!

SARANGHAE! ~ <3