Bad Night

Straight As Student.

After school that day, Bom had to go for her cheer leading practice. She was telling Top and I about this whole cheer leader thing the whole day.

“It’s like a dream! I’ve always wanted to become a cheer leader in school!” Bom squealed. “And today is my first practice with them!”

“Good luck, Bommie,” Top gave Bom a hug, “I’ll fetch you after school. We’ll go for dinner together.” Bom nods her head, “Roger that.” I nudged Top playfully, “The both of you are like couples.”

The end of Top’s lips curled to a smile. Bom blushed. Ah the both of them would probably make the sweetest couple ever, I swear.

“Anyway, guys, I got to go. My mum is inviting her friend over for dinner…” I said. Bom gave me a kiss on my cheeks, “I love you, Dara! See you tomorrow!” Top smiles at me and waved.

I waved back with the brightest smile but as I turn my head to the front, a little frown came crawling on my face as I know, I’m not looking forward to see Taeyang later this evening.

I was in the living room, reading some notes about physics when the bell rang. I could still hear my mum struggling in the kitchen.

“Sweetie, can you please open the door for me? Invite them for a seat first! I’m still preparing the drinks!” My mum shouted from the kitchen. Hell. This is totally what I expected. I throw those notes aside and got up. Taking a deep breath, I swing the door open. Taeyang’s family was there, smiling at me, Taeyang especially.

“Dara, you look so gorgeous in that dress!” His mum complimented me. I smiled, “Thank you. Oh, please come in,” I opened the door wider so they can enter. As they enter, Taeyang winked at me. On the outside, I’m smiling away. But in the inside, I’m cringing.

“Please take a seat first,” I motioned them to sit on the couch. They sat down and looked around. I was standing here, like an awkward turtle. Oh god, when is my mum going to be done?

“So, Dara,” Taeyang’s mum broke the awkward silence, “My son have been talking about you lately. He said he’s…” But Taeyang interrupted her, “No, mum, what are you saying? I was just joking!”

“Uh, what’s the commotion around here?” My mum finally came out from the damn kitchen. She greets everyone and invites them in for dinner. Since I was the last person to go into the kitchen, the minute I came in, all the seats are occupied except for the seat beside Taeyang.

Can this night get any more worse?

{Meanwhile…}

Top watched Bom eat her dinner after her long tiring hours of practice. Top swore that he is looking at the most beautiful lady in the world. And whenever Bom is happy, he feels happy too.

“Ah this dinner is too good!” Bom said, patting her tummy.

“I’m glad you like it,” Top smiles warmly, “So how was practice?”

Bom’s bubbly side came back to action. She started telling Top about every single thing that happened during practice. To how awkward it felt when she first came in to a hyper young girl after making more friends. Top listened to every single thing she said, his eyes locked into hers as she talks, his body posture leaning in closer.

Again, Top swore that he is looking at the most beautiful lady in the world.

“And that’s when you came to fetch me outside school!” She squealed. Top grins, “Ah, you always have lots of interesting stories to tell. And I love hearing about them.”

Bom’s eyes widened, “Really?”

“Yeah,” Top grins. Bom giggled and messed Top’s hair then stick her tongue out. Top didn’t care about his hair anymore. All he cares about is how happy Bom is when she’s with him. That is all that matters…

{Meanwhile…}

The guests left and you don’t know how relieved I was.

If you want to know what happened during dinner, is that I accidentally spilled my drink on my lap. I spoiled the whole dinner atmosphere like seriously, I did. When it spilled on my lap, I really was too shocked to even think of cleaning up the mess. And before I could do anything else, Taeyang took a tissue paper and helped me clean the mess that was on my lap.

THAT’S JUST AWKWARD!

“Dara sweetie, why are you so careless?” My mum asked me, looking at the stain on my dress. I sighed and shake my head, “Ma, I’m going to go and get some rest. Goodnight.” My mum look at me with a worried face then left to clear the kitchen.

I changed to my pajamas and throw myself on bed. I am tired mentally and physically. I don’t know what to feel anymore. After what Chaerin told me in the restroom, I feel peer pressure every now and then. I knew that girl is going to chase after Jiyong. I’ve seen her pattern over the years and she’s always going for the smartest guy. And Jiyong, hitting the spotlight like that gets her game going.

When will she ever stop?

The next morning at school, I met Top in the gym as usual. He was watching the cheer leaders do practice, and this time Bom is there which is why he is smiling all the time.

“Top, I need to tell you something,” I said urgently.

“Hmm?” But his eyes are still glued on the cheerleaders.

“We need to protect Jiyong from Chaerin!”

And you know what? I can’t believe I said that. To me, Jiyong is like my enemy. He’s stealing my spotlight away, he’s getting all the attention and I’m not. I have to be honest to myself. Ever since I topped the level three years in a row, I’ve become over-confident, and a little too proud if you can tell. And after Jiyong came to this school, it breaks my heart to see that he’s better than me. It made me realize that I’m not always the best and that there’s always someone better.

Instead of helping Jiyong, I should’ve just let Chaerin get to him, and maybe his grades will drop because he’s too busy with Chaerin and he will neglect his studies. And that way, I can easily take my spotlight back! But no, looks like I’m going to help Jiyong.

“Why?” Top finally looked at me. I sighed and told him what I feel. He smiles and patted my head. I rolled my eyes, “Are you just going to smile at me like that? Give me a suggestion! What can I do?!”

“I have only one suggestion and I know it’s going to work out,” Top grins.

I felt a little uneasy inside me. “Okay, what?”

“You have to make him fall in love with you…”

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Honestly, I think this fic is not that good.

This chapter is more like a disappointment D': sorry! 

But do you like the TOPBOM moment? *-*

And,

I will make sure the next chapter is better than this though :)

Do subscribe if you would like to know what happen next! :D

{A cute gif I came across today}