Chapter Forty Five

When You Were Mine

Minji bit her lip as she walked into the academy. She patted her skirt and adjusted her blazer. She then patted her bangs and straightened out the clip in her hair.

 

"Nerdy Ahjumma! What happened to your glasses?"

 

"Whoa… Who knew she was this cute…"

 

"Ew! You’re trying too hard to fit in, loser."

 

Minji bit her lip but ignored all their comments as she walked into her class. Even her classmates were surprised to see her without those glasses but weren’t as hurtful as other students were. In other words, they just didn’t care.

 

She lightly patted her skirt, one last time, before she folded her hands together and fidgeted with her fingers as she nervously walked over to her seat. She took a deep breath and glanced at Woohyun but pouted when he didn’t even bother to look at her because he was too focused on his book.

 

She scrunched her nose and grumpily threw her bag under her desk before she sat down. She rested her elbow on her desk and chin her palm as she side-eyed him.

 

She pouted even more when he didn’t even bother to greet her or acknowledge her. *How good is that book that he can’t even look at me?! Aish! Jerk!* She stuck her tongue out at him before she huffed and looked out the window.

 

"I saw that." Woohyun mumbled as he turned the page.

 

Minji turned red but pretended to not hear him and continued to stare out the window. Her fingers unknowingly began to touch her lips.

 

Then, a flashback of what had happened Friday night flashed through her mind, and her face went even more red. She bit her lip and side-eyed him again and sighed. *Did… the kiss even mean anything… to him?*

 

She barely got any sleep all weekend. She kept thinking about the kiss, squealing over the kiss, and spazzing over the kiss.

 

"Annyeong!" Hyuna beamed as she lightly planted her palms on her desk. Minji looked up at her and frowned a bit, "Annyeong…?"

 

"Whoa! Are you…" Hyuna raised a brow and bent down a bit, "…wearing make-up? Did you curl your hair, too?" Minji bit her lip and fidgeted with her fingers in her lap as she side-eyed Woohyun, "Y-Yeah…" She pouted, though, when Woohyun didn’t even look at her.

 

"Huh." Hyuna smirked when she caught how Minji glanced at Woohyun, "Could it be… you’re trying to impress someone? Oh, you like someone?" She looked at Woohyun and saw him tense up a bit, as if he also anticipated her answer.

 

"U-Um…" Minji lightly played with the curls in her hair as she stared at Woohyun.

 

"Oppa! What are you reading?" Hyuna smiled innocently after she stood in front of Woohyun’s desk and slammed her palms on his desk.

 

Woohyun sighed and set his book down, "None of your-" He looked up, and his eyes accidentally locked on Hyuna’s cleavage that she purposely squeezed together as she bent down in front of him.

 

"None of my what?" Hyuna asked innocently as she leaned in so that her cleavage would be even closer to his face. Like Eunmi, he wasn’t but felt rather awkward.

 

It wasn’t every day some girl put her s in front of his face.

 

"N-None of-of your… uh… uh…" Woohyun’s face went red as he leaned his head back a bit, but Hyuna leaned in even more, so he leaned back even more, so she leaned in even more, and he fell backwards out of his seat.

 

Students looked over and burst into laughter when they saw him on the ground. Woohyun also laughed out of embarrassment as he rubbed the back of his neck and stood up. He picked his chair back up and sat down again.

 

"Minji~" L hummed as he happily walked over and smiled at her. She looked at him and also smiled, "Hi, Oppa!"

 

Woohyun shifted around in his seat. *Oppa? Why are you calling ‘Oppa’? Why?! Why?! Afjidfjwakmdsciajuwesdjcm You never call me ‘Oppa’…* Woohyun pouted as he sank into his seat.

 

"Hmmm… Since when did you two make up?" Hyuna asked as she sat on Woohyun’s desk and crossed her legs so that her skirt would rise up.

 

Woohyun cleared his throat as he burned lasers through the pages of his book and gripped it so tight that his knuckles turned white. He was raging with so much jealousy that he didn’t even notice Hyuna’s endlessly long and smooth legs that would have made any teenage male drool.

 

*What the hell?! They’re back together?! Why?! Why?! I don’t understand! We kissed on Friday! How could this have happened?! How could they have gotten back together?! We kissed, for crying out loud! Iawejfsdmfqajweiajsdkaweijsduikawedjfawiscjamwrkienwiafds Dammit! Why?!* He wanted to bang his head on the book, but that would make him look weird, so he just kept a straight face on.

 

Minji stared at Woohyun and frowned when she saw him still too focused on his book to pay attention. *…He’s not even get jealous… Does that mean he doesn’t like me back? But… we kissed…* She bit her lip but still frowned, "We’re just… friends…"

 

Woohyun’s grip on the book immediately loosened as he relaxed. *Friends… Good… Good… Very… good…* He let out a deep sigh of relief as he smiled a bit.

 

"Besides, aren’t you two dating?" Minji asked L and Hyuna.

 

"NO!" They both quickly and loudly denied as L stared at Minji and Hyuna stared at Woohyun. Neither Minji or Woohyun really cared whether they were or not, though.

 

"Minji, you busy Friday?" L asked nervously as he bit his lip. Minji shook her head. "No… Why?"

 

"I was wondering if you’d like to catch a movie or something." L smiled sheepishly, and Woohyun choked on his own saliva.

 

"Oppa! Are you okay?" Hyuna blinked as she seductively rubbed his shoulder. He coughed a bit but nodded, "Y-Yeah…" He glanced at Minji and imagined them on a romantic date in the park. He then glanced at L and mentally killed him.

 

"Sure." Minji only agreed because she wanted to make Woohyun jealous but sighed when she saw him still so absorbed in his book.

 

*Sure… Sure…? Sure?! SURE?!* Woohyun felt ready to flip a table. *Why?! Why would you agree?! After we kissed?! How could you agree to go on a date with your ex-boyfriend?! After we KISSED?! Aish! Dammit! Lee Minji, I hate you.* He wanted to stand up and just yell that Minji was his girl now, but he couldn’t because, well... she wasn’t his.

 

"Great! I’ll-"

 

"Hey! How about we have a double date?" Hyuna grinned and jumped off Woohyun’s desk, "You and L! Me and…" She grabbed Woohyun’s arm, pulled him out of his seat, and linked her arm with his. "Woohyun!" She giggled and rested her head on his shoulder.

 

"That’d be awesome! What do you think?" L grinned and turned to Minji.

 

"Oh…" Minji felt her heart grow heavy but smiled, "…Yeah… Sure…"

 

"Great! We’ll all meet at the movie theater on Friday at 7. That’s good, right?" Hyuna suggested as she touched Woohyun’s arm. He looked at Minji. *Well… Going with Hyuna is better than stalking them…* (Yes, he was planning on stalking them on their ‘date’). "Yeah… Sure."