Chapter Twenty

When You Were Mine

Minji sat at her desk. Her elbow was on her desk as her chin rested in her palm. She stared blankly out the window as she bit on her bottom lip so hard that it could bleed.

 
Woohyun's words continued to run through her mind. Because of those words, she only got an hour of sleep.
 
Do you know what that means?!?! The return of zombie panda! Dun! Dun! Dun! Errr... Okay... This... isn't really a good time for a joke... is it?
 
"Good mor- Whoa! Your face!" Hyuna's eyes went wide when she saw Minji. She had to cover and purse her lips to stop herself from laughing but still let a small laugh out.
 
"I know." Minji sighed and pouted as she put her hands in her lap and fidgeted with her fingers. Hyuna bit back a smile. "What... happened?"
 
"I couldn't sle... ep..." Minji's voice trailed into silence when Woohyun sat down between them. She frowned a bit when she saw his pale skin and chap lips. *Is he sick?*
 
Woohyun frowned a bit when he saw Minji's dark bags. *Was she that happy L kissed her that she couldn't sleep?*
 
"Are you sick, Oppa?" Hyuna pouted and felt his forehead, which made Minji tense up a bit in curiousity.
 
Woohyun didn't slap Hyuna's hand away like he usually would when she touched him. He didn't come up with some sassy reply either. And he didn't even tell her not to call him 'oppa' like he usually did. He only smiled at her, "I'm fine."
 
Hyuna smiled back and sat down. She looked between Woohyun and Minji. She raised a brow at them. *Why are they not speaking to each other? He should be making fun of her, like he always does.* She tilted her head, confused, but shrugged it off when L entered the classroom.
 
"Hi, Oppa!" She smiled and waved. L smirked and nodded in acknowledgement.
 
Minji straightened up and frowned slightly. *Since when did Hyuna and L become close?* She didn't recall them talking to each other at all. She shrugged it off as her ahjumma memory making her forget again but still couldn't shake the frown off her face.
 
Woohyun also noticed this and looked at Minji. He frowned when he saw her frown. He looked at Hyuna and watched with interest as she stared and smiled at L, who stared and smiled back. *When did they get close to the point where she could call him her 'oppa'?* Then he remembered how Hyuna asked about L's favorite hang-out spot. *Inspirit?* He thought about it but shook it off. *I'm just over-thinking things.*
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It was lunch time. Hyuna and L were the first ones to leave the classroom first. Minji left afterwards. Eventually, the class left. Woohyun and another male classmate stayed in class for a few minutes because Woohyun was helping him with a math problem. Once the guy understood the problem, he thanked Woohyun and left. Woohyun eventually also left but in a pouty mood.
 
Minji had ignored him all through class, which he didn't mind since he also ignored her. It's just that he didn't know why Minji ignored him. Isn't HE the one who ran and screamed for hours? Isn't HE the one who got ditched? Isn't HE the one who's mad at her?
 
He shrugged it off and also left to the restroom. After he used the restroom, he talked with some random guys from the basketball team and left to get lunch. On the way, he saw L come out a janitor's closet. He stopped and watched as L fixed his collar and wiped lip-stick off his lips. Curious, Woohyun waited to see if anyone else came out. Only a minute after he left, a girl come out the janitor's closet. She looked around and blushed as she fixed her blouse and walked into the cafeteria.
 
*No... way...* Woohyun's eyes went wide as he ran after L.
 
"L." Woohyun clenched his jaw. He grabbed L by the collar and dragged him into an empty field.
 
L blinked at him, "What are you do-" He couldn't even finish his sentence because his head whipped to the side with a loud snap. His eyes went wide as he put a hand on his bloody lip and twisted his aching jaw. "Did you just... punch me?"
 
"Yeah... and I'll do it again, too." Woohyun sent another punch to his mouth. L's head to whipped to the side again as his split lip spit blood.
 
"What's your problem, dude?!" L punched him right back. Woohyun twisted his lip in pain before he frowned, "What's my problem? You. You are my goddamn problem." He tackled L into the grass and punched his mouth again.
 
"You're a ing bastard! How could you just play her like that?!" Woohyun gritted his teeth before he punched L again.
 
