Chapter Thirty

When You Were Mine

Minji stayed in her room for the next few hours. She told her family she needed sleep and skipped out on breakfast, but she didn’t even sleep. Whenever she closed her eyes, she could still see it.

 

Her boyfriend, the one she loves with all her heart. Her best friend, the one the who promised she’d stay by her side forever. Both of them betrayed her.

 

She lied in bed and cried softly. She skipped out on lunch, despite how much the maids tried to call her down. She skipped out on dinner, despite how much her own parents tried to call her down.

 

She didn’t feel hungry. She just felt… empty. She felt like her heart was just pulled out and stomped on. And by her own boyfriend and best friend. She felt used… betrayed… hurt… and, above all, heartbroken.

 

"Minji." Mr. and Mrs. Lee sighed as they walked into her room. Minji sniffled and pulled the blanket over her head.

 

"Sweetie, come eat." Mrs. Lee sat on the edge of the bed and pulled the blanket down. Minji shook her head and sniffled.

 

"Okay. You’re my little angel, and I love you. You know that, right?" Mr. Lee gave her a look, and she nodded.

 

"We haven’t seen you in two years. We’re only going to be here until New Year’s. Then we may not see you for a year or two or even three. Are you really going to waste the days we’re here… crying over some idiot who doesn’t deserve your tears?" He narrowed his eyes at his daughter, who pouted and pulled the blanket over her head.

 

"Because, if you are, we might as well just leave now." He scoffed. Minji’s eyes went wide as she sat up. "Y-You guys are le-leaving?"

 

"Why should we stay, if our daughter doesn’t even bother to spend time with us?" Mr. Lee raised a brow at her. Minji bit her lip and lowered her head.

 

"This is perfect!" Mrs. Lee beamed at her husband, "We can go to Paris~~~" She sing-songed as she stood up, "Visit the Eiffel Tower! Go sight-seeing! Go shoppi-"

 

"No! Don’t go!" Minji pleaded as she shot up. Her parents blinked at her, "Then get dressed."

 

"W-Where are we going?" She sniffled and wiped a tear. Mrs. Lee shrugged. "It’s Christmas! We’re not going to spend it locked up in the mansion!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"OOOOPPPPPAAAAA!"

 

Woohyun turned around. As soon as he did, he was tackled and fell onto the cold ice. He hissed in pain as they slid backwards.

 

"M-Mianhae!" Soyoung giggled and shakily got up but almost fell again. Woohyun sat up and put a hand on the back of his head. "If you don’t know how to skate, get off the ice! You’re going to kill someone!" He growled at her. She pouted and skated away but crashed into Jihyun, who had the same reaction.

 

"You kids alright out there?" The Nam’s and the Jung’s all laughed as they watched their children, from the bleachers.

 

Woohyun looked at them. He opened his mouth to reply but stopped when he saw a family of three enter the skating rink.

 

His eyes sparkled brighter than the star on the top of the Christmas tree as a large, goofy smile immediately came onto his face.

 

The girl looked out onto the skating rink and brightened up just a bit when she saw him. She waved a bit and sat at the bleachers, her skates in her hands. She twisted her lips as she stared at them and wondered how to tie them.

 

"You don’t know how to put skates on?" Woohyun snickered when he came off the skating rink. Minji cleared , "Pfffft. What are you talking about? Of course I know how to put skates on." She mumbled quietly but didn’t put them on.

 

Woohyun smiled at her and knelt down in front of her. He carefully took her sneakers off and slid her skates on.

 

"What are you doing?" Minji unconsciously blushed when she saw some girls squealing and cooing over Woohyun’s cuteness.

 

"Are you blind? If not, you should be able to see what I’m doing." Woohyun chuckled as he tied the laces of her skates for her. She would have made a face at him or laughed but was too upset to even do that.

 

From the other side of the bleachers, Mr. and Mrs. Nam and Mr. and Mrs. Jung watched as Woohyun tied the girl’s skates and smiled at her.

 

"Isn't that the girl Woohyun was talking to? That one day we went to his school when he got into a fight..." Mrs. Nam blinked at the girl. Mr. Nam nodded in response.

 

Mrs. Nam watched them a bit longer. She smiled when she saw the way Woohyun smiled at the girl. Mr. Nam also saw the way his son smiled at the girl and realized the same thing his wife did.

 

"That's the girl..."