Awakened

Forgotten Memories

3 weeks have passed.

Everyday, Yunho visits the unconscious Jaejoong as early as the visiting hours allow him, and leaving at the latest possible times. He would sit by the hospital bed and stay there, talking about his day, his thoughts, or even just watching the other boy. At lunch and dinner times, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin would visit, bring Yunho food as well. Yunho passed the three weeks following the same schedule.

On the last day of the second week, he was confronted by a nurse, "I'm sorry sir...it has been three weeks already. You all should be prepared..I'm really--" The nurse was abruptly cut off by the tall man. "Don't apologize. He will wake up. He will! Just wait. I know he will!" Yunho was getting frantic. Though he said it to the nurse, he was actually trying to convince himself. Jaejoong will be fine. The nurse shot the young man a sympathetic look before she rushed off to her other duties.

Yunho stepped back into the the room, took his usual seat next to Jaejoong, and examined the latter. By now, all the horrifying wounds had closed. Miraculously, they left no visible scars or marks.

Dear God,

Please...please, please save him. I beg you! Even if he wakes up still hating me. Even if he hates me for the rest of his life...Please...I--He needs a miracle.

Yunho finished his prayer and looked up at Jaejoong. He took ahold of the limp hand. "Jaejoong..." He bowed his head, closing his eyes. A miracle...He listened to the monotone beeping of the monitor. Beep beep beep. If only beep it would beep go faster beep. Yunho thought as the monitor went on. Beep beep beep beepbeepbeepbeepbeep. Yunho kept his eyes shut. Was he imagining? Or was the monitor speeding up? No, It couldn't be speeding up. There were only two possibilities for that; Jaejoong was waking up, or the machine was broken. But machines don't break that often. So...Jaejoong was waking up? Yunho opened his eyes and peeked at the sleeping boy.The still body...was no longer still. The chest was now steadily-and obviously rising and falling, unlike the past weeks when Yunho could barely tell if Jaejoong was even breathing or not. Jaejoong is waking..With realization, Yunho's eyes widened as he shot up from the chair. OH CRAP! JAEJOONG IS WAKING! He made a rush for the assistance button to call for someone.

A few minutes later, a nurse walking in, "What is the prob--Oh! Mr. Kim's pulse!" The woman dashes out. Probably to get a doctor. Yunho gently the hand he was still holding. "Jaejoong-ah, Please forgive me. I got you into this. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let you leave." He still couldn't remember why they were fighting. I want to tell him...tell him my feelings for him...before he pulls another stunt like this again. I want him to know how I really feel about him...And I want to know how he feels...about me. Before I lose the chance. What is the worst that can happen? We go back to being just friends. Nothing more.

His thoughts were interrupted when he felt the slightest movement in front of him. Jaejoong's eyelids fluttered. The hand that Yunho was holding twitched. The beautiful doe eyes slowly opened. Yunho's voice was caught in joyfulness, excitement, and surprise. "J-jaejoong-ah! I--You--" A door opening, followed by footsteps interrupted him. The doctor, a middle-aged man came in. "Ah, you are awake! That is good. Mr. Jung if you don't mind, I need to run a few tests...and he also needs to rest more now. Someone will send for you when you can visit again. For now, please wait in the waiting room."

Wishing for the fastest recovery Jaejoong could get, Yunho nodded and left the room without another word. I wish...I could finish what I was going to say...He sat down in the waiting room. Shortly after, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin's voices could be heard. They rushed to their friend. "We came the moment we were notified! Jaejoong hyung, did he say anything? Did he even open his eyes yet?" Yunho answered the questions flying at him. 

"He did wake up. The monitor just started speeding up...and after I notified the nurse, he opened his eyes--"

"Did he say anything?"

"No, because--"

"Was he confused to be in the hospi--"

"Was he hungry?" The last question was asked by Changmin, who was currently eating a box of Chocoshrooms*. He received strange looks from all his hyungs. "What? I'm hungry...so I just asked..."

