Chapter Forty

When You Were Mine

"What… the hell… are you doing?"

 

L looked at them and blinked, "I’m… fixing… my… hair?" He raised a brow as he continued to spike his hair to the side, just the way she liked it.

 

"But… why? We’re not going anywhere." Sunggyu raised a brow back as Infinite all watched L fix his hair.

 

"Why do you have roses?" Hoya picked up the bouquet and sniffed it. L frowned and snatched it back.

 

"Wait… Don’t tell me L… wants to ask a girl to the dance?" Hoya grabbed L’s shoulder and stared at him seriously. All of Infinite gasped dramatically as they covered their mouths.

 

"Actually, I do." L smirked at them as he walked out his bedroom. Infinite all followed him out. "Who?" They simutaneously asked.

 

"Minji." L answered simply. They gaped at him, "……Nerd Ahjumma? But……… why?"

 

"Because I love her. So from now on, if any of you ever make fun of her again, I will personally kill you." L threatened, with an angelic smile.

 

"B-But… What?! You love her?!" Infinite gawked at him. L smiled proudly, "Yup! Because I love her, you guys have to love her and treat her well, too, and you will, right?" L glared at each of them, and they nodded, scared. Satisfied, L headed out his house, the bouquet of roses fresh in his hands.

 

"Where to?" The taxi driver asked. L smiled a bit as he told the driver Minji’s address.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Alright… How do I look?" Woohyun asked nervously as he finished spiking his hair, just because he knew she liked it when guys spiked their hair.

 

"Hot." Jihyun gave him two thumbs up. Woohyun blushed a bit and frowned, "Noona…"

 

"You asked for it, my little dongsaeng." She giggled and pat his head. He gasped and slapped her hand away, "Noona! I spent twenty minutes on this!" He looked in the mirror and carefully fixed his hair again.

 

"Aigoo! Just go! You’re going to be late!" Jihyun spun him around and kicked his . He laughed and grabbed the bouquet before he ran down the stairs.

 

"Oppa! Where are you going? It’s Saturday. You don’t have school." Soyoung blinked at him. Jihyun smiled, "He’s going to ask his little girlfriend to the dance~~~"

 

"Really?!" Mr. and Mrs. Nam looked away from the television screen.

 

"She’s not my-"

 

"Oppa! No! Don’t go!" Soyoung tackled him into a hug. Woohyun blinked at him, "Soyoung! I’m going to be late!"

 

"Good!" She huffed and held him tighter. Jihyun sighed and pulled her off, "You’re fifteen. Please don’t act like you’re five."

 

"But I don’t like her!" Soyoung whined and crossed her arms. Woohyun slid his shoes on. "Why? What has she ever done to you, huh?" He pouted and ruffled her hair.

 

"She made my oppa get into a fight! No! Two fights!" Soyoung pouted as she fixed her hair, "And she’s stealing my oppa away…" She whispered as she held her head low. Woohyun looked at her and softened.

 

"Aish! I’m still your oppa! I’ll always be your oppa!" Woohyun smacked her head. She gasped as she rubbed her the spot he hit, "O-Oppa! That hurt!"

 

"It was supposed to!" He stuck his tongue out at her as he opened the door.

 

"Oppa! Wait!" Soyoung grabbed his wrist. He blinked at her, "What?" Soyoung took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Mrs. Nam and Soyoung both yelled, at the same time, "Ask her to have dinner with us tomorrow!"

 

"…You people are crazy." Woohyun muttered under his breath but smiled as he headed into the car and told the driver the directions for Minji’s mansion.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Ow! You stabbed my eye!" Minji winced as she rubbed the corner of her eye.

 

"No! Don’t rub it! You’re going to smear it!" Aeyoung slapped her hand away before she continued to apply eyeliner around her eyes. Afterwards, she put on light mascara and lip gloss.

 

"Okay… Done…" Aeyoung smiled proudly. Minji stood up and looked in the mirror.

 

Her long hair was curled and tied into a low side-ponytail, with a blue ribbon. Her bangs were also curled but weren’t clipped back, like usual. She had on a strapless blue dress that was very fitted, but, from the waist down to her knees, it was made of a few fluffy layers.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"You’re here? Agassi is not done getting ready." Soohyun blinked as he opened the gate. Her date nervously clapped his hands together and shrugged. "I-I can wait…"

 

"Come on in." Soohyun stepped aside, and he stepped in. They both walked into the mansion and sat in the living room. Soohyun laughed at how tense he was.

 

"What’s so funny?" He blinked at Soohyun. Soohyun immediately put his poker face back on. "Nothing… Tea?" Soohyun gestured to the pot of tea and teacups on the coffee table. Her date raised a brow but took a cup of tea and drank some.

 

"There she is." Soohyun smiled at the staircase. He turned around, the cup of tea still pressed against his lips, and choked on his tea. He set the cup done and covered his mouth as he coughed.

 

"What? Do I look that bad?" Minji frowned a bit when she got down the stairs. He stood up and shook his head fervently as he coughed, "N-No… You look… beautiful, Minji…" He smiled softly as he rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed.

 

"Thanks… You don’t look that bad either…" Minji patted his shoulders before she put her blue heels on. Her date laughed very lightly as his cheeks turned a noticeable red.

 

"Have her back by 10PM." Soohyun suddenly ordered. Aeyoung blinked at him, "The dance starts at 9PM, though."

 

"Exactly." Soohyun stuck his tongue out at her before he slapped her head. She rolled her eyes. "I always knew you had a thing for Minji."

 

"I don’t!" Soohyun gasped, "Why would you care, if I did? Are you jealous?"

 

"Actually, I am!" Aeyoung stuck her tongue out at him. Soohyun blinked in surprise at her bold answer.

 

"At least, unlike you, I can admit it. Jaehwa! Let’s go bake some cookies!" Aeyoung marched off with Jaehwa. Soohyun blinked at them as a smile formed on his lips, "Have fun, you two! Come back as late as next year! I don’t mind~" He hummed and ran off after Aeyoung.

 

"That jerk…" Minji pouted as she watched him run into the kitchen. Her date grinned, "Come on..." He gently slid his hand into hers and walked out.

 

"W-What… are you doing?" Minji turned red as she stared at their hands. He looked down at their hands and blinked at her, "Are you blind? What does it look like I’m doing?" He waved their intertwined hands around as he smiled.

 

"I-I meant… w-why are you…?" She bit her lip, to fight back a smile. He looked at her and softened. *Because I love holding your hand.* "Because you walk as slow as an ahjumma in her 80s." He bluntly replied, and she made a face at him but laughed.