Chapter Twelve

When You Were Mine

"Hey, Babe~" L slung an arm around Minji's neck and kissed her temple. She let out a small squeal as her cheeks turned pink.

 
"Did you finish the project?" L rolled his eyes at her before he put on a fake smile. She nodded eagerly as she smiled, "I did! I worked on for almost five hours yesterday! Do you want to see it?"
 
"No." He answered absent-mindedly as his eyes drifted off onto another girl.
 
Her hair was a light-brown. It was really long and wavy, just the way he liked it. She was quite tall, and her legs were endlessly long. Her face was cute but covered with make-up.
 
She bit her lip as she looked at a paper in her hands. She looked up and around. Her eyes inevitably locked with L's. The two of them held each others' gazes for a long time. Neither of them blinked or smiled or frowned or anything. They just... stared at each other.
 
"What are you looking at?" Minji blinked at him. She was about to turn around until he put his hands on her shoulder and made her face him.
 
"Nothing, Babe. I just thought I saw a bee." He smiled at her. She giggled and nodded, "Let's get to class, Oppa!" She grabbed his arm gently and dragged him towards the classroom as he stared down the hall but couldn't find the girl he stared at earlier.
 
"Woohyun!" Minji beamed and waved at him before she skipped over. Woohyun smiled back, "Hey."
 
"No 'hey' for me?" L raised a brow at Woohyun when he walked over. Woohyun looked at him. "No." He answered very directly.
 
"Woohyun!" Minji bit her lip and hit his arm. He looked at her and laughed, "What?" She nodded to L. He gave her a look. She gave him a look. He rolled his eyes.
 
"Hey." Woohyun mumbled to L. L snickered, "Shut up."
 
"You-!" Woohyun glared at L, who glared right back. Minji bit her lip as she thought of how to break the tension.
 
"Oh! Woohyun! You left your phone at my house!" She blurted and took his phone out before she set it on his desk. He smiled and took it, "Thanks! I thought I lost it!"
 
"Wait. Wait... WHAT?!" L's eyes widened at Minji. Minji face-palmed herself when she realized what she said would only cause more tension.
 
"Yeah. I was at her house last night." Woohyun grinned at L.
 
"You were what?" L gritted his teeth and grabbed Woohyun's collar as he pulled him up from his seat. Woohyun raised a brow at him but didn't make a move. All the students watched and gasped.
 
"Are they going to fight?"
 
"Over Minji?"
 
"Woohyun likes Minji? What?"
 
"Oppa!" Minji squealed and put her hands over L's hands. He looked at her and softened before he threw Woohyun back down in his seat. Woohyun chuckled as he adjusted his collar and fixed his tie.
 
"It wasn't like that! I ran into him at the store when I went to buy the supplies for the project, and he offered to help me on the project, so we went to my mansion, and we worked on it! Well... I worked on it." She mumbled the last part.
 
L flinched a bit. He didn't know why, but he suddenly... wished he didn't make her do the project herself.
 
"Good morning, everyone! Everyone better be in their assigned seats when I look up." Ms. Yoon smiled as she walked, while she read her book.
 
Everyone immediately scurried to their seats and sat down, just a second before she closed her book.
 
"Good. Now I'd like to introduce our new student." Ms. Yoon smiled. Everyone straightened up curiously.
 
Nobody expected another new student. Plus, this class was as full as full could be. There was only one empty seat left, since Woohyun came in. They didn't expect to get two new students in less than two weeks either.
 
"You may come in now." Ms. Yoon looked towards the door, and everyone else also looked.
 
It opened slowly with a loud creak. A tall girl with long and wavy light-brown hair peeked her head inside.
 
She smiled at the class. More specifically, she smiled at one person--the one person she had seen outside in the hallway. And he smiled back.
 
She walked in and bowed before she closed the door. "Annyeonghaseyo~Kim Hyuna-imnida." She smiled again.
 
All the guys started to squeal and spazz, while all the girls started to pout and frown.
 
"Finally! A hot girl!"
 
"She's not THAT hot..."
 
"I'm in love..."
 
"She looks plastic."
 
"Quiet." Ms. Yoon raised a brow at the class, and they silenced immediately. She cleared and looked at Hyuna, "You can take the seat next to Woohyun. Woohyun, raise your hand." Ms. Yoon looked at him. Woohyun raised his hand halfway, not quite interested in the new girl but more interested in Minji's wide eyes and open mouth that he found oh-so adorable.
 
She happily walked over and sat at the seat next to him. She held her hand out and smiled, "Annyeong. I'm Hyuna."
 
"Yeah. I heard it the first time." Woohyun chuckled, and she pouted. Woohyun jumped a bit, startled, when Minji hit his arm. "What?" He hissed at her. Minji nodded to Hyuna. He gave her a look. She gave him a look. He groaned in defeat and turned to the new girl, "I'm Woohyun." He grumpily held his hand out.
 
"Yeah. I heard it the first time." She smiled and held his hand but didn't shake it. Woohyun raised a brow at her for a few seconds before he chuckled and pulled his hand out.
 
She smiled even wider as she glanced towards the center of the classroom and saw him. He felt her gaze and slowly looked back at her. She smiled at him. He gave that signature mischevious smirk of his and flipped his black hair before he looked to the front of the classroom.
 
"Okay. Everyone needs to turn their projects in!" Ms. Yoon clapped her hands and pointed at her desk. All the pairs took out their posters and put them in a pile on her desk.
 
"Alright!" Ms. Yoon put the posters aside. She looked at the class and smiled, "Pull out your textbooks! We're going to review a bit of Chapter Eight for the text on Monday!"
 
Everyone's eyes popped out from their sockets.
 
"Test?!"
 
"What?! We just took a test last week!"
 
"We take a chapter test every other week." Ms. Yoon reminded the class.
 
"B-But... ON A MONDAY?! REALLY?!" The class complained. She blinked at them, "Did I say Monday?" The class nodded. She blinked again, "Oh... Oops. I meant Friday! Next Friday!" The class all groaned.
 
"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Ms. Yoon pouted, "On the bright side, next week is the last week before winter vacation! Right? Right?" She smiled at the class when they started to cheer.
 
"Now let's get on with the review!" Ms. Yoon clapped her hands and started to hand out a worksheet for review.
 
"Minji?" Ms. Yoon blinked at her.
 
Woohyun looked over and saw Minji as pale as a ghost. He worriedly frowned and poked her arm, and she almost flew out her seat.
 
"Are you alright? You look a bit... sick." Ms. Yoon frowned. Minji felt her cheeks rise in temperature, because of everyone who stared at her. "Um... Y-Yeah... I-I'm fine..." *It's just that I'm totally going to fail that test! I hate math! I hate math!* She mentally hit herself.