Ch 10

Sacrifice(Ko one sequel using Ko one scenario and characters)

 

' You'll have to train,' Ji An's master said. 'The both of you will have to practise this method until you become extremely familar with it. And when you have become extremely familar with how it should be carried out, it will reduce the chances of anything going wrong when you actually carry it out on Xiao Yu,' he said, looking meaningfully at them. Charlene and Ji An nodded and focused their 'Qi'. All was calm and quiet and as they focused on giving, their powers merged together mid-air and stayed there. Their pure yin and yang powers merged and they focused, familarizing themselves with the feeling of each others powers, with the feeling of exertion, of giving.

' Where do you want to go now?' Xiao Yu asked.

' Anywhere,' Charlene replied. School had just ended and they were now on their way out of the school compound.

'I know you like dancing so I bought tickets for tonight's dance performance. Can you come?' Xiao Yu asked,looking earnestly at her, her hand in his.

'I-' But she was cut off. Before Charlene could complete her sentence, Xiao Yu's face suddenly contorted in pain and he suddenly flashed green, on and off. On and off.

'Oh no, he's showing signs of turning into a demon,'Charlene thought. She looked around frantically and Ji An, who was nearby, rushed to her side.

'Ji An, we must carry out the method your master taught us before its too late.Xiao Yu is starting to turn into a demon already. If we don't do it now, I'm afraid we might not have the chance to in the future,' Charlene said.

'But we havn't finish training! And your inner injuries have not healed yet!'

'They won't heal for a long time and we don't have that amount of time. Lets do it.' Ji An looked at her. Determinaton was set on her face. He nodded. 'Okay' was all he said.

Once again,they focused their 'Qi' like they did whenever they trained. Their powers merged mid-air and suddenly lunged at Xiao Yu. Their powers lifted Xiao Yu up in the air, ridding him of his demonic nature. Meanwhile, Charlene and Ji An kept exerting power, giving and giving the great amount of power needed to do the job.Then, Charlene felt her powers start to diminish. She was surprised. She knew that her inner injuries were sapping away at her powers but she didn't know they had sapped so much away.She dug deeper, looking for more power to give. Suddenly, she coughed up blood and she felt her powers diminishing faster than before. She knew that with her limited amount of power left, she couldn't continue for much longer. As time passed and as her powers continued getting lesser and lesser, she made the biggest decision of her life. She would give everything for Xiao Yu, give everything for the man she loved even if it meant giving her life away.

The process was almost complete but it still needed some more power. Charlene knew what this meant. She wept and a single tear rolled down her cheek as she said goodbye to all the things and people she loved in this world.

'Goodbye master.Goodbye my best friends, Joey and Judy. Goodbye Ya Se. Goodbye Da Dong. Goodbye Ji An. Goodbye Xiao Yu.' Another tear slipped through her now closed eyes as she released her last bout of power, of energy.She didn't hold back. She released everything even the energy her body needed to live. Her powers and Ji An's rid Xiao Yu of the last streak of demonic nature and Xiao Yu fell from the sky and landed on the floor.Charlene opened her eyes and as she saw Xiao Yu safe and finally free of his demonic nature, she smiled a faint smile before slumping on the ground. Ji An, who had been attending to Xiao Yu, immediately turned to Charlene.

'Charlene!Charlene!'he shouted, shaking her by the shoulders. He felt a tear roll down his cheek. She was gone. She was gone.