Chapter Forty Nine

When You Were Mine

Minji casually looked around as Woohyun left to go shower really quick. She sat on his bed and giggled, "Soft." She patted the soft mattress and fluffy white blanket. She grabbed a picture off his bedstand and smiled.

 

There was Mr. and Mrs. Nam, Jihyun, and Woohyun. It was taken a bit after Woohyun was first adopted by them, so it was their first family photo with him.

 

*I wish I had family photos like this…* Minji sighed a bit as she set the picture back down.

 

She then roamed around his room, looked at more of their family photos, read through some of his books, and organized his messy pile of books on his desk. As she flipped through the pages of a random book, a paper suddenly dropped out. She blinked at it, set the book back on his desk, and picked up the paper.

 

There was a really small boy with short black hair, light skin, and an adorable eye smile.  He wore a simple white t-shirt and blue jeans.

 

Beside him was a tall and beautiful woman. Her eyes were a very light brown, almost hazel, color. Her skin was very fair and smooth. Her dark brown hair ran down to her waist. She wore a beautiful summer dress with bright colors.

 

There was a man that had his arm around the woman. He was also very tall and had black hair. His skin was slightly tanned but flawless. He also had an adorable eye smile and dark brown eyes. He wore a white t-shirt, too, and blue shorts.

 

They all stood together as the sun brightly shun on them and the waves of the ocean behind them glistened in the sunlight. They looked like the picture perfect family: a loving mother, a handsome father, and a cute son.

 

Suddenly, Woohyun opened the bathroom door and stepped out. He was in white pajama bottoms as he had a small towel around his neck and ruffled his wet hair with it. In other words, he was looking damn y. Whoooooo! Namabs<333 HELL YEAH.

 

Minji yelped and turned around. She wanted to turn back to him and drool over his abs but didn’t.

 

"What’s that?" Woohyun peered over her shoulder after he had put a shirt on. She turned her head to him, and her nose grazed his cheek. "U-Um… Mianhae… I didn’t mean to look." She turned the picture over so that the family was visible and set the picture on the desk.

 

"Oh…" Woohyun immediately darkened as he stared at the picture.

 

"…Was that… you?" She bit her lip and pointed to the little boy. After a few seconds, he finally nodded but only once. "…These were… my parents…" He spoke so softly that it could be considered a whisper.

 

"Oh…" Minji frowned, a bit guilty. After a long silence, he finally put the picture back into the book and smiled, "I’ll get the textbook." He started to ruffle his wet hair again as he walked to his bookshelf and took out the math textbook.

 

For the next hour, they both worked on their homework. Minji, though, could tell that Woohyun was distracted. He’d sometimes blank out or speak softly. She felt guilty, as though he was this way because of the picture.

 

They hadn’t realized how late it had gotten. Because it was so late, Mrs. Nam suggested that Minji just sleep over. After much protest, Minji finally agreed. She showered and changed into some of Jihyun’s pajamas. Once she finished, Woohyun and Minji continued to work on their homework together.

 

"Let’s… take a break…" Woohyun forced a smile as he leaned his head against the backboard of his bed and stretched his legs out. Minji nodded as she threw the textbook off her lap and also leaned her head against the backboard.

 

"………She’s really beautiful." Minji finally spoke. Woohyun looked at her and blinked, "Who?" Minji nodded to the book on his desk, the one he had put the picture in. "Your mother…"

 

"Oh…" Woohyun stiffened a bit. "Yeah… She is…" He smiled softly as he brought his legs up and rested his elbows on his knees. He folded his hands together and held his head low, almost as if he were ashamed.

 

"…It’s okay to cry, if you miss her…" Minji nudged his arm. He chuckled lightly as he shook his head.

 

"I won’t make fun of you." Minji encouraged. Woohyun looked at her, his eyes dark and filled with despair. "…As long as I have you, I’ll be okay, so promise me that you’ll stay with me forever." He held his pinky out. She didn’t hesitate to link her pinky with his, and he kissed her deeply.

 

 


 

Sorry for the lame updates :(( Anyways, more drama coming up soon, so prepare yourselves!!!! ;P

I'm not sure if I'll be able to update on Christmas Eve/Christmas, so Merry Christmas, in advance! XD If you don't celebrate Christmas, then Happy Holidays! :) Love you guys!<333 Stay safe!!!