L kicked Woohyun off and stood up. He looked around to make sure nobody was around. He also checked to see if the security cameras had angles on this area, which it didn't.
 
"I don't know what the hell you're talking about! You just pull me aside and punch me?! What the hell, man?!" He spat at Woohyun before he dusted his shoulders and wiped blood off his lips.
 
*What the ?! Is this guy Iron Man or something?! Damn!* He twisted his lip but winced and hissed at the pain. He's been in fights with many gangs and many people but never ever in his life has he ever been punched so hard.
 
If people thought L was the strongest gangster and fighter in Seoul, they obviously have not been punched by Nam Woohyun.
 
"What was that girl's name again? Minhee? Sohee? Yeah. Sohee." Woohyun chuckled bitterly as he stood up. L furrowed his brows. "What about her?" He cleared his throat.
 
"Don't play dumb. I saw you come out the janitor's closet. She came out right after you." Woohyun snickered. L blinked at him for a few seconds before he smirked, "Yeah. Okay. We made out in the janitor's closet. We did more than just make out. And it was fun. Jealous? Don't worry. I'm done with her. You could have her now."
 
Woohyun clenched his jaw and fists before he sent a punch twice as hard than the other ones he threw. It was so hard that L fell on the ground and coughed up blood. *.* He hissed in pain as he held onto his jaw.
 
"Damn... You pack a pretty good punch." L gritted his teeth as he spat some blood on the grass and stood up. Woohyun grabbed his collar and spat in his face, "I'm going easy on you." Woohyun threw a punch that was 10 times harder than the previous one.
 
L fell on the ground again and bled even more but laughed with his jaw clenched, "Minji is pretty fun, too. You can have a try, if you'd like. I'll only charge you--let's see--1,000 won?" He offered with a bloody smile.
 
That was the last straw.
 
Woohyun tackled L into a tree so hard that L's back made a loud crack sound as he coughed up more blood. They continued to tackle each other into trees and walls and grass while they punched each other in the face and stomach.
 
Eventually, a crowd of students began to form, attracted by the loud bangs and screams and curses. Some recorded videos. Some took pictures. Some gossiped and cheered. Some actually did something and got a freaking teacher.
 
"BREAK IT UP!" 2 male teachers came. One of them grabbed Woohyun's fist before it could fly into L's face again. Both of the teachers held them away from each other, which was very difficult.
 
"THAT'S ALL YOU GOT?!" L laughed mockingly as a teacher held his arms behind his back. Woohyun clenched his jaw and twisted his neck. " YOU!" He got out of the teacher's grip and ran towards L.
 
L elbowed the teacher that held him and also charged at Woohyun. They both fell on the ground, with Woohyun on top. Woohyun took that chance and sent a few punches into L's face until blood poured out his mouth like a fountain. L rolled over so that he got the upperhand. He held Woohyun's neck down and punched only twice because the security broke it up before he could do even more.
 
"If you guys don't break it up, we'll call the police, and they'll MAKE you break it up. Got it?" The head security hissed at both of them as other security guards held them away from each other. Woohyun and L both glared at each other and spat blood at each other. They both stood silent, though, with the exception of panting because their bruised ribs and exhaustion.
 
"Good." The head security rubbed the back of his neck and sighed deeply as he muttered something about not being able to finish his lunch because of them.
 
L and Woohyun were led to the infirmary to get their wounds treated.
 
All the videos and pictures taken were confiscated by the security. Students were called as witnesses as to who threw the first punch since the security camera didn't have an angle on that spot.
 
"We've called your family. They'll be here soon." Mrs. Han, the principal, frowned at Woohyun. Woohyun only continued to glare at L, who gladly glared back.
 
"You." Mrs. Han pointed at L and frowned even more, "We've called your guardians. They'll also be here soon." L didn't even hear her because he was too busy glaring at Woohyun.
 
Mrs. Han herself felt scared because of the silence. The tension thickened to the point where she felt like she was being suffocated. She could literally see the steam come out of both of their ears and feel the anger they held for each other.
 
"Woohyun!" Mr. and Mrs. Nam burst into the office. Jihyun was also here since she drove.
 
Mrs. Han let out a sigh of relief as she put a hand over her heart, glad that people were here to fill in the death-threatening silence.