Junsu waved the attention back to the questions, "So? Aren't you going to answer??"

Yunho smiled, "How can I answer when I can hardly finish a sentence? After he opened his eyes, the doctor came in and I had to leave...I was told to sit in the waiting room. They said someone will send for us when we can see Jaejoong." The sentence had just left his lips when a nurse came towards them. "Mr. Kim can see his visitors now. He is still in the same room."

YooSuMinHo all made a mad dash to their oldest hyung's room. The nurse opened to say something. But after she saw how eager the four were, she decided it could wait and shut . 

Inside room 401, a raven-haired boy with brown doe eyes turned his head as four people rushed in and surrounded his bed. "Jaejoong!" They all exclaimed. 

"Are you alright?"

"What happened?"

"How are you feeling?"

"We were all so worried!"

"Don't scare us like that again!"

Jaejoong's face was unreadable. He frowned as if trying to remember something. "J-junsu?" Junsu nodded vigorously, "Yes??" The pale skinned male took another look around him, "Changmin?" Changmin nodded completely forgetting about his chocolate snack, "Yes, hyung? Are you alright?" Jaejoong managed a smile and nod. "Y-yes. But...what happened?" He glanced at Yoochun and Yunho. "Are these your friends?"

"You were in a car accident...but hyung, isn't it too early for jokes right now?" Changmin answered.

Yoochun smiled, "Hahaha, at least we know you have your sense of humor still intact."

Jaejoong frowned, "But...I'm not joking...." There was a long pause before a spark of recognition lit up his eyes. "Oh, I think I remember...maybe. You hang out with Junsu a lot...right? I can't remember your name...Yoo...Yoo..Yoochun?" 

Yoochun face was full of worry. Did Jaejoong really just almost forget him? "Yes, I'm glad you remember!" Jaejoong turned to the last person in the room he hadn't acknowledged yet. The tall, tanned skin one, not quite as tall as Changmin...He has a handsome face. Jaejoong thought as he searched his mind for any matching names. Yunho looked deep into Jaejoong's eyes, searching for that spark of recognition. What chilled his bones was that blank look he received from his best friend, and the words that came along with it. 

"Who are you?"

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Chocoshrooms-A snack. Crackers covered with chocolate. It is shaped like a mushroom. TRY IT! It is soo good. -__- I'm hungry now.

You know, I actually thought of ending this chapter at: "Inside room 401, a raven-haired boy with brown doe eyes turned his head as four people rushed in and surrounded his bed." Or at: "Jaejoong's face was unreadable. He frowned as if trying to remember something." Hahaha, but I hate cliffhangers. Especially "big" ones. So I did you guys a favor and ended it at a "smaller" cliff. How thoughtful of me. *Pats back for thinking of others* XDXD Hmm, after re-reading it...it isn't much of a small cliff is it? XD Sorry. I'll try to update soon. Yay! 12 subscribers~

Again, please excuse the typos and such. Night is the only time I can actually think and write the chapters well. XP But it also is the time where my mind is groggy. I've noticed that I sometimes write in past tense...then present. XD Fail~ If course...the "thoughts" of characters will usually be in present tense.

I'm so sorry my chapters are so short! I cannot write a long chapter where the scroll bars are like...just 3 cm[I'm exaggerating here. But you all know what I mean]. O-o I admire those out there who can! -3- Which is like...everyone. [Again exaggerating].

Anyways, hope you enjoyed. And as always, please comment! Your thoughts, comments, idea, anything!  It gives me the pressure/inspiration I need...so that I won't keep putting this off for "later". XDXD Do I talk too much? I shall shut up now.

Oh, and this fic most likely not have any scenes. I can't write those...and have never tried...I also will not be using "extremely colorful" language either. Just because they are not needed~ XD After all, there are all sorts of other words you can use in replacement of them. Like "Pooh!" XD. Okay....I really talk too much. Shutting up. I'm going to sleep. [Finally!]