What...?

Straight As Student.

Students started buzzing as Jiyong and I walk through the aisle of the corridors. The spotlight is shining on Jiyong now and not me. Girls were literally drooling over him and some of their boyfriends are just annoyed at how Jiyong get so much attention from their girlfriends.

“Why are they staring at me? I am not used with all these staring,” Jiyong whispered at me. I let out a small laugh, “Once you get the spotlight, everyone will automatically love you. You’ll get lots of respect and well, many girls are going to fan girl over you.”

Jiyong looked at me, “What do you mean by spotlight?”

“Well,” I looked at my beautifully polished nails and smiled, “You topped the level which means the spotlight is shining on you now. Everyone loves the kid who tops the level.” Jiyong is finally getting the gist of it and stared at me, “So now everybody is chasing after me and not you?”

“DUH!”

We were reaching the gym where Top chills by himself most of the time, watching the cheer leaders do their morning practice. When he saw me walked in, he waved.

“He’s your boyfriend?” Jiyong asked me. I shook my head, “He’s my bestfriend.”

“Yo!” Top bro fisted me. He looked at Jiyong and grinned, “You must be that new kid who topped the level aye? Congratulations, bro!” Jiyong smiled, “Thanks.” Top held out his hand for a hand shake, “My name is Seung Hyun but call me Top.” “And my name is…” “Nah, we all know that, bro.”

I looked around, “Hey, where is Bom?”

“She wanted to join the cheer leader’s team. She’s right there, doing the try-outs,” Top pointed to the red haired girl who was doing cart wheels. My eyes go wide, “I didn’t know she can do ing cartwheels!” Top smirked, “She’s secretly talented.”

Jiyong glanced at his watch, “Oh it’s going to be eight. I should rush to class now.” I pulled his wrist to see the time and gasped loudly, “We should rush! I don’t want to be late too! Bye, Top!”

And before you know it, I am dragging Jiyong to class (and I honestly feel really awkward after that).

Jiyong nods his head, “I’ll see you during break, Sandara.” Wow, he wants to spend his break time with me and my friends. I smiled, “Just call me Dara!” And I walked to class just before the bell rang. Again, thank goodness!

I went to my seat and sat down, panting. My class partner teased me, “Hey, you should come earlier to class. You’ve been coming to class just before the bell rang nowadays.” I sighed, “I know that, Seungri.”

Seungri chuckles, “I never see you skip class before. Not even late. You’re a good girl, huh?” I rolled my eyes, “Yeah and I have to keep up my grades.” Seungri patted my head, “That’s my girl!”

I stared at him. He pretends he didn’t say anything and looked at his book. I smiled and pushed him playfully. He gave me a look then laugh.

Jiyong’s POV

I stepped in the class just before the bell rang. As I walked over to my seat, I can feel the eyes of everyone staring at me like as if I killed someone. I sat down and took out my books, all prepared for the lesson.

The teacher marched in. After greeting her, she started the lesson. I began writing down important notes that she pointed out. And suddenly, she paused and looked at me with a smile on her face, “Oh yes, Jiyong, I want to congratulate you for your results.”

“Oh, thank you, Mrs Kim,” I thanked her. She started teaching again. I sighed. The people in this school are way friendlier than my previous. My previous was a night mare. I rolled up my left sleeve and saw those scars. I cringed at the look of it and rolled it back. 

After the class was dismissed for break, Mrs Kim asked me and another girl whose name I remember was Chaerin. Chaerin smiled when she saw me. We stood next to each other.

“Chaerin have always failed this subject and she has difficulty coping and keeping up her grades. So since you are the top student, can I ask you for a favour and guide her through this long journey?” Mrs Kim requested me, a slight look of sympathy towards Chaerin.

I nod my head willingly, “I can do that.”

A smile was casted on Mrs Kim’s face when I said that. She smiled and looked at Chaerin, “Chaerin, I want you to cooperate with Jiyong. If you give him any troubles, he will report all of them to me.” Chaerin flicked her hair, “Of course, Mrs Kim, I’ll cause him no trouble at all.”

Mrs Kim smiled and dismissed us for break. Chaerin and I left the classroom together. “So, you are the girl who gave me that chocolate yesterday right?” I asked her. Chaerin nods her head, “Do you like it?”

