Chapter Twenty Five

When You Were Mine

It’s been a few days, since school ended.

 

Woohyun sulked all day and every day. He would lie in bed, roll around, and whine over how much he missed Minji. Then, he would go to her mansion, stand in front of the gate, and pace back and forth as he contemplated on whether he should ring the doorbell or not. Then, security would chase him out, since they saw him as some random guy creeping outside their mansion. Then he would go back to his mansion, go into his room, belly-flop on the bed, burrito-wrap himself in his blankets, and whine over how much he missed Minji.

 

Minji, on the other hand, didn’t spend her days creeping outside someone’s mansion. Instead, she spent time with her maids and butlers, who were basically family to her. Her maids would talk and spazz over Super Junior with her. Her butlers would work out and train so that they could achieve a body like Siwon's, in order to impress the ladies.

 

L would actually call Minji, sometimes. Whenever he called her, it was because he needed to borrow more money. Whenever he asked to see her, it was because he actually seriously really missed her. Still oblivious and in-denial of his feelings for her, he would go out to Inspirit every single night and party it up with those es of his.

 

Because L would be at Inspirit every night, Hyuna would also go to Inspirit. L would ignore her, because he didn't want her to tattle on him to Minji. Whenever she does get ignored, she would hook up with Hoya, mostly, but sometimes a different Infinite member. Whenever she doesn’t get ignored, she would actually get to talk with L. If she was lucky, she even got the chance to grind with him.

 

By 'if she was lucky', I mean: 'if L was drunk enough'. But no matter how drunk L would be, he still wouldn’t even kiss her or bang her. Instead, he’d go find his two es and get a going on.

 

"Babe!" L grinned when Minji answered. Minji brightened up and danced a bit, since he hasn't called for a few days. "A-Annyeong, Oppa…" She sheepishly greeted him.

 

"Could I borrow some money?" He asked. She blinked and frowned a bit, "...Didn’t I give you a few thousand a few days ago?"

 

"…That was a few days ago." He blinked and laughed. She bit her lip, "Why… do you need it?"

 

L’s mouth fell open.  This was the first time--the very first time--that Minji had ever questioned why he needed money. This meant that she has finally begun to get suspicious and lose trust in him. That meant he had to find a way to win that trust back and as soon as possible.

 

"Um… I need it because…" L looked up in thought. "I wanted to throw a party?" He shrugged. *Maybe I should throw a party.* He liked the idea. His parents had left him home alone, since he refused to go, so that they could go visit their relatives for Christmas.

 

"Oh…" Minji smiled a bit, "How much do you need?" L smiled, "Well! I don’t know. How about you just give me a few thousand?" She bit her lip, "Um… Okay…?" *Isn’t he going to invite me to his party?* She pouted as her shoulders deflated.

 

L thought for a bit before he spoke, "Do you want to come?"

 

Minji’s eyes lit up as her back straightened up. "R-Really?!" She smiled so widely that it hurt. L shrugged. "Sure… I guess… You are my girlfriend, after all." He smirked. *Maybe, now, I’ll finally get a chance to bang her.*

 

"O-Okay!" Minji squeaked happily. L rolled his eyes at her annoying squeaking. "Okay. I’ll text you the details after you put some money into my account."

 

"O-Okay!" She giggled and jumped around after she hung up, "I GOT INVITED TO MY FIRST EVER PARTY!" She jumped onto her bed and rolled around as she squealed even more.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Minji-ah! Sit still! Please!" Aeyoung, one of her maids, squealed. Minji giggled and sat still, "Mianhaeyo! It’s just that… I actually got invited to a party!!!!" She giggled again. Aeyoung sighed but smiled, "Aigoo!" She finished applying the mascara onto Minji’s eyelashes and stepped back.

 

"Okay, Minji-ah! You may open your eyes!" Aeyoung smiled. Minji’s eyes fluttered open as she looked in the mirror and let out a loud gasp, "Whoa! My eyes look… HUGE!"

 

"That’s kind of what mascara does." Aeyoung chuckled at Minji’s reaction but couldn’t blame her. After all, this was the first time Minji has ever worn makeup.

 

"Minji~~~Mr. Choi is here." Jaehwa, another maid, popped her head in. "Kyaaaa! You look really pretty!" She cooed when she saw Minji.

 

"Really? Thank you…" Minji smiled shyly as she rubbed her arm nervously. They all left her room and exited the mansion.

 

"Agassi." Soohyun blinked when he was about to enter the mansion, "Where are you going?"

 

"Her boyfriend invited her to a party." Aeyoung winked and nudged Minji’s arm, which made her blush. Soohyun frowned a bit, "You’re… still dating that Death Note kid?"

 

"Yes…" Minji made a face at him and huffed. Soohyun pouted a bit, "Weren’t we all going to decorate the Christmas tree tonight?"

 

"Aigoo! Don’t be so clingy! You’re just a butler! Are you in love with Minji or something?" Aeyoung teased and hit his arm. He glared at her as he rubbed his arm. "I am not! I am simply worried about our agassi. And stop calling her by her name! You’re just a maid!" He flicked her forehead.

 

"Ow!" Aeyoung hit Soohyun’s head and pouted. Soohyun rubbed his head and glared at her. "Hit me one more time, and I’ll fire you!" He threatened her.

 

"Minji-ah! Soohyun Ahjussi is being mean again!" Aeyoung whined as she hid behind Minji. Soohyun gaped at her, "Y-Yah! Ahjussi?! I’m only a week older than you!"

 

"Aigoo! You two bicker like a married couple!" Minji giggled at them. Jaehwa laughed, "Maybe because they ARE a married couple?" Minji's eyes popped out in shock.

 

"Why would I marry this buzz-kill ahjussi?" Aeyoung slapped the back of Jaehwa’s head.

 

"Why would I marry this ancient-looking ahjumma who tries too hard to make herself look younger?" Soohyun also slapped the back of Jaehwa’s head. Jaehwa sniffled and rubbed the back of her head, "I was only kidding..."

 

"Ancient-looking?! I'm only 22!" Aeyoung gapsed at him. Soohyun's also gasped, at the same time as her, "Buzz-kill?! I am not a buzz-kill!"

 

"Errrr. I'm going to go before you two start to fight again." Minji giggled and skipped away. "Agassi! Be care-" Aeyoung watched as Minji face-planted into the cement. "-ful." She sighed and shook her head.

 

"I-I'm okay!" Minji pouted and stood back up. *How do girl groups dance in high heels? I can't even skip in them!* She carefully walked over to the car but still tripped a few times.

 

"Would you like to just wear sneakers?" Jaehwa offered when she saw Minji trip again. Minji turned around and smiled, "L Oppa says he likes tall girls!" She stood straight and tall.

 

"Even with five-inch high heels, you're still not tall." Soohyun muttered under his breath, and Aeyoung burst into laughter. Minji blinked at them, "What's so funny?" She tilted her head, curious.

 

"Nothing!" Soohyun and Aeyoung both smiled at her as they secretly hi-fived each other. Minji pouted and got into the car, "Those two are definitely going to get married..." Although she muttered that under her breath, Mr. Choi still heard it and laughed.