Examination Creeps

Straight As Student.

I am really grateful to whatever I have. For example, the level of intelligence that I have is unbelievably high. I am always the one with the highest score in every single quiz or exams. Not only did I top the class, but I top my level too! It’s just surreal.

I was walking carelessly till I bumped onto someone, which slashed through my thoughts that were in my mind the whole time. Because of my carelessness, he dropped his books and files onto the floor. I helped him with some of them and he flashed me a friendly smile.

“Thank you,” He thanked me, that smile not leaving his face. I never saw this guy before. Is he new here? He looks a little lost too. He must be a new student. But looking at the time, I’m almost late for class! Never in my life had I miss class or be late. I’m never going to break that record. I have to rush! Without saying a “You’re welcome”, I quickly climbed the stairs to the third level where my class was held. The minute I stepped in, the bell rang. Thank goodness!

In class, I kept my focus on the lessons and write relevant notes on my paper for revision at home later. The major examinations are around the corner and I have no time to sit back and relax. There’s a lot of mugging to do!

 

 

 

 

It’s the day of the examinations. This examination will determine whether will I promote to the next level or stay and repeat the same syllabus. I have confidence in myself that I’ll top the level again this year.

Saying a little prayer under my breath, I put on the most confident smile ever as I walk down the corridors of the school leading to the hall. The students around me part ways as they saw me walk through.

The corridors are buzzing with my name and my intelligence all over. The students in this school just love talking about me so much.

I can finally see the hall from where I’m standing here. That examination hall scares me sometimes. I took in a few deep breaths before walking to the hall. And here goes nothing! I continued walking, my head held up high, my confident smile not leaving my face and I’m not going to show a single sign about my weakness. To be honest, I’m still nervous to sit for this exam. I may be smart and top the level every time but anything can happen.

When I entered the hall it was no looking back. I’m going to do the examination, using all the knowledge I have in my brain, and wait patiently for the results. Wait- let me correct that. I’m always impatient when it comes to results. I am very keen to know where I stand, even if I’m not the smartest in this school.

I looked at the paper I was holding to find out where my seat was. Students are not supposed to sit as they wish. There is an arrangement and we are supposed to sit where told. I scanned the room to find my table.

I sat down, keeping calm and confident. “I know I’m going to ace it. I’m going to top the level just like the other years,” I said to myself softly. I tried to recap the important notes in my head while waiting for the exam to start. I can’t lie but I’m really amazed at how I’m capable at memorizing those notes that I made. I mean, it’s like I could remember every single detail of it! Damn, now I can’t wait for the exam to start!

The exam was about to start in 3 minutes time and the hall is filled with students except for one empty seat. Is that person going to be late or absent? I wondered. The exam papers were given out to all the candidates and yet the empty seat remained empty.

Just as the exam started, the student walked in briskly. I can see the glands of sweat on his forehead. He must be rushing all the way up here and get lost along the way or something. And then it hits me! Isn’t he the same guy who I bumped to the other day? He must be the new student in this school! And he’s late! What a good first impression!

He doesn’t look like a typical smart kid with those thick black frame glasses. I guess he’s a bad boy, who probably won’t make it and will have to retain and repeat the same boring syllabus next year! He doesn’t even know who I am in this school! I’m the smartest candidate around here, for Pete’s sake! I feel like laughing right now but snap, it’s an examination and I should focus on the paper.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thank you for those who subscribed to this story! Please comment too! ^-^