“Of course I do. And thanks.” Chaerin laughs and looked around. The corridor is empty because most of the students are in the cafeteria. It brings a smirk on Chaerin’s face. Chaerin pretended to feel giddy and cling onto Jiyong.

I hold onto her, “Chaerin, are you okay?!” Oh no, what am I supposed to do? I need to bring her to the sick bay now! As if she could read my thoughts, she opened her eyes slowly, “No, Jiyong, please don’t bring me there.”

“Why? You don’t look so well,” I told her but she still insisted to stay at where we are. She hugged me even tighter, “Jiyong, I have a bad headache.” “Then why don’t I bring you to the sick bay?”

Chaerin shook her head and pressed her body to poor Jiyong. She buries her face onto Jiyong’s chest.

“Chaerin…” I tried to catch a glimpse of her face but the more he did that, the tighter Chaerin hugged onto him. I sighed. I told Sandara that I will see her during break but now I’m stuck here.

“J-Jiyong, can you please m-massage my head?” Chaerin looked up at me. I’ll just do whatever she wants so I can go and meet Sandara. I pulled her to a nearby seat and I massaged her head gently. The way she moans softly bothers me.

“Ahh~ Jiyong~ Lower~”

I began massaging her neck area, hoping that this is it. She holds my hand and caressed my skin slowly, “You are a good massager. I feel…” She stood up and smiles at me, “…better.” She walked towards me and traced her finger up my sleeve and s her arms around my neck. ARGH WHAT THE HELL!

“Chaerin, what are you doing?” I pushed her gently off from me.

“I just wanted to say thanks~” Chaerin giggled, “I was just joking! Why are you so serious?!” And then she broke into laughter. I sighed and shook my head, trying to forget that she had done, “Anyway, I need to go. Someone is expecting me.” And without waiting for anything else, I made my run.

Dara’s POV

Bom was telling Top and I her experience doing the cheer leading try outs and how happy she is that she got in. Top was listening attentively but I’m not. My mind is somewhere else. I am wondering where on earth is Jiyong Kwon?

Don’t tell me he got swarmed by a big group of crazy girls?

 

My eyes searched around the cafeteria for him and when I did manage to find him, he’s with another girl. And if I’m not wrong, that girl is Chaerin! So Jiyong doesn’t want to listen to me, huh?

“Okay, bye,” Jiyong waved at Chaerin. Chaerin took a second glance at me and shoots me a look of disgust. Whatever does she want? Jiyong sat opposite of me and grins, “Hey, guys. Sorry I was late. I was stuck with…”

“Oh, we know,” I cut him off, “Why is that?” “Mrs Kim wants me to tutor her for a subject that she’s weak at. Why are you curious?” Jiyong gave me a look.

“You forgot what I told you? Chaerin is dangerous,” I warned him, “And she’s taking every chance she got to get close with someone and use them as an advantage of something she wants.” Top nudged me, “Chill, man.”

I rolled my eyes, “But I don’t want to see a new student getting hurt.”

Jiyong stared at me and laughed. Bom crossed her arms, “Am I not visible?” Jiyong turned to her, “Oh, I’m Jiyong. And you are Bom, right?” Bom nods, “Yeah, how do you know?” Jiyong pointed to me, “She told me.”

I sighed and pushed my lunch tray towards Jiyong.

“Eat it. I didn’t touch that so, don’t worry about getting infected by my bacteria,” I said in a dull tone and stood up, “I’m going to the restroom.”

“…And that is how I got into the cheer leading team!” Bom continued the sentence she left off justnow.

I got in the restroom… No one was inside.

I washed my face and look myself in the mirror. I see a look of fear in my eyes. I don’t know what exactly I fear for. If it is about not able to keep up with my grades, it’s understandable. But if it’s something related to see Jiyong getting hurt by that blonde, then it’s getting a little out of hand.

Out of the blue, the door creaks open and in comes an arrogant princess (like they call it). Chaerin smirks when she saw me, “It looks like you’re challenging against a princess like me. I can see you tearing up.”

“What are you talking about?” I glared at her. She lets out a laugh, “I know you’re telling Jiyong all the bad things about me. But hello, I’m going to snatch his heart before you do.”

What…?

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm in a rush. Hope you like this chapter.

Do subscribe, comment